Page 86 of 202 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3027

Hal in DC Worlds Collide.

It's a mobile card game that I'm not sure if it's slated to be released in the US or Europe but still nice to see him in outside media.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal in DC Worlds Collide.

It's a mobile card game that I'm not sure if it's slated to be released in the US or Europe but still nice to see him in outside media.
    I love that art .

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Let me see if I can best explain why Hal is in Swamp Thing, will be in spoiler box

spoilers:
    So the new Swamp Thing Levi is fighting a villain who grafted an avatar (like Swampy) onto his own body and altered the very laws of the universe and has things that shouldn’t be around waking up and establishing the Parliament of Gears. The Parliament of Trees don’t like this so they have summoned a plant based alien ship armada to attack the earth, this of course got Hal Jordan’s attention. Oh and Batman told Hal how to find Levi.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for describing the whole scene!

Here's Hal "why am I wearing a mask" Jordan.

In my mind, it's more a part of the uniform (or it used to be) rather than a "I have to hide my identity" kinda thing - so when you look at a GL's face,(especially in transmissions where you don't see their torso) you see the green. It's a bit odd how so many artists have dropped it for alien GLs as well since most human GLs don't wear it anymore. I do like that it makes Hal a bit more distinctive and I would never want him to ditch it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In my mind, it's more a part of the uniform (or it used to be) rather than a "I have to hide my identity" kinda thing - so when you look at a GL's face,(especially in transmissions where you don't see their torso) you see the green. It's a bit odd how so many artists have dropped it for alien GLs as well since most human GLs don't wear it anymore. I do like that it makes Hal a bit more distinctive and I would never want him to ditch it.
    Agreed, I was just joking about how he's never met Levi before and yet the first thing he does is tell him his real name. Guess he really trusts Batman since he was the one who directed him to Levi. Or he's just a good judge of character.

Has Hal ever met Alec Holland by the way. I'm guessing he has to know him but I don't recall ever seeing a Hal/Swamp Thing team up before this.

Thanks for describing the whole scene!

So Hal's not even trying anymore. Like, this person would have no idea who "Hal Jordan" is so why even tell him? You're obviously Green Lantern.

Let me see if I can best explain why Hal is in Swamp Thing, will be in spoiler box

spoilers:
    So the new Swamp Thing Levi is fighting a villain who grafted an avatar (like Swampy) onto his own body and altered the very laws of the universe and has things that shouldn’t be around waking up and establishing the Parliament of Gears. The Parliament of Trees don’t like this so they have summoned a plant based alien ship armada to attack the earth, this of course got Hal Jordan’s attention. Oh and Batman told Hal how to find Levi.
    end of spoilers
    Really enjoying Swamp Thing so I’m looking forward to see Ram write more Hal too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I am not currently up to date with the current series (I own all issues), I have just not read them yet. Could someone tell me is Hal Jordon back in the main title?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Has Hal ever met Alec Holland by the way. I'm guessing he has to know him but I don't recall ever seeing a Hal/Swamp Thing team up before this.
    I want to say back in Brightest Day, but I could be imagining that...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I am not currently up to date with the current series (I own all issues), I have just not read them yet. Could someone tell me is Hal Jordon back in the main title?
    He was more involved in the last act of the story involving a big fight on OA. For the most part the series is about John Stewart and Jo Muellin with Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz mixed in. Hal is around though, just not in most of the issues.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

He was more involved in the last act of the story involving a big fight on OA. For the most part the series is about John Stewart and Jo Muellin with Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz mixed in. Hal is around though, just not in most of the issues.
    Awesome to hear. Thanks.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Awesome to hear. Thanks.
    Though I'd say his involvement is so slight that if you're looking for things to read because of Hal... it's likely not worth your time. He's there for the last... three issues or so and has a scene of time in each. If you just want to read GL, it's fine as a series goes. opinion varies so more read and make up your own mind deal I'd say. But not really a thing to read to get a hit of Hal in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Hal's not even trying anymore. Like, this person would have no idea who "Hal Jordan" is so why even tell him? You're obviously Green Lantern.
    It is polite to introduce yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It is polite to introduce yourself.
    I guess, but wouldn't "Hi, I'm Green Lantern" have sufficed ?

Then again I guess if we're going off Morrison's Hal he's more part of the GLC than Earth so he doesn't expecting to stick around much.