Page 158 of 202 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3027
    Astonishing Member

I vote Keith Champagne, he wrote the last truly inventive GL take for me (which sadly was 15 years ago). The Corpse, now I don't want Hal to join the Corpse or anything like that but Champagne showed an ability to use the GL continuity and yet come up with a unique twist on it for a story arc, Dark Side of the Green, which along with Mosaic might be my favorite GL stories that didn't involve Hal. I am done with these new to comics people taking over a flagship title but Keith is a vet but isn't a newbie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In case anyone wasn't sure what willpower even is...
    If there was a manual for new DC writers, this should be in it.

****SPOILERS FOR HAL IN DARK CRISIS #5****

He had a fine appearance. Turns out he had his ring the whole time, it was just hidden as part of the illusions of Pariah's worlds. Hal makes a construct of the bat family to snap Bruce out of his fantasy then he's there helping round up the rest of the League. It's really nice just seeing Hal with the gang. (he and Ollie even get a moment, though the artist gave Hal a weird yelling face or something, when it was meant to be friendly banter.)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-04-2022 at 08:36 AM.

The art continues to stand out in an otherwise bland story.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ****SPOILERS FOR HAL IN DARK CRISIS #5****

He had a fine appearance. Turns out he had his ring the whole time, it was just hidden as part of the illusions of Pariah's worlds. Hal makes a construct of the bat family to snap Bruce out of his fantasy then he's there helping round up the rest of the League. It's really nice just seeing Hal with the gang. (he and Ollie even get a moment, though the artist gave Hal weird a yelling face or something, when it was meant to be friendly banter.)
    It was some nice scenes .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The art continues to stand out in an otherwise bland story.

I’m pretty sure Williamson and Sampere are going to be on a Hal GL book. Sampere loves GL and Hal, he has more DC work coming, and after doing an event I’m sure DC is going to want to give him a dream project. Williamson has three DC books coming and I’m making a prediction now that one of them is Hal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m pretty sure Williamson and Sampere are going to be on a Hal GL book. Sampere loves GL and Hal, he has more DC work coming, and after doing an event I’m sure DC is going to want to give him a dream project. Williamson has three DC books coming and I’m making a prediction now that one of them is Hal.
    Three books !!?? He say that when ?

If he must have three titles i saw Titans and Green Arrow in priority. For Green Lantern why not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Three books !!?? He say that when ?

If he must have three titles i saw Titans and Green Arrow in priority. For Green Lantern why not ?
    In his newsletter. My guess is the three projects are GL, Superman, and the Legacy League book. He’s on the Superman NYCC panel and he’s the odd man out there because he doesn’t currently have a book starring Clark, so I’m expecting that he’s writing a Superman title to justify his presence there. Other two are just guesses but given Sampere loves Hal, the two of them are already working together, and Hal seems set to return to prominence I expect to see Williamson and Sampere team up again for a Hal book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man, I hope not. Williamson seems like it'd just be another Johns' rehash like Vendetti's Rebirth stuff.

Fantastic Member

Amusing what ends up becoming "foreshadowing" if you just wait a few decades.

Hal calling anyone a master would always feel bizarre to me.

I'm probably a bigger Williamson fan then most, but I wouldn't mind a GL run from him. I think he can do a solid Hal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal calling anyone a master would always feel bizarre to me.
    I mean it was what he always did from the time the Guardians first showed up* till ET.

*Well when the Guardians first show up in issue 1 of GL v2 they are keeping themselves a secret from everyone talking with GLs** via energy duplicates that have the GL's full memory but not letting the GL ever know about the encounter. When Tomar-Re shows up he knows they exist but that's all. By issue six Hal is allowed to have the memories of his energy duplicate as a reward for being such a good GL, and by issue 9 they give up on the whole "Guardians work from the shadows" thing and everyone just knows who they are and where they hang out.

**it took them a bit to settle on calling everyone GL at first Hal naming himself after the power battery and thinking it looked like a lantern was uniquely his thing. For a bit, the official name for what he is was "A possessor of a battery of power" by issue 3 with the introduction of Tomar-Re and the Broome not having come up with anything better than that they just quietly retcon it so all "possessor of a battery of power" are called Green Lanterns since that rolls off the tongue more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Man, I hope not. Williamson seems like it'd just be another Johns' rehash like Vendetti's Rebirth stuff.
    I think it is more likely that he'd try to follow up on Morrison's run since he has used lots and lots of elements from Morrison's works. This also makes it likely that the upcoming Superman book will feature Authority members since PJK will turn Action into Super-family title. Again, following up on what Morrison did.

I'm sure that some people will be happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    I mean it was what he always did from the time the Guardians first showed up* till ET.

*Well when the Guardians first show up in issue 1 of GL v2 they are keeping themselves a secret from everyone talking with GLs** via energy duplicates that have the GL's full memory but not letting the GL ever know about the encounter. When Tomar-Re shows up he knows they exist but that's all. By issue six Hal is allowed to have the memories of his energy duplicate as a reward for being such a good GL, and by issue 9 they give up on the whole "Guardians work from the shadows" thing and everyone just knows who they are and where they hang out.

**it took them a bit to settle on calling everyone GL at first Hal naming himself after the power battery and thinking it looked like a lantern was uniquely his thing. For a bit, the official name for what he is was "A possessor of a battery of power" by issue 3 with the introduction of Tomar-Re and the Broome not having come up with anything better than that they just quietly retcon it so all "possessor of a battery of power" are called Green Lanterns since that rolls off the tongue more.
    I know it's not a new thing, just doesn't make a lot of sense to Hal's character, or at least the modern day version of his character.