Page 91 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3027

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Also worth noting the end of Volume 2 setting up the status quo for ACW was sort of a... beta version of Emerald Twilight. Hal has to fight the supposedly dead but is revealed to be alive in the Central Battery Siniestro who he finally kills for good (tm). By the end of it, almost every single GL across the universe has lost its rings. All the Guardians but one, a named one the reader and Hal have a history with, Appa Ali Apsa/Old Timer, are gone, and since ACW largely pretends Guy Gardner doesn't exist Hal is the last person in this corner of the universe with a ring. (John does get one back part way into ACW, just in time for Cosmic Odyssey!)

And if you want a look at how wrong-footed ACW was with GLs, the first issue does a great job. Hal and Arsia are staying with John and Kat in their apartment since Hal can't find a job. (And I guess Arsia can't either despite them showing her doing well as a model, and the GLC cathedral is just... off-limits for reasons.) When Hal points out he's looking for a job but can't get one John says "Hey no Guardians around so no rules, this paper mentions an abandoned diamond mine, go get diamonds from that for money with your ring!" And when John argues it's technically not stealing since it's an abandoned mine Hal goes along with the idea. And then when he's gone Star Sapphire shows up and murders Kat for shock value... I mean to send a message to Hal.
    This run sounds all over the place .

Astonishing Member

And here I was thinking of collecting it.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Super cute .

Adding the chorus Top Gun 2 is the best Hal Jordan movie we're never gonna get.

By Fico Ossio from JL: Road to Dark Crisis.

That winning smile .

The cartoony art is really good too. One of the things about great characters is you can feature them in any art style and won't feel out of place. Hal can be drawn in any style from photo realistic to cartoony and it doesn't feel like it doesn't suit him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Adding the chorus Top Gun 2 is the best Hal Jordan movie we're never gonna get.
    We might get fan edits in Youtube though. Just wish we had more video material of Hal wearing his GL uniform.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    By Fico Ossio from JL: Road to Dark Crisis.

The art looks good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Seems like it. Hope he's not punked out, though the entire League was punked out so there's that. Besides unless I'm mistaken Hal has never actually met Pariah before, has he? He wasn't active during CoIE, so does he even know who he is.

Seems like it. Hope he's not punked out, though the entire League was punked out so there's that. Besides unless I'm mistaken Hal has never actually met Pariah before, has he? He wasn't active during CoIE, so does he even know who he is.
    Considering how quickly the League was taken out, he can't do any worse, can he??

"Uncle Hal" sounds right when his niece calls him that. When adult Wally West with two kids calls him that, not so much. Then again he's the only one of the "uncles" left in Dark Crisis, so I guess it fits there.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-07-2022 at 08:58 AM.

"Uncle Hal" sounds right when his niece calls him that. When adult Wally West with two kids calls him that, not so much. Then again he's the only one of the "uncles" left in Dark Crisis, so I guess it fits there.
    I thought Wally was just being playful
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.