Page 71 of 202 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3027
    Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Green Lantern perfection.
    My only nitpick is the angry style mask. I never like seeing it on any GL, it looks cool on Parallax but that's because he's a bad guy and should look menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, that was a Geoff-con. Batman never had a problem with Hal until he became Parallax. I don't think Ollie and Barry had a problem with each other pre-Johns either (outside of an isolated spat they had in Waid's Flash and GL: Brave and the Bold).
    I feel like that's probably where people latched onto Ollie and Barry not getting along.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    My only nitpick is the angry style mask. I never like seeing it on any GL, it looks cool on Parallax but that's because he's a bad guy and should look menacing.
    To be fair I didn't even noticed that until you mentioned it. I think I've seen the "angry mask" on a lot of Hal statues. Guess it just depends on how they feel like doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And yeah Helen is missed. The part where Hal tells her that everyone from himself to her to Harrison Ford to Mick Jagger is evil was just the best.
    She's in Morrison's Green Lantern annual along with the rest of Hal's still living extended family. She even mentions dreaming that she had adventures with Uncle Hal's ghost, referencing the Spectre series.

To be fair I didn't even noticed that until you mentioned it. I think I've seen the "angry mask" on a lot of Hal statues. Guess it just depends on how they feel like doing it.

I view it as more determined and serious...

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Holy Moley! Are these yours?

Holy Moley! Are these yours?
    I wish. My GL collection is far less impressive, and honestly as awesome as those statues are they are just ruthlessly expensive. Still, clearly there's an audience for it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-26-2022 at 03:06 PM.

By Doc Shaner.

Astonishing Member

It might be for those times that Hal is about to go Super Saiyan.

By Doc Shaner.

Happy Hal and Kilowog .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy Hal and Kilowog .
    And Guy, B'dg and non-Oan ghost Arisia. I doubt this is for a future GLC book or anything, but I really wish Shaner was more involved with GL.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-27-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Not to mention F-Sharp Bell.(next to Arisia) And somewhere Alan Moore is grumbling epithets under his beard...

And Guy, B'dg and non-Oan ghost Arisia. I doubt this is for a future GLC book or anything, but I really wish Shaner was more involved with GL.
    It would nice to see the GLC happy and stable for once.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, that was a Geoff-con. Batman never had a problem with Hal until he became Parallax. I don't think Ollie and Barry had a problem with each other pre-Johns either (outside of an isolated spat they had in Waid's Flash and GL: Brave and the Bold).
    One of my all time favorite covers.

Random Dark Crisis theory:
    -- Since all signs point towards the dead JL members being trapped in some fantasy world, my guess is that Hal will be leading the charge to find/rescue them while the 5G heroes fight the Big Bads. When they died, we see them turn to bones, then dust, which is similar to Flash's death in the original Crisis. But it's also reminiscent of something else - what happens when you travel to the anti-matter universe. It's not always depicted as such, but they used to present it as your body breaking down then being reassembled on the other side. And who has the most experience traversing to the anti-matter universe? (aside from Sinestro) Hal Jordan.

Here's a fairly recent example: