Page 26 of 202 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah for those like myself who are too lazy to click on links, here's Hal in Dark Crisis.

Apparently, Hal's response to the death of the JLA is going to be "time to put on the white boots."

I kid, because otherwise I might scream.

No, I mean in the actual event. John "dies" in this "road to" one-shot.

Astonishing Member

Nah Hal wont die. Moving on.

I doubt he will die too, but given DC's track record with this character it can never really be outside of the realm of possibility, especially when they're clearly no longer invested in him in order to make sure he's better protected. Makes sense for some fans to still be paranoid about another "heel turn" or "permanent death".
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-09-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Fantastic Member

I suppose I can be, once bitten, twice shy. Especially given I got into comics as a kid just in time to have enough time to grow to really like Hal and the whole GL corps as a cool distinct idea... and then get hit with the Parallax stuff right away. So kind of a foundational experience. Along with most peers if they care about comics at all being of the 'best thing they ever did to the character.' variety.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    I suppose I can be, once bitten, twice shy. Especially given I got into comics as a kid just in time to have enough time to grow to really like Hal and the whole GL corps as a cool distinct idea... and then get hit with the Parallax stuff right away. So kind of a foundational experience. Along with most peers if they care about comics at all being of the 'best thing they ever did to the character.' variety.
    Guess that makes sense I started reading comics right when Rebirth happened and it was all about Hal Jordan being a big deal again.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, my relationship with cape comics is... awkward because of the whole "early moments was finding a thing I like having it broken in front of my face and then told repeatedly the thing I like was never good actually."

Considering Hal's familiarity with several members of the Dark Army (Eclipso, Nekron, The Spectre) he will either be very valuable fighting them or he'll be totally sidelined so that his experience with them won't matter. I think I know which way DC will go...

Hopefully, they'll manage to get his boots right in some of the frames...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-09-2022 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering Hal's familiarity with several members of the Dark Army (Eclipso, Nekron, The Spectre) he will either be very valuable fighting them or he'll be totally sidelined so that his experience with them won't matter. I think I know which way DC will go...

Hopefully, they'll manage to get his boots right in some of the frames...
    I mean not only that but considering the roster of the Justice League team that gets "killed off" Hal is technically the most senior hero of this event.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's weird when they just randomly bring back the white gloves.

Fantastic Member

When has he ever not had white gloves with his GL outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    When has he ever not had white gloves with his GL outfit?
    Fair point...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Hal gets killed here.
    I'm pretty sure this will be Hal's big Swan Song too

However, I don't expect it to last anymore than I expect the Superman or the Justice League to stay dead.

I just hope Hal gets a good death scene

Fantastic Member

Any reason you feel that way or just a gut thing?

To be honest I feel if they do put Hal down it'll be aiming for another long time dead. An attempt to cull the over abundance of Earth GL's by dropping the one they see as having the least possiblilty of adopting.

If there are no plans to use him prominently in outside media adaptations anymore and all signs point to that, they can indeed use any "event" as an excuse to give him the axe. I'm not certain if they will do that here as I said before, but Hal being the only JL founder to still be around does seem suspicious, even if it makes sense continuity-wise given that he was never part of the Rebirth JL line-up. Which pretty much says it all I guess. Williamson said a while back on the Word Balloon podcast that there were "plans" for Hal and I doubt those alleged plans are limited to him just being the sole OG Leaguer left to help guide the "kids" during another Crisis.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-10-2022 at 12:44 AM.