Page 112 of 202 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3027

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wait...are they going to have Pariah take out the rest of the Corps. until only Jo is left?
    Maybe sticking with Thorne's continuity was better deal for GLs then.

Ha - from that splash page I thought they were saying that Black Adam was being offered Corps membership, but it was a nice surprise to see who Hal was offering the ring to.

And yeah, I wonder if Arisia was brought back to life just to be killed again next month. (not that that's unusual for DC these days)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Apparently Williamson's Hal is such a badass he doesn't even care about continuity anymore.

Well I'm ghappy for now that Thorne's stupid pointless mass kill off is either being ignored or has been undone offscreen. Now hopefully if if they end up jobbing they'll stay alive.

Well big villain won't be dealt with in third issue so of course GLs will job.

Apparently Williamson's Hal is such a badass he doesn't even care about continuity anymore.

Yeah it's kind of sad but since basically everyone is jobbing in this event, the Green Lanterns shouldn't be an exception.

Yeah it's kind of sad but since basically everyone is jobbing in this event, the Green Lanterns shouldn't be an exception.
    Crisis of Infinite Jobbers.

Until Harley Quinn shows up and defeats the Dark Army.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Until Harley Quinn shows up and defeats the Dark Army.
    Batman gives her the thumbs up as he reveals everyone she helped kill with the Joker and Poison Ivy were actually all secret evil robots, so she's off the hook for any consequences for her own actions

So she'll get her own "Lost Lanterns" arc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think the issue is not that Thorne (or another writer) will have to deal with this, but that many of the changes made in his run won't be explored much before we move back to status quo.
    This.

I assume any sequel will probably take place after Dark Crisis, with the Corps in whatever form they are left after the event - but certainly having returned to the most recognizable status quo between the end of the first series and the event. This probably means we won't get to see how Jessica, Guy, and Baz got their rings back, or how Arisia and the other dead Lanterns returned from death.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    This.

I assume any sequel will probably take place after Dark Crisis, with the Corps in whatever form they are left after the event - but certainly having returned to the most recognizable status quo between the end of the first series and the event. This probably means we won't get to see how Jessica, Guy, and Baz got their rings back, or how Arisia and the other dead Lanterns returned from death.
    With Jess and Guy, I don't imagine there's anything to see. Sure, maybe it could've been a cool moment, but there's no doubt that Jess would choose to be a GL again once the battery was back and she had a choice. Baz is a little more interesting considering his transformation at the end of GL12, but he might've just changed his uniform. Arisia... well, that's obviously more complicated but ... comics. Considering she's just a glorified extra now, one line of exposition is all that would be required. But of course she could just remain dead again in the next GL series. There were continuity mistakes when Jess got her ring, but those were ignored - it only mattered that she had the ring. DC just barrels forward and only looks back when a writer chooses to.

Astonishing Member

Nice to see we have GLC again.

I knew this was going to happen. What the hell was the point in mandating Thorne blow up the Battery when DC was never going to commit to that? DC editorial are dumb as rocks I swear.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
    While a big part of me thinks it's good that it's looking like Thorne's run can mostly just be ignored/swept under the rug, perhaps barring what happened to John Stewart, another part of me still thinks that something should be done regarding the situation with all those Earth Lanterns. The overabundance of them plus storytelling that I feel hasn't been compelling for the longest time killed my affection for the franchise.
    I agree to this.