Page 13 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's odd because Flash in the JL vs Legion story clearly seems to be Barry despite that he's supposed to be rather incapacitated right now, yet Hal isn't there and neither is Martian Manhunter or Hippolyta(since Diana is there). Yet here you see all 3 of them as well as Wally instead of Barry. If I had to guess it's just different JL teams doing different things. Or maybe Hal is just part of the "reserve" members or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or DC can't keep their own continuity straight for the umpteenth time.
    This is on Bendis. Barry is lost in some multiverse shenanigans since the ends of Infinite Frontier. Other books aknowledge that. Superman (Clark) is at warworld with the Authority and has never been Superman at the same time as Jon, with both on Earth. Bendis just doesn't care.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

So where is Hal in all of this. We know he's stationed on Earth but we hardly ever see him with the League, nor has he shown up anywhere else, yet the final page of the latest GL issue makes it seem like he's been a regular JL member the whole time when he's had cameos at best with them. Was editorial just completely neglecting the character because based on what we have that's what it seems like.

My guess would be that editors told Thorne that Hal is with JL and thats how he is writing Hal here. Did editors tell it to Bendis? Probably, but Bendis is operating in his own pocket universe so it doesn't really matter to him what anyone else is doing.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

So where is Hal in all of this. We know he's stationed on Earth but we hardly ever see him with the League, nor has he shown up anywhere else, yet the final page of the latest GL issue makes it seem like he's been a regular JL member the whole time when he's had cameos at best with them. Was editorial just completely neglecting the character because based on what we have that's what it seems like.
    Sinc the battery was destroyed Hal had no way too recharge his ring. The only reason it still works is probably because he forged differently than the others, according to Venditti's run. We've seen him in civilian clothes in a few league group shots and powered up 4 times: when Jo told him to lay low, in Jon's books saving the Kent's, confronting Jessica about the yellow ring, and now.

I get that's probably not satisfying to his fans, such as yourself, but it does line up with the rest of the line.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Well this is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Sinc the battery was destroyed Hal had no way too recharge his ring. The only reason it still works is probably because he forged differently than the others, according to Venditti's run. We've seen him in civilian clothes in a few league group shots and powered up 4 times: when Jo told him to lay low, in Jon's books saving the Kent's, confronting Jessica about the yellow ring, and now.

I get that's probably not satisfying to his fans, such as yourself, but it does line up with the rest of the line.
    Well I don't believe I need to be a fan of his to notice when important characters like that are treated like C list jabronis who can barely get panel time despite not being incapacitated somehow. They haven't given a single line of explanation for why his ring still works, it's up to the readers to take a guess based on past stories and there's no point to even wonder about that since it's not like he makes regular appearances anywhere. So yes it's not satisfying because readers shouldn't have to wonder why characters with the level of prominence that Hal Jordan has are basically nowhere to be found and only seem to appear whenever it's convenient to do so.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-19-2022 at 02:26 AM.

If at least part of DC's reasoning is to not make Hal look subservient to other characters' story, I don't mind him not showing up in the GL book more often and I generally don't mind them pushing newer or less popular characters(though I agree about too many GLs), but doing so while almost entirely neglecting characters on whose shoulders some of their most popular brands are built is where it becomes more questionable for me.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-19-2022 at 06:01 AM.

One of the variant covers for the final issue of Justice League out in April.

Not sure to be happy or upset that Hal's left out of the lineup of dead JLA. We know they won't stay dead, but some of these images cement the "JLA" as all the founders (even Cyborg in one of them, even though he's shown to be alive in this cover) but not Hal.

It would be one thing if I had any faith that this would lead to a good Hal story picking up the pieces as the last founding JL member, but I doubt it. I thought the same during "52" when the Trinity was gone, but he was pushed to the side role then as well. The article states that there won't be a JL for awhile after, which means Hal won't rebuild ... and for what reason, I can only hope he's pulled into space for something, but again I have little faith this will lead to Hal getting a spotlight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's odd, I actually wasn't so hot on Morrison's JLA. Wasn't bad or anything just think I preferred Morrison's work I've read where they're narrowed in on one character.
    I thought Morrison wrote JLA like over the top, Michael Bay popcorn summer blockbusters, something I found to have been fun. Hell, in his very first arc with the Hyperclan, Morrison gave titles to each of the five issues after 1950’s sci-fi flicks, a nice touch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not sure to be happy or upset that Hal's left out of the lineup of dead JLA. We know they won't stay dead, but some of these images cement the "JLA" as all the founders (even Cyborg in one of them, even though he's shown to be alive in this cover) but not Hal.

It would be one thing if I had any faith that this would lead to a good Hal story picking up the pieces as the last founding JL member, but I doubt it. I thought the same during "52" when the Trinity was gone, but he was pushed to the side role then as well. The article states that there won't be a JL for awhile after, which means Hal won't rebuild ... and for what reason, I can only hope he's pulled into space for something, but again I have little faith this will lead to Hal getting a spotlight.
    My feelings exactly.

I haven't seen any image indicating or suggesting the dead heroes were the founders. Especially with the likes of Zatanna, Green Arrow and Black Canary also among the fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I haven't seen any image indicating or suggesting the dead heroes were the founders. Especially with the likes of Zatanna, Green Arrow and Black Canary also among the fallen.
    Not all the founders are in all the images indicating the fallen, but the statue cover image has all the founders (plus a few more) except Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Yeah, Hal is only front and center since he's the only founding JL member on that image(Flash seems to be Wally there). I do like it though, if anyone among the characters on that cover should be standing in the middle of those caskets, it's him.

As for the cover with the statues, I think those are just meant to showcase the characters this JL run initially started with. Which were 6 of the founders plus Cyborg, John and Hawkgirl. Even if some of those won't be the ones to "die", it makes sense to have them on a variant cover of the last issue of the same run that started with them.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-19-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Well, yeah. If John is the GL who supposedly "died" I don't know why they'd leave him off the memorial in favor of Hal.