Page 107 of 202 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3027
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The figure appears to be John since he has a "pin" like that on his shoulder in the Dark Crisis tie-in.

PKJ did mention other GLs would show up in the GL tie-in too so I'm guessing that's likely another variant cover for the issue they haven't revealed yet.
    Is that Hal at the back?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Is that Hal at the back?
    No - that's Kyle.

Turning an artist blind seems kind of cruel for a "perfect world". Wonder what their take on Hal is going to be.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Turning an artist blind seems kind of cruel for a "perfect world". Wonder what their take on Hal is going to be.
    Parallax

Or he's perfectly normal, nothing out of the ordinary going on with him

Astonishing Member

Swamp Thing?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Swamp Thing?
    Yeah, it's a good book. And Ram V writes Hal well in the issue.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Anyone have any ideas why Hal would be in a picture of all of DC’s outside media content? Why not John, who’s got an animated movie coming up, or Alan & Guy, who’re starring in the HBO Max show?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Anyone have any ideas why Hal would be in a picture of all of DC’s outside media content? Why not John, who’s got an animated movie coming up, or Alan & Guy, who’re starring in the HBO Max show?
    If that promo piece includes comics content then he does have a substantial role in Dark Crisis. Or maybe we'll get some news about the Green Lantern/GL Corps movie soon?

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    If that promo piece includes comics content then he does have a substantial role in Dark Crisis. Or maybe we'll get some news about the Green Lantern/GL Corps movie soon?
    These characters are all exclusively movies, TV, and video games. If they were including comics, wouldn't Superman, Son of Kal-El, or, hell, Wonder Woman, be used instead?

It just seems like an odd inclusion to me. Clearly it was done before all the mass CW cancellations, but Hal seems to be the only character included with no movie, TV show, cartoon or video game, which makes his inclusion so odd to me. If they wanted to include a GL, why not Jess, who's on DC Super Hero Girls (which also has Hal, but he doesn't have his classic look like Lee drew) or John, who'll be in his own movie soon, along with the Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League video game.

Perhaps they just wanted a GL presence on the promo poster, similar to last year when they had John on the Fandome poster despite that out of the many characters they selected he was the only one with no outside media presence at the time. I think that's why they put Hal here, not necessarily because they're "teasing" something with him.

What's up with Fandome anyway, are we getting another one this year? I imagine we should, especially since there won't be DC films panel at SDCC.

These characters are all exclusively movies, TV, and video games. If they were including comics, wouldn't Superman, Son of Kal-El, or, hell, Wonder Woman, be used instead?

It just seems like an odd inclusion to me. Clearly it was done before all the mass CW cancellations, but Hal seems to be the only character included with no movie, TV show, cartoon or video game, which makes his inclusion so odd to me. If they wanted to include a GL, why not Jess, who's on DC Super Hero Girls (which also has Hal, but he doesn't have his classic look like Lee drew) or John, who'll be in his own movie soon, along with the Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League video game.
    Yeah I'm honestly really confused about Hal's inclusion. I can only imagine that it signifies GL news on the movies front. But maybe I'm too hopeful, ha!
    Last edited by StarSpangledMan; 07-01-2022 at 03:29 AM.

Perhaps they just wanted a GL presence on the promo poster, similar to last year when they had John on the Fandome poster despite that out of the many characters they selected he was the only one with no outside media presence at the time. I think that's why they put Hal here, not necessarily because they're "teasing" something with him.

What's up with Fandome anyway, are we getting another one this year? I imagine we should, especially since there won't be DC films panel at SDCC.
    I think DC's new Discovery overlords are still deciding whether or not Fandome is worth doing or not. With the whole Ezra debacle, they've got bigger headaches to deal with at the moment.

As for John's inclusion in the promo poster last year, that was in anticipation for his animated movie out next month. The lead time for animation is pretty long so they already knew that was coming down the pipe.

I'm not saying that anything with Hal is coming, but it's a very odd inclusion to be sure. Frankly, I'm baffled by it.

He is barely visible so I think that maybe we are over-thinking things here a bit. Maybe Lee just wanted to draw Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Yeah I'm honestly really confused about Hal's inclusion. I can only imagine that it signifies GL news on the movies front. But maybe I'm too hopeful, ha!
    I'm the opposite - my first thought was that he was going to pop in in Black Adam just to be killed.

Then I tried to be hopeful and maybe he'll show up in some "Flashpoint" sequence.... just to be killed (dammit, I tried)

But yeah, maybe it's just to have a GL presence and Lee chose Hal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I love the bronze age.