Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1300
  1. #76
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ironically, Gabriel Hardman said this is why they wanted to avoid that in GL Earth One because he said a lot of those superhero origin stories were about parents and they didn't want to spend much of the book retelling the events of how the death of Hal's dad affected him growing up. And it's true, we barely even got any flashback scenes of Hal's civilian life before he finds the ring.
    I gotta be honest, I read both volumes, but did Carol ever actually show up? I feel like she did in the 2nd volume.

  2. #77
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I gotta be honest, I read both volumes, but did Carol ever actually show up? I feel like she did in the 2nd volume.
    She's in Volume 2, yeah.

  3. #78
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    10,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I gotta be honest, I read both volumes, but did Carol ever actually show up? I feel like she did in the 2nd volume.
    She was, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a ring in a third volume.

    Last edited by Gaius; 01-08-2022 at 10:37 AM.

  4. #79
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,768

    Default

    Hardman's art isn't usually what comes to mind when I think of GL, but it suits this version incredibly well.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She was, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a ring in a third volume.

    It's really hard to get used to Hal with a beard. But I love the art.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Is there any word if Hal will appear in JL vs LSH?

  7. #82
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Is there any word if Hal will appear in JL vs LSH?
    Not exactly but he's on the cover for the annual I believe and he is the only active GL on Earth and is definitely on the JL as seen in Son of Kal-El #3 or #4... plus apparently Bendis likes him... so I'd say it's a safe bet he'll appear in some capacity!

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It's really hard to get used to Hal with a beard. But I love the art.
    He looks better with a beard in Earth One than he did here, but I liked that Bryan Hitch modeled his Hal after Chris Pine.


  9. #84
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    176

    Default


  10. #85
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Not exactly but he's on the cover for the annual I believe and he is the only active GL on Earth and is definitely on the JL as seen in Son of Kal-El #3 or #4... plus apparently Bendis likes him... so I'd say it's a safe bet he'll appear in some capacity!
    That's apparently true even though we never see him outside one guest appearance.

  11. #86
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    10,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hardman's art isn't usually what comes to mind when I think of GL, but it suits this version incredibly well.
    His Manhunters are my favorite look for them.




  12. #87
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Not exactly but he's on the cover for the annual I believe and he is the only active GL on Earth and is definitely on the JL as seen in Son of Kal-El #3 or #4... plus apparently Bendis likes him... so I'd say it's a safe bet he'll appear in some capacity!
    Haven't heard of Son of Kal-El but if Hal's there, I might just check it out.

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Haven't heard of Son of Kal-El but if Hal's there, I might just check it out.
    He shows up in one page in one issue if I remember correctly. It's kind of a nice moment since he briefly interacts with Clark's parents but I really don't think it's worth to pick it up just for that. He's not a recurring character in the book and I don't believe he's made other appearances after that.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,606

    Default

    Yeah Wally West is more involved with Taylor’s run then Hal is, it’s just nice to see Hal is all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  15. #90
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He shows up in one page in one issue if I remember correctly. It's kind of a nice moment since he briefly interacts with Clark's parents but I really don't think it's worth to pick it up just for that. He's not a recurring character in the book and I don't believe he's made other appearances after that.
    That's a shame. I was hoping for more than just a one page deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •