Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What makes you think they would't "let" Hal be there? Maybe the writer just chose to use John. Why would they "let" Hal be in "World's Finest" or "Swamp Thing"? I know it sucks Hal doesn't have a book currently, but he was supposed to headline GL before the writer dropped out. I think DC is trying to broaden the GL franchise since it's built for that, but I don't buy into the "DC is out to get Hal" gripes
    Neither do I because that's not what I'm doing. I pointed out the "poster boy" of the GL franchise DC has traditionally marketed for the better part of the past half century now. One Lantern being prioritized doesn't mean they're out to "get" someone else, even if we ignore what happened in the 90s, it means their marketing efforts are concentrated around that particular character and therefore he will be the one to receive majority of the attention. I find nothing controversial in pointing this out, for example they indeed wouldn't let Andy Schmidt use Earth-3 Hal in his Crime Syndicate book even though the character descriptions were released and Emerald Knight was originally slated to be Hal, in the last minute that was changed to John who was reimagined as a Coast City native trained by Sinestro. Based on many different examples over the years over how the default Lantern has been treated, I have no reason to believe that pointing out the way DC has traditionally done business with this franchise should be equated to griping about how "they're out to get Hal".
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-26-2022 at 05:16 AM.