Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187
Results 2,791 to 2,795 of 2795

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I guess so. But Hal generally never takes the ring off so it's monitoring him in his personal life as well.
    It is kind of a spooky concept from an Orwellian perspective.....even if it makes sense in the context of Hal being a space cop, but imagine.....

If the rings surveillance technology could be duplicated and used by employers or governments. People having to wear these rings at work, so that Jeff Bezos can make sure everyone is continually working and not talking about forming a union.

This is all conjecture of course, but I wonder how Hal (or other earth GL's) feel about the growth of security cameras all over street corners? They would probably like it, Ollie always had a better grasp of the political dangers of authoritarianism.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    It is kind of a spooky concept from an Orwellian perspective.....even if it makes sense in the context of Hal being a space cop, but imagine.....

If the rings surveillance technology could be duplicated and used by employers or governments. People having to wear these rings at work, so that Jeff Bezos can make sure everyone is continually working and not talking about forming a union.

This is all conjecture of course, but I wonder how Hal (or other earth GL's) feel about the growth of security cameras all over street corners? They would probably like it, Ollie always had a better grasp of the political dangers of authoritarianism.
    That's definitely the point Johns is having Ollie make, which is a good one, but Hal is also right in that any honest cop that's not doing anything wrong shouldn't be worried about the authorities supervising him 24/7 while he's wearing such a powerful weapon.

This is why I'd point to that scene as being one of the few Hal/Ollie political debates that treats both characters with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's definitely the point Johns is having Ollie make, which is a good one, but Hal is also right in that any honest cop that's not doing anything wrong shouldn't be worried about the authorities supervising him 24/7 while he's wearing such a powerful weapon.

This is why I'd point to that scene as being one of the few Hal/Ollie political debates that treats both characters with respect.
    It's all good, I'm just having a bit of fun stirring the pot, though I did feel Hal was endorsing Big Brother when I read the issue 20 years ago.

But has you stated, cops should have what they're doing supervised, I completely agree with that. I understand Hal's perspective now, cheers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Is this based from Hal's Injustice costume?

It's an original design for the figure. Aside from the white boots I actually think it looks good.