Page 60 of 202 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I try not to overthink the ages too much .
    You are wise...

Characters in supehero comics should age at the speed of whatever the narrative requires.

By Philip Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    By Philip Tan.

This is awesome .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

By Philip Tan.

Oooooooo. The logo reversal really works.

Wish he drew more GL.

Fantastic Member

Yeah his stuff was good. Minor point seeing that reminded me, can never make up my mind if I prefer the ring that's just the symbol of the circle with the symbol in it. Certainly not a big deal, neither of them is bad or a super important detial.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clark ages slowly, so there's that.

I'm not if it's been consistent how much the Flashes age because of the Speed Force. It's what kept Jay active.
    Not up here, baby. Not up here.

Honestly, their ages are "nebulously adult, old enough to have it figured out but not too old" and that's all they're every going to be.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not up here, baby. Not up here.

Honestly, their ages are "nebulously adult, old enough to have it figured out but not too old" and that's all they're every going to be.
    True enough .

So without getting into specific details, it seems like the last issue of GL brought back Hal's outdated costume with the green portion covering his crotch. Naturally I'm hoping this isn't permanent, given the previews for Dark Crisis where Hal still has his post-GL Rebirth outfit, but by the end of the issue they show Jo restoring her original costume with the green shades while Hal stays with the onesie or whatever you want to call it. I've been on record before just how unappealing that looks to me, so I can only hope this won't be the case going forward. Other than that the issue itself wasn't bad and Hal was written well in it. But that costume, man, it's always fascinated me how it's literally the same outfit but when the green covers his crotch makes it look so awful.

Yeah, I can't imagine that they'll keep his silver age look. (or much of anything else introduced in this run) DC keeps wanting to reset the GLC but then has no idea what to do with it once it's reset. Then writers come along and basically just want to start with a clean slate and work with the GLC that they're familiar with, free of the baggage of whatever slight, superficial tweak was made in the previous run.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about the costumes, everyone was wearing the "standard issue" to signify the "factory reset" of their powers (rip cosmic grail powers). They could have showed Hal changing into his modern look but it was probably enough to just show Jo doing so.

So without getting into specific details, it seems like the last issue of GL brought back Hal's outdated costume with the green portion covering his crotch. Naturally I'm hoping this isn't permanent, given the previews for Dark Crisis where Hal still has his post-GL Rebirth outfit, but by the end of the issue they show Jo restoring her original costume with the green shades while Hal stays with the onesie or whatever you want to call it. I've been on record before just how unappealing that looks to me, so I can only hope this won't be the case going forward. Other than that the issue itself wasn't bad and Hal was written well in it. But that costume, man, it's always fascinated me how it's literally the same outfit but when the green covers his crotch makes it look so awful.
    If we already have a future comic with his better costume, then I don't think we need to be worried .

So as I understand Hal's connection to Cosmic Grail is gone now?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The covered crotch pairs well with grey temples.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The covered crotch pairs well with grey temples.
    Grey temples or no grey temples, I think that in 2022 superheroes should not have a green swimsuit cover their crotch area but that's just me.