Page 155 of 202 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3027
    Astonishing Member

Never got enough Jim Lee drawn Hal during that Johns/Lee version of Justice League, Hal ups and takes a leave of absence after the first arc, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I saw this Jordan family tree on another site, what do you think?

That's neat .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I love how that episode flipped the dynamic between him and Jess in the show. Gave Jess some honestly needed ribbing for always thinking she's better than Hal to outright stick in the mud levels.

Which at least Hal is an idiot so Jess disliking him is understandable compared to how we're supposed to feel bad for Kara for being upstaged by Clark despite Kara being a brutish jerk.
    I mean, Kara has her personality issues but the shows' version of Clark is kind of a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    I agree. I think Hal will be back with the Justice League and headlining Green Lantern after Dark Crisis.

John Stewart fans should be more concerned if they have any foresight. He got turned into some weird identity and flung far away from anything of significance in the DC Universe. That just seems like it's getting him out of the way. Personally, I wouldn't mind that if the stories were cool and the identity and design were good, but I don't feel that's what's been going on from what I've read.
    I don't think you're far off if the previous pattern holds. I stu,bled across this blurb in a Wizard magazine article focusing on the Lantern franchise:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gibbons as interviewed by Ben Morse, Wizard #164
    In his soul he is not a Green Lantern, but he is a hero. The qualities the Guardians seek out for a Green Lantern are the ones that Hal Jordan possesses, and Kyle doesn't quite have those, but he tries. He might be viewed by some people as a second-rate Green Lantern, but there's nothing second-rate about him as a man.
    I hope that whoever helms the book doesn't follow the spirit of Gibbons and Johns. Kyle was never second rate and nothing is more affirming of that fact than Johns and company depicting Hal as Kyle Lite after his "rebirth".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't think you're far off if the previous pattern holds. I stu,bled across this blurb in a Wizard magazine article focusing on the Lantern franchise:

I hope that whoever helms the book doesn't follow the spirit of Gibbons and Johns. Kyle was never second rate and nothing is more affirming of that fact than Johns and company depicting Hal as Kyle Lite after his "rebirth".
    Kyle was honestly Hal-lite in most of how he was witten.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Kyle was honestly Hal-lite in most of how he was witten.
    It's possible that such a thing came to be after GLR especially given that Gibbons and Johns seemed to think of Kyle as a second-rate Green Lantern. However, when introduced Kyle was NOTHING like Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Think the only thing deader than creativity in the Zombie genre is the joke they just killed with this cover.

I don't think Hal and Kyle have ever been -lite of each other beyond maybe a few base, non-character defining, characteristics.

Ah, the team-up arc...that was fun .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I saw this Jordan family tree on another site, what do you think?

Thanks. This is really interesting. It feels that Hal has so many stories thats just waiting to be told.

Astonishing Member

Is this Spectre Hal looking at his younger self?

I believe so. Wonder if this run is considered a must read for the character. Some seem to really like it, others don't seem to care that much for it but I don't really tend to see it being recommended that often.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I believe so. Wonder if this run is considered a must read for the character. Some seem to really like it, others don't seem to care that much for it but I don't really tend to see it being recommended that often.
    I highly recommend it!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's interesting, but the big problem is that it's very much about Hal in transition. If you're into Hal because he's a two-fisted cocksure jet jockey turned space cop, it's very much not that.

If you're intersted in seeing how a character like that struggles with his own failibility and guilt, in addition to larger questions of morality and DeMatties's usual cosmic philosophizing, then I'm sure it's great.

The art, however, is unimpeachably great.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I highly recommend it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's interesting, but the big problem is that it's very much about Hal in transition. If you're into Hal because he's a two-fisted cocksure jet jockey turned space cop, it's very much not that.

If you're intersted in seeing how a character like that struggles with his own failibility and guilt, in addition to larger questions of morality and DeMatties's usual cosmic philosophizing, then I'm sure it's great.

The art, however, is unimpeachably great.
    Good to know! From what I've seen, Hal taking care of his niece is a widely praised element of that run.