Page 29 of 202 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I thought Justice Incarnate's Darkseid was pretty much the lamest, least interesting incarnation of the character ever done, then the last issue pretty much up-ended all that to reveal that, yeah, this dude's a chump and that was the whole point. Which, I gotta admit, is a pretty ballsy move to pull off, even if it made my first read of Infinite Frontier and Justice Incarnate less exciting than I wanted because I was fooled by Williamson's pretty sneaky fakeout.

I haven't had time to re-read the previous issues yet, but I'm guessing that I'm going to like them a whole lot more now that I know what's really going on.
    Yeah, Darkseid being chump makes sense in that regard, but then, who are the characters that Darkseid took out? Super chumps? If I'm not mistaken he did take out some powerful characters during IF and JLI issues.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, Darkseid being chump makes sense in that regard, but then, who are the characters that Darkseid took out? Super chumps? If I'm not mistaken he did take out some powerful characters during IF and JLI issues.
    The guys "Ultimate" Darkseid took out were very much chumps, which is one of the reasons he came off as such weak sauce. I mean, him whupping Expy Thanos's ass was pretty lame, but, now that I understand what Williamson was actually doing, it's pretty funny. It's some little twerp puffing up his chest beating up on all the smaller bullies while the real threat is moving in the shadows

Didn't he take out Spectre, Phantom Stranger and some others in Infinite Frontier?

Didn't he take out Spectre, Phantom Stranger and some others in Infinite Frontier?
    It was Quintessence, a group made up of the Highfather of New Gods, Hera of the greek gods, Phantom Stranger, Spectre, The Wizard Shazam, and someone close to Hal, Ganthet

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yup, right after the entire Multiverse was reborn, which would have made it very easy for the Great Darkness to nerf them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ya'll are really overthinking this. The reason Hal survived is because he wasn't part of the Justice League team that died. John was. Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Zatanna and Black Canary weren't founders either and are also among the supposedly "dead."
    My guess is that those plans were Hal's role Dark Crisis.
    Hal being sidelined actually had a positive benefit for once .
    I don't think DC is pandering to anyone. I think they're just trying to tell a compelling story and superhero deaths, even with how temporary we all know they are, can still pack a punch when they're done right.

Thanks to Morrison & Sharpe, Hal Jordan's story has reached a climax. As a result, I think this would be a pretty good time to take him off the stage for a bit until someone smarter than me can come up with something cool to do with him.

Honestly, I'd much prefer that than Hal appearing regularly in uninteresting comics, which is the most likely outcome given the current talent pool of mainstream comics. This way, when Hal appears, it's an event.

However, I understand that others may feel differently. Comics fans love regularity. We want our weekly fix. And getting any Hal Jordan comics is better than going months or years without any. I, on the other hand, would rather wait those months or years if it means I get a great Hal Jordan story instead of one that's just content being produced to feed the monthly grind because there's a big enough audience for it.
    I don't really view Morrison's run as a "climax" of Hal's character, but I think for me I guess I'd find Hal depicted solidly in an "uninteresting" comic perfectly fine. But your mileage may vary.

Yup, right after the entire Multiverse was reborn, which would have made it very easy for the Great Darkness to nerf them all.
    Eh, if thats the explanation then we can explain everything away with "Great Darkness did it".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm not sure why, but Hal's base appearance reminded me of Kamen Rider Black RX.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm not sure why, but Hal's base appearance reminded me of Kamen Rider Black RX.
    Oh yeah, he's kind of got a Kotaro jacket look going on here.

I think that with someone like Hal we should be demanding for quality, but I can understand the sentiment when it comes to something like JSA. They have been gone for more than 10 years now and their fans are hungry.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, he's kind of got a Kotaro jacket look going on here.
    Give Hal some fingerless gloves.

I'm digging the 1980's vibe here.

All-New Member

If Hal survives this upcoming event DC really needs to get him a girlfriend, any ideas? I don’t really want to see Hal with Carol and Wonder Woman will NEVER happen.
    So my top 4 choices

Hawkgirl or the Thanagarian Hawk that was introduced a few issues back in Green Lantern

Soranik Natu? is Sinestros daughter so that could be interesting, she currently has a yellow ring.

Jessica cruise? Her and Hal hang out a lot in the cartoon http://https://youtu.be/8sTUTs42Ydw

Jo Mullen? Her and Hal currently have the only working rings
    Last edited by Dax; 02-11-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Haha, yeah I don't see them pairing Hal up with Jo like, at all. Or Jessica for that matter. Carol will most likely be where they go if they want to do another romance arc for Hal.

All-New Member

I almost forgot but in Morrison‘s Green Lantern Hal was with a vampire, only someone who is fearless would mate with a vampire. Then DC released DC vs vampires and Hal was a Vampire, i almost thought it was in current continuity.
    Attached Images Attached Images