Page 28 of 202 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He never elaborated since he didn't want to spoil them. He was a guest on the Word Ballon show and was asked a fan question if there were plans for Hal down the line and his only answer was "Yes".
    The young naive me years ago would have been happy hearing a "Yes" answer.

I’ve got zero horse in the race (mostly I because I doubt anyone is getting killed, and if they are death is a joke in comics). I was replying to the suggestion that DC would kill “Guy, Simon and the rest,” just leaving Hal as the sole Earth GL. I don’t need to explain why that’s never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Nah Hal wont die. Moving on.
    People here are so morbid and morose lmao. Hal’s going to be at the center of a big event! This is what people have been asking for! Besides they already murdered the original League to establish the stakes, I think we can safely assume there won’t be any more slaughterfests.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

Anyone else nervous with what DC might have planed for Hal? DC has not treated him very well since the movie. Im worried that Hal is actually still Parallax or the convergence Parallax did something with our Hal, It just also seems strange that Hal is the only founding Member still alive in Justice League. Ahhh damn you DC
    Last edited by Dax; 02-10-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Anyone else nervous with what DC might have planed for Hal? DC has not treated him very well since the movie. Im worried that Hal is actually still Parallax or the convergence Parallax did something with our Hal, It just also seems strange that Hal is the only founding Member still alive in Justice League. Ahhh damn you DC
    Ya'll are really overthinking this. The reason Hal survived is because he wasn't part of the Justice League team that died. John was. Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Zatanna and Black Canary weren't founders either and are also among the supposedly "dead."

Lemme just clarify something: that Parallux Hal is a dropped plot point which will never be followed up on ever, just like Venditti’s Second War of Light that he teased.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People here are so morbid and morose lmao. Hal’s going to be at the center of a big event! This is what people have been asking for! Besides they already murdered the original League to establish the stakes, I think we can safely assume there won’t be any more slaughterfests.
    Everyone seems to forget about GL 50 when the Convergence Parallax came over to this universe and clashed with Hal, everything got weird after that, Hal made his own GL ring , Hal was able to keep up wi the new god Lightray, hal beat general zod, John Stewart went up against the Amazon army alone and Diana was adamant he would die. (Im thinking John is actually Hal) John is GLC leader he should be on Oa. There was other weirdness even in dark knights with hal and John and im pretty sure Diana noticed it. As things sit in green Lantern There are 2 rings that work, Jo has one that was given to her by a guardian and hal has the other, which he made
    Last edited by Dax; 02-10-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Everyone seems to forget about GL 50 when the Convergence Parallax came over to this universe and clashed with Hal, everything got weird after that, Hal made his own GL ring , Hal was able to keep up wi the new god Lightray, hal beat general zod, John Stewart went up against the Amazon army alone and Diana was adamant he would die. (Im thinking John is actually Hal) John is GLC leader he should be on Oa. There was other weirdness even in dark knights with hal and John and im pretty sure Diana noticed it. As things sit in green Lantern There are 2 rings that work, Jo has one that was given to her by a guardian and hal has the other, which he made
    This is a rather... interesting theory but I'm pretty sure he's not.

It makes no sense. If John is supposed to be on Oa then the fact that he wasn't really dead would be discovered rather quickly. They wouldn't be building a memorial statue to him in front of the Hall of Justice.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was thinking that you, and others, might be reading a bit too much into preview art, but then I remembered that Williamson is using pretty much everything that Morrison has ever used. So yeah, I could now see him trying to do something with Hal. Has he ever written Hal before?

Williamson really bugs me, on paper it looks he likes lots of characters/concepts that I like as well, but I just can't stand what he actually does with them. So I'm sure that I'm going to hate his take on Hal as well. Is it my inner fanboy screaming "I WOULD HAVE DONE IT DIFFERENTLY"? Or is there some merit behind this feeling? What do you think Bored? If I'm not mistaken you wrote something about changing your opinion on his recent work after latest JL Incarnate issue?
    Yeah, I thought Justice Incarnate's Darkseid was pretty much the lamest, least interesting incarnation of the character ever done, then the last issue pretty much up-ended all that to reveal that, yeah, this dude's a chump and that was the whole point. Which, I gotta admit, is a pretty ballsy move to pull off, even if it made my first read of Infinite Frontier and Justice Incarnate less exciting than I wanted because I was fooled by Williamson's pretty sneaky fakeout.

I haven't had time to re-read the previous issues yet, but I'm guessing that I'm going to like them a whole lot more now that I know what's really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, there's zero chance of that happening.
    Exactly. Alan, Guy, Baz & Jessica are all going to be the stars of the HBO Max show. They're all safe. Meanwhile, John & Hal are still waiting for the movie to get off the ground, so both of those guys can do the whole "dead" thing for a little while. They'll be back, of course, but they can be superhero dead for a few months or years and it won't matter.

Killing Hal off because there are too many Lanterns would be DC being tone-deaf beyond rhyme or reason. They were the ones who created all these new Lanterns the franchise could not hope to sustain. They would want to get rid of one of the few Lanterns they have who is an actual top tier character because there's too many others who share his power set? They would essentially be pandering to the stan twitter crowd. The same people who wanted Hal as far away from the Justice League as possible(and largely got their wish) were now asking why was Hal not part of the "dead" Leaguers since he's a founding member. lol This is the kind of people DC would like to pander to? I'm sure there can be a better outcome regardless of how "poisonous" Hal may be perceived to be.
    I don't think DC is pandering to anyone. I think they're just trying to tell a compelling story and superhero deaths, even with how temporary we all know they are, can still pack a punch when they're done right.

Thanks to Morrison & Sharpe, Hal Jordan's story has reached a climax. As a result, I think this would be a pretty good time to take him off the stage for a bit until someone smarter than me can come up with something cool to do with him.

Honestly, I'd much prefer that than Hal appearing regularly in uninteresting comics, which is the most likely outcome given the current talent pool of mainstream comics. This way, when Hal appears, it's an event.

However, I understand that others may feel differently. Comics fans love regularity. We want our weekly fix. And getting any Hal Jordan comics is better than going months or years without any. I, on the other hand, would rather wait those months or years if it means I get a great Hal Jordan story instead of one that's just content being produced to feed the monthly grind because there's a big enough audience for it.

He never elaborated since he didn't want to spoil them. He was a guest on the Word Balloon show and was asked a fan question if there were plans for Hal down the line and his only answer was "Yes".
    My guess is that those plans were Hal's role Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Since I'm, as far as I know, the only one pushing the idea that Hal will be the Barry/Kara of this Crisis, there's nothing morbid about my speculation. I'm excited about it. It means Hal could get a big juicy role in this story.