Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202
Results 3,016 to 3,027 of 3027

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Funny enough I don't see a kid changing Hal all that much. He would just turn from the cool uncle to the cool dad.
    Hal's one of my favorite characters, but I have a hard time imaging him, y'know, *raising* a kid. Being a Cool Uncle is a great gig - you swoop in on occasion, impart coolness on your nieces/nephews, and swoop out again. And, of course, you're always available when beckoned.

But being a Cool Dad requires you to be present 24/7. I'm not sure that's in Hal's DNA. I mean, the man is practically wanderlust personified.

Of course, he could drag the kid all over Sector 2814 while he's patrolling/gallavanting. But that seems a little irresponsible.

Seems like he already started dragging the kid around everywhere, even had the Trinity babysit him. That guy really is the greatest Lantern. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems like he already started dragging the kid around everywhere, even had the Trinity babysit him. That guy really is the greatest Lantern. lol

You can tell it's from the New 52 because Superman's not wearing trunks .

Extraordinary Member

I can see Hal using Goku style parenting. Uncles Ollie & Guy babysitting on a date night writes itself.

I can see John being a Piccolo style mentor.

I can imagine Hal raising a kid... in space. Non-stop adventure on multiple planets as the best education. I'd think there'd be some initial conflict with Carol about it, (I can see a similar scenario to the end of "Peter Pan" when Wendy wakes to see Peter has taken her kid, but obviously less "child-abductory") but they'd reach some bargain where Martin has to at least finish 6th grade on earth, then they become a star-faring adventuring, galaxy-protecting family. (and the other earth GLs (and Kilowog) as the best aunts and uncles)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can imagine Hal raising a kid... in space. Non-stop adventure on multiple planets as the best education. I'd think there'd be some initial conflict with Carol about it, (I can see a similar scenario to the end of "Peter Pan" when Wendy wakes to see Peter has taken her kid, but obviously less "child-abductory") but they'd reach some bargain where Martin has to at least finish 6th grade on earth, then they become a star-faring adventuring, galaxy-protecting family. (and the other earth GLs (and Kilowog) as the best aunts and uncles)
    Yep, I can see that.

I can see Carol having some very understandable Chi-Chi moments.

There are a few parent-child GL legacies in the Corps.

Would be something new to see as well given that no human GLC member has had a kid yet, except for Alan obviously but he's an "honorary" member.

Astonishing Member

That sounds interesting.

Maybe have space adventures with Captain Comet or Space Ghost's children.

Happy New Year everyone. Wish you nothing but the best in 2023 and stay safe, happy and healthy.

Happy New Year everybody! To a better and brighter tomorrow .

Happy 2023! Getting in another post before this one gets locked!