Page 135 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3027
    Fantastic Member

Hal's eyes have almost always been shifting back and forth between blue and brown. If anything it used to be more notciable since most of Hal's artist in the 60s through the 80s drew his eyes in behind his mask. Adams was the first to use the 'white eyes' thing with Hal but it didn't make a huge comeback till M.D, Bright who seemed to draw a lot of Adams in his Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    If I were to make a Sinestro thread would it be closed? or is there a general DC villains appreciation thread?
    No, it is just my personal opinion. I have less problems with Sinestro, but people praising characters like Luthor, Black Adam and Magneto often annoy me. No, these characters don't "have a point", they are just psychopaths.

Edit: Can add Deathstroke to that list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    No, it is just my personal opinion. I have less problems with Sinestro, but people praising characters like Luthor, Black Adam and Magneto often annoy me. No, these characters don't "have a point", they are just psychopaths.

I mean appreciating/praising a character is different from supporting and agreeing with their actions. All those villains you named are incredible characters that I appreciate very much. Doesn't mean I would pass the blunt to them
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Not in real life, but Sinestro is one of the greatest characters ever. and it's like the people making BMP never even read a single comic with him in it.

If I were to make a Sinestro thread would it be closed? or is there a general DC villains appreciation thread?
    I don't think so. But most likely at the end of the year, when every appreciation thread gets closed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Mine is Harley Quinn.

Villains are frequently one of the most popular parts of any superhero narrative, so it's not really surprising people would gravitate towards them. Think of how much of Batman's appeal comes from having a god tier rogues gallery.

***SPOILERS FOR DARK CRISIS #3****
    spoilers:
    Pretty good showing for Hal. He offers to go solo into the Black Lantern but doesn't refuse the help that's offered. Hal, Jo and Kyle are a nice looking trio, btw) His gameplan is solid - the Black Lantern leads to Pariah (we'll overlook how he figured that out), then Hal dives into John's world to uncover the truth. It wasn't exactly the "war" that they promoted, but it was a cool scene - especially Pariah bringing up Parallax. So yeah, Hal lives to fight another day. (with his presence already spoiled on future covers, it's not a huge surprise, but there's always a little anxiety about Hal's fate these days, which like it or not makes for a better reading experience)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ***SPOILERS FOR DARK CRISIS #3****
    spoilers:
    Pretty good showing for Hal. He offers to go solo into the Black Lantern but doesn't refuse the help that's offered. Hal, Jo and Kyle are a nice looking trio, btw) His gameplan is solid - the Black Lantern leads to Pariah (we'll overlook how he figured that out), then Hal dives into John's world to uncover the truth. It wasn't exactly the "war" that they promoted, but it was a cool scene - especially Pariah bringing up Parallax. So yeah, Hal lives to fight another day. (with his presence already spoiled on future covers, it's not a huge surprise, but there's always a little anxiety about Hal's fate these days, which like it or not makes for a better reading experience)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think Hal figured it out because Adam mentioned Nekron and Hal said the black lantern power battery returning must be connected.

Also yeah I appreciated how Hal basically managed to fend off Pariah and escape into a prison world he shouldn’t be on to help the League. Can’t wait to see how it goes next issue, and maybe in the green lantern world tie-in.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    Wonder if Pariah's line about Hal still getting Coast City back "with a wave of hand" was meant to be a real-life reference about Geoff Johns bringing Coast City back after absolving Hal of any guilt as Parallax.

The clear similarities between Pariah and Parallax are also notable, since Pariah also went mad after losing everything dear to him and wants to "fix things" by remaking the universe/multiverse/omniverse. While Hal's comment about Pariah thinking he's in control of the great darkness' power when in fact it seems to be the other way around also felt like a reference to Hal knowing better than anyone else what is like to be manipulated by an outside force while thinking you're the one in control.

Hal's fate does seem to be at stake indeed, since I don't believe those similarities and him being the first hero to confront Pariah after the death of the JL are coincidental.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-02-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    I think Hal figured it out because Adam mentioned Nekron and Hal said the black lantern power battery returning must be connected.
    end of spoilers
    I know, but it's still a bit of a stretch to do what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    spoilers:
    While Hal's comment about Pariah thinking he's in control of the great darkness' power when in fact it seems to be the other way around also felt like a reference to Hal knowing better than anyone else what is like to be manipulated by an outside force while thinking you're the one in control.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I took Hal's line to be a direct reference to that.

Also:
    spoilers:
    Hal Jordan isn't welcome in Sector John Stewart? I couldn't help but wonder if that was a bit of meta-commentary. I guess we'll know more if Hal and John get to interact on this world.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-02-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Well, so far so good...

spoilers:
    Hal Jordan isn't welcome in Sector John Stewart? I couldn't help but wonder if that was a bit of meta-commentary. I guess we'll know more if Hal and John get to interact on this world.
    end of spoilers
    I think it was more of a reference to Pariah just not wanting Hal to ruin his plans, though I guess it could certainly be seen that way too.

I swear they make Hal look as young as Kyle's generation sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I swear they make Hal look as young as Kyle's generation sometimes.
    I think he looks great there. I hate when he looks like he could be Kyle's dad, so I'd rather the artists swing younger than older. (Hal already gets knocked for looking old in civilian attire anyway)

I think he looks great there. I hate when he looks like he could be Kyle's dad, so I'd rather the artists swing younger than older. (Hal already gets knocked for looking old in civilian attire anyway)
    That's pretty much my only criticism of Sampere's art in this issue. Hal should be wearing a T-shirt underneath the jacket dammit! lol

Seems like Hal would help get both John and then Barry out of their happy worlds.