Page 176 of 202 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3027

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If Hal is going to be on Earth then I honestly would prefer someone like Tattooed Man or Hector getting attention than Black Hand.
    Or Tamaki could come up with new villains too. If it's an Earth-based setting, I'm not sure if she would choose to only stick to "Lantern's old losers" as Ollie put it in Rebirth after Black Hand broke into the Arrowcave and tried to steal the ring Hal left Ollie in case of emergencies. Dang, that was a good scene.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If Hal is going to be on Earth then I honestly would prefer someone like Tattooed Man or Hector getting attention than Black Hand.
    Oh what about some earth based Alien invasion? Though maybe that would be too much like Marvel's Secret Invasion?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I don't know about that, other people can be positive and just be worried / cautious. I just think having a good time is more important then anything else and anything else isn't really worth doing on my part. The only thing I can control as a comic fan is what I spend money on and if its not for something I like why bother?

Hence my little tag at the bottom that I took from Chew/Revival. "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh." I really do think those are words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Or Tamaki could come up with new villains too. If it's an Earth-based setting, I'm not sure if she would choose to only stick to "Lantern's old losers" as Ollie put it in Rebirth after Black Hand broke into the Arrowcave and tried to steal the ring Hal left Ollie in case of emergencies. Dang, that was a good scene.
    Oh I just thought of something even though its New Golden Age based. What if a new earth-based foil for Hal Jordan is the daughter of the new Golden Age Red Lantern? The one with the crimson flame.

It would relate back to Alan Scott who Hal has a history with and maybe play up the connections between the two, i.e modern day team up of Hal and Alan. It could also be interesting to see Hal have to tangle with a completely new type of Red Lantern. Sure she was born in the 50's but if Alan's Ring kept himself young for this long why not her.

Last edited by sifighter; 11-20-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

They're not losers to me .

Sure a lot of the GL Earth villains suck but it’s the job of a writer to revamp some of them into being cool alongside introducing new opponents. I mean Sinestro used to be a one note bad guy until Johns revamped him, no reason other Lantern villains couldn’t get the same treatment.

Oh I just thought of something even though its New Golden Age based. What if a new earth-based foil for Hal Jordan is the daughter of the new Golden Age Red Lantern? The one with the crimson flame.

It would relate back to Alan Scott who Hal has a history with and maybe play up the connections between the two, i.e modern day team up of Hal and Alan. It could also be interesting to see Hal have to tangle with a completely new type of Red Lantern. Sure she was born in the 50's but if Alan's Ring kept himself young for this long why not her.

Johns is keeping his OCs close I expect, don’t think she’ll appear outside his books until he’s done unless he ok’s it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're not losers to me .
    Isn't everyone a loser according to Oliver.

Remember when Black Hand was a joke villain before he became like one of the biggest villains of Johns' run?

All it takes is some love, care, and attention. Especially because we hardly ever see these guys.

Although I do want them to do a Manhunters story again. We haven't seem them as villains in years.
    Isn't everyone a loser according to Oliver.
    Except Dinah .

If Hal is going to be on earth again I imagine were going to encounter Hector Hammond at some point.

I know his vulnerability to yellow has been nullified, but I would really like to see the return of Goldface to pose a challenge.

and of course I want to see this big guy swimming around Coast City again.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I know his vulnerability to yellow has been nullified, but I would really like to see the return of Goldface to pose a challenge.
    Goldface is dead. Of course DC doesn't really care about continuity, so you never know. Maybe he and Javelin will team up and annoy Hal for a couple issues.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Goldface is dead. Of course DC doesn't really care about continuity, so you never know. Maybe he and Javelin will team up and annoy Hal for a couple issues.
    I hope so. Funny, I have no recollection of his death though I apparently read it. Last I remember he was a union organizer in the Flash...which was a long time ago. Well fingers crossed that he's still kicking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember when Black Hand was a joke villain before he became like one of the biggest villains of Johns' run?

All it takes is some love, care, and attention. Especially because we hardly ever see these guys.

Although I do want them to do a Manhunters story again. We haven't seem them as villains in years.
    Or imagine if they brought Malvolio back.

Or imagine if they brought Malvolio back.
    Whose Malvolio?
    Words to live by.

Whose Malvolio?
    Lord Malvolio, a villain created by Christopher Priest in the late 80s. He had his own ring and before Rebirth there was a fan speculation that Hal became Parallax because he might have been wearing Malvolio's ring.

Lord Malvolio, a villain created by Christopher Priest in the late 80s. He had his own ring and before Rebirth there was a fan speculation that Hal became Parallax because he might have been wearing Malvolio's ring.
    Huh that be interesting to explore of villains who make there own rings
    Words to live by.