Page 88 of 202 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3027
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is anything really "inverted" in space?
    I just recently realized that in Star Wars, the ships fly in nice neat formations.

I did not know the series was ending with #12. Anyone know whats next after Dark Crisis?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I did not know the series was ending with #12. Anyone know whats next after Dark Crisis?
    Hal will be in Dark Crisis as a major protagonist, and afterwards I expect he will get his own series again, since John will be heading a new series titled John Stewart & the Emerald Knights, which would leave a slot open for a relaunch of Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hal will be in Dark Crisis as a major protagonist, and afterwards I expect he will get his own series again, since John will be heading a new series titled John Stewart & the Emerald Knights, which would leave a slot open for a relaunch of Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps
    Perfect. Thanks.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Perfect. Thanks.
    To be clear, we have no word on a new GL book as of yet. And there is no guarantee if we do it will have Hal in the lead. All guessing at this point.

I'm just hoping we actually get a GL book (especially if John's new series doesn't count for one reason or another).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If you were ever interested in Hal Jordan: The Movie, may I direct you to Top Gun: Maverick. It is a delight and includes an opening test pilot action sequence that could be straight out of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If you were ever interested in Hal Jordan: The Movie, may I direct you to Top Gun: Maverick. It is a delight and includes an opening test pilot action sequence that could be straight out of the comics.
    I am going to see it today. A ton of people have told me it was amazing.

I'm seeing it in a few hours. It's almost kind of sad that Hal fans are so hyped for it but obviously it's understandable. That's the best Hal Jordan-like content we'll likely ever get in a movie theater. You gotta take what you can get.

Speaking of, y'know Jennifer Connelly wouldn't be half-bad Carol...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of, y'know Jennifer Connelly wouldn't be half-bad Carol...
    Just came back from the movie and it's fantastic. People should absolutely go see it.

And yeah, that's basically who Jennifer Connelly's character was anyway. Penny and Maverick have been on and off for years, her being his conscience and not letting him off the hook easily, her daughter asking him not to break her mom's heart again, etc. That's exactly how I picture Carol and Hal years down the line if they never got hitched earlier on. She sort of moves on but not really, while Hal is still a daredevil test pilot and hotshot GL in his later years and his superiors, both on and off Earth, telling him the likes of him are on the brink of extinction. Middle-aged Hal sneaking out the window of Carol's bedroom so her teenage daughter won't catch them together is just textbook Hal Jordan. I was hoping some of the GL characters won't really come to mind when I see the movie, but how can they not. Great stuff overall.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-30-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Seen a bunch of people say Glen Powell would make a good Hal because of that movie lol. Top Gun’s success shows that kind of character is still plenty popular.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seen a bunch of people say Glen Powell would make a good Hal because of that movie lol. Top Gun’s success shows that kind of character is still plenty popular.
    I would be one of those people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Just came back from the movie and it's fantastic. People should absolutely go see it.

And yeah, that's basically who Jennifer Connelly's character was anyway. Penny and Maverick have been on and off for years, her being his conscience and not letting him off the hook easily, her daughter asking him not to break her mom's heart again, etc. That's exactly how I picture Carol and Hal years down the line if they never got hitched earlier on. She sort of moves on but not really, while Hal is still a daredevil test pilot and hotshot GL in his later years and his superiors, both on and off Earth, telling him the likes of him are on the brink of extinction. Middle-aged Hal sneaking out the window of Carol's bedroom so her teenage daughter won't catch them together is just textbook Hal Jordan. I was hoping some of the GL characters won't really come to mind when I see the movie, but how can they not. Great stuff overall.
    Glad to hear this. I am excited to see the movie.