Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm watching Marvel very closely these days with regard to where and how they are using Lorna, and where and how they aren't using her.

So far, they are trying typical tactics that have been successful in fandom disruption in the past, making very minor adjustments.

I will say this much. If the issue of mutant genocide becomes front and center for ANY character that has less stake in it than Lorna, and Marvel continues to act like Lorna isn't a survivor of the Genoshan genocide (as they have been doing for the past 15+ years), that will be the final straw for me. They have no excuse for ignoring it. They have been told of its importance repeatedly from a wide range of people for several years. Not acknowledging it back in the mid-2010s was more understandable from a place of ignorance, as Lorna had been exiled on a magic space bus for a few years and people had not been talking about it much at the time. That does not apply today. They've been given a chance to get up to speed. Not doing so today isn't a matter of not knowing enough. It's deliberate.

NYCC is this weekend. That provides them with a chance to provide reveals or make comments that indicate good plans or good intentions. Or they could do the opposite, and all that entails. It's their choice really.
    Last edited by salarta; 10-05-2022 at 09:51 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)