Page 76 of 202 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3027
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    My Hal hyperfixation picked a bad time to turn back on. Really wish I could choose when these things did or didn't take a hold of me.
    Wait, I feel there's some bad news.

Hal Jordan in Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal Jordan in Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis.

Funeral for a friend...

Wasn't Hal one of the heroes carrying the casket. I don't think I remember him and Wonder Woman standing on a rooftop with Batman.

While the colorist forgot to give Hal his grey temples, I'm okay with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    If Hal gets any lines in Green Lantern: Beware My Power then I hope he's voiced by Josh Keaton. In fact, I hope Josh Keaton voices him for the rest of time. He is THE Hal voice for me.
    I’m sure he’s dead as hell because they didn’t even bother to give him a voice actor.
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/green-lan...elease-details

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I’m sure he’s dead as hell because they didn’t even bother to give him a voice actor.
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/green-lan...elease-details
    Yeah, that sucks .

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While the colorist forgot to give Hal his grey temples, I'm okay with it.
    Could just be a coloring mistake but I'd like to think Williamson did the flashback with the Parallax possession in mind and during the events of Superman's funeral Hal wasn't yet being taken over by Parallax, so no grey hair yet.

By Skyler A.

Could just be a coloring mistake but I'd like to think Williamson did the flashback with the Parallax possession in mind and during the events of Superman's funeral Hal wasn't yet being taken over by Parallax, so no grey hair yet.
    I don't think that was up to Williamson, unless he intervened after it was inked. In the original continuity, he had grey way before Supes died. You can see the inker stops using black where his grey would be. I also like that we can't see his right arm -- I think it was still in a cast at that point?

Looking at the latest newsletter it looks like Morrison has a bit different 'pansexual' definition. Google mention gender, while Morrison implies only different species of aliens that are, more or less, female.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't think that was up to Williamson, unless he intervened after it was inked. In the original continuity, he had grey way before Supes died. You can see the inker stops using black where his grey would be. I also like that we can't see his right arm -- I think it was still in a cast at that point?
    I know he had the grey hair before the Death of Superman, I mean given the Rebirth retcon established afterwards. Hal didn't just have grey hair, he looked visibly older and more wrinkled in those issues, while here he looks just like regular Hal with the old costume. But perhaps I'm overthinking it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-06-2022 at 09:21 AM.

Jordan’s writer, my hero John Broome, gave Hal the soul of the Beat Generation, imprinting a rootless, searching-for-America restlessness that became the foundation for various takes, including our examination of the character. Considering Hal Jordan in the round, it was easy for Liam and I to emphasize his Beat nature and amplify his cosmic Kerouac, Dharma Bum dimensions!
    I like this analysis of Jordan, the Beat Generation is a group I need to read up on. I’m more familiar with their successors in the 60s and 70s.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

As for Hal Jordan, he flashed that wry grin, thumbed another ride and took to the Road once more, passing out of our stewardship as he’d passed in turn through the hands of John Broome, Denny O’Neill and Geoff Johns among many others. Forever young, self-assured and iron-willed, he lives on, reinterpreted through the personal filters of future creative teams for as long as his IP delivers on the balance sheet!
    Wish I had a tenth of Grant's expression skills. I think it took me a while to really start appreciating them. Without a doubt one of the all-time greats.

Wish I had a tenth of Grant's expression skills. I think it took me a while to really start appreciating them. Without a doubt one of the all-time greats.