Page 30 of 202 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Give Hal some fingerless gloves.

I'm digging the 1980's vibe here.
    I get an even earlier vibe, his look seems very James Dean inspired there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    If Hal survives this upcoming event DC really needs to get him a girlfriend, any ideas? I don’t really want to see Hal with Carol and Wonder Woman will NEVER happen.
    So my top 4 choices

Hawkgirl or the Thanagarian Hawk that was introduced a few issues back in Green Lantern

Soranik Natu? is Sinestros daughter so that could be interesting, she currently has a yellow ring.

Jessica cruise? Her and Hal hang out a lot in the cartoon http://https://youtu.be/8sTUTs42Ydw

Jo Mullen? Her and Hal currently have the only working rings
    Said this in the John Stewart page and it’s just as applicable here, Jo doesn’t work for two reasons

1. Jo is at least two decades younger then Hal. Jo has to be somewhere in her 20’s and if all of continuity is back for Hal he’s got to be at least in his 40’s or something.

2. Jo is bisexual, so Hal may not be her type.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What is this from?
    Sadly I have no idea. I've often seen Hal panels from this book but I never found out what the book is or who drew it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Said this in the John Stewart page and it’s just as applicable here, Jo doesn’t work for two reasons

1. Jo is at least two decades younger then Hal. Jo has to be somewhere in her 20’s and if all of continuity is back for Hal he’s got to be at least in his 40’s or something.

I was actually kind of wondering about the age dynamic, although it doesn't quite come off the page (probably because of how little anyone ages in comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was actually kind of wondering about the age dynamic, although it doesn't quite come off the page (probably because of how little anyone ages in comics).
    I mean I know from Far Sector that Jo is not that far out of high school before she joined army, went to college, then police and was fired/given her green lantern ring. So she’s got to be somewhere near her mid 20’s.

Hal is a little difficult to ascertain, he’s part of the original 7 and some of them have kids. Damian is 14/15 and Jon is without time shenanigans 12. Not to mention he was around when characters like Roy Harper and Dick Grayson were still sidekicks for the Leaguers. So assuming that Emerald Dawn is still canon and Hal was about in his 20’s when he got his ring, he’s had to be a superhero at this point nearing two decades or so.

Hal just may look younger then he is because of various shenanigans he’s been through, Parallax, Spectre, Rebirth, Becoming living willpower, Morrison Multiverse energy, and etc.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-12-2022 at 09:44 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Sadly I have no idea. I've often seen Hal panels from this book but I never found out what the book is or who drew it.
    Yeah. The artist style looks really familiar, but I can't just put my finger on it.

I mean I know from Far Sector that Jo is not that far out of high school before she joined army, went to college, then police and was fired/given her green lantern ring. So she’s got to be somewhere near her mid 20’s.

Hal is a little difficult to ascertain, he’s part of the original 7 and some of them have kids. Damian is 14/15 and Jon is without time shenanigans 12. Not to mention he was around when characters like Roy Harper and Dick Grayson were still sidekicks for the Leaguers. So assuming that Emerald Dawn is still canon and Hal was about in his 20’s when he got his ring, he’s had to be a superhero at this point nearing two decades or so.

Hal just may look younger then he is because of various shenanigans he’s been through, Parallax, Spectre, Rebirth, Becoming living willpower, Morrison Multiverse energy, and etc.
    Interestingly Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run dates the Hard Traveling Heroes period as at least a decade ago, so make of that what you will.

I think you and I may have different ideas of what bisexual means.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think you and I may have different ideas of what bisexual means.
    All I mean is that Hal just might be someone she’s not attracted to
    Words to live by.

Judging by GL Future State, Jo did not seem particularly impressed with Hal, or even in Justice League: Future State she made some sarcastic comment about him, so I was frankly surprised to see them getting along in the preview of the new GL issue and at the suggestions of them being a couple. Though as far as the age gap itself is concerned, FWIW Jo is clearly older than Jessica for instance, so if she's in her mid-20s then her dating a man about a decade or so older than her isn't something out of the ordinary. There are so many women that age dating guys in their late 30s or older, so I doubt Hal can be really seen as someone that's too old for her. Whether he's the kind of person she would want to have a relationship with is a different story, but I don't believe the age factor itself is an issue here, she's not Supergirl's age.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-12-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Judging by GL Future State, Jo did not seem particularly impressed with Hal, or even in Justice League: Future State she made some sarcastic comment about him, so I was frankly surprised to see them getting along in the preview of the new GL issue and at the suggestions of them being a couple. Though as far as the age gap itself is concerned, FWIW Jo is clearly older than Jessica for instance, so if she's in her mid-20s then her dating a man about a decade or so older than her isn't something out of the ordinary. There are so many women that age dating guys in their late 30s or older, so I doubt Hal can be really seen as someone that's too old for her. Whether he's the kind of person she would want to have a relationship with is a different story, but I don't believe the age factor itself is an issue here, she's not Supergirl's age.
    I think in relation to Future State Jo really didn't know any of the Earth GL's beyond reputation and Hal was, in that timeline things were worse and Hal was far later to the party so she could express her anger that he wasn't there when they needed him even though he tried to be there.

Which isn't the case now.

The JL: FS line was just playing on him being the most recognizable GL, and maybe the one Jo knew the best in the Future State continuity after whatever happened during their confrontation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Interestingly Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run dates the Hard Traveling Heroes period as at least a decade ago, so make of that what you will.

I had all the DCAU voice thesbians in my head for each character here.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

One of the rare times anyone other than Perry White has said that line.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What is this from?
    Legends of the DC Universe #7 I believe, pencils by Greg Land