Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Wanda

https://i.postimg.cc/vZfVttZV/1-FE17...ABB99264-A.jpg

Not a bad cover though the backside could use the actual House of M on it even if on the back. No doubt it will sell like hotcakes which will make a lot at over 100 dollars a pop. I am slightly annoyed they left off Civil War House of M from that collection list as it was the best of the HoM trades.

Also popularity numbers for the family globally via google trends over the last five years.

Wanda in red, Pietro in yellow, Magneto in green, Lorna in blue.
    If Wanda is so popular, then why doesn't the comic division put her in some king of monthly series.

If Wanda is so popular, then why doesn't the comic division put her in some king of monthly series.
    I suspect all of us would like a second Marvel line of comics as they had with the Ultimate line focused on MCU synergy so that characters in the 616 aren't changed to follow the films or limboed until they get guidance on what their next step happens to be in the MCU. I think Wanda's next step is huge in the MCU and she will be the character used to tie the Avengers to the mutants/X-world. How they plan on doing it I don't think they have exactly sorted out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Huh. Funny how that works. Every time I see others talking almost everyone makes the Wanda, Pietro, Magneto connection but when people talk about Wanda I pretty much never see Lorna mentioned. But apparently that's not entirely true when WandaVision really had an impact on people searching for Lorna. I admit not being particularly knowledgeable about it but did Wanda and Lorna ever had significant interactions with each other? I feel Lornas connection with Magneto comes up more often than her connection with the others.

Also Doctor Strange 2 doing great is very good indeed. Wanda was front and center and it's important to remember that despite being in the MCU for quite some time this was actually Olsen first leading role in a big budget MCU movie and she was killing it(Im not sorry for that pun).
    Wanda and Lorna haven't had an interesting storyline together. They were just learning they were related in the early 2000s on Genosha and after and in the lead up to House of M. House of M was an interesting story, but Lorna didn't have a real role in the main story involving Wanda. After Decimation Lorna didn't interact with Wanda again period for the next nine years in the comics until she came calling in All New Factor #14 and they spent a day at the Rennaissance Fair in a fun, but not very deep issue.

Then came Axis and Lorna didn't think about Wanda once until Trial came along. I was hoping to see them struggle in some fashion to overcome their pasts, but that isn't what we ended up with.

A relationship without conflict is easily forgettable, a relationship with too much forced conflict is bad. The sweet spot is a relationship where any conflict is built into their views and histories otherwise its chaos and not the reality warping Tetris block kind.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-23-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    That's what popularity for the wrong reasons get her into.
    Some of her perceived popularity come from her value as a plot device.

Marvel should put Wanda and Lorna in a title together and see how they get along as sisters.

The twins have been straddling the line of what can and can't be included in various movie universes for so long that stymied a lot of character progression for them. At least in terms of their House of M ties. Pietro had to be killed at the end of the second Avengers because of contract complications. The twins were revealed not to be Magneto's children and then pulled back into his orbit because of the shifting ownership of 20th Century Fox. Not only has this left the heavy lifting of the dramatic story of being Magneto's child up almost solely to Lorna, but it's stopped them from being able to explore that relationship because they were unsure of how they even wanted the characters pasts to look. Now that these issues seem to have been resolved, hopefully we can get some real development with them as a makeshift family.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Huh. Funny how that works. Every time I see others talking almost everyone makes the Wanda, Pietro, Magneto connection but when people talk about Wanda I pretty much never see Lorna mentioned. But apparently that's not entirely true when WandaVision really had an impact on people searching for Lorna. I admit not being particularly knowledgeable about it but did Wanda and Lorna ever had significant interactions with each other? I feel Lornas connection with Magneto comes up more often than her connection with the others.
    jmc went into the 616, but the real meat of how interest has grown lies outside 616.

My own introduction to Lorna and Wanda as sisters was Jeff Parker's Exiles in 2009. In that book, the core team had Lorna and Wanda from different universes on the same team and considering each other to be sisters. The run was very short-lived (a victim of the Disney buyout) but in that short time, that Exiles team visited a House of M universe where that universe's Lorna and Wanda actually were sisters (and spoiled princesses).

Around this same time, we also had the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon which lasted for only 1 season but had Lorna and Wanda as sisters on Genosha. There was also a story arc on Fantastic Force where AU versions of Lorna, Wanda and Jean were an evil trio called the Hysteries.

Aside from these things, there's just a lot of fan interest that's built over the past decade in the two interacting as sisters, especially within the House of M concept. I say concept broadly here. I'm including fanon where Magneto's children are actual kids and similar content.

Lorna and Wanda vibe very well on multiple levels. They've got Magneto history, they have colors that pair well, they have past trauma, they were both on Genosha, etc. Marvel is also severely lacking in sister-sister relationship representation. Marvel's primary relationship types are brother-brother and father-son, very male-centric. If a relationship involves a woman, Marvel's types are typically father-daughter, brother-sister, husband-wife, boyfriend-girlfriend, or (male) mentor-(female) sidekick. Fandom has found in Lorna and Wanda something they want but aren't getting from Marvel: a pair of sisters who can have a lot of cool dynamics together.

The comics are always out of sync with what people want. I used to say they're perpetually 3-4 years behind the times, but I've recently realized the lag time is even longer. When Lorna broke out on Gifted through Emma Dumont, their approach was to use Lorna as a supporting character for Havok and Magneto on a single book. It's gonna be a while before the comics catch up to what they should be doing with Wanda right now.

Marvel should put Wanda and Lorna in a title together and see how they get along as sisters.
    I'd love to see this, assuming it was done well for both characters. I feel that's an important qualifier because Marvel too often royally screws over one character to benefit another when they write things. They need to have a concept of balance.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Last edited by juan678; 05-23-2022 at 11:48 AM.

jmc went into the 616, but the real meat of how interest has grown lies outside 616.
    Yes, their popularity is not based on the the mess they have made their family in the regular 616 comic universe though spite, nostalgia, synergy, and intercede publishing turf issues. And, yet they are popular based on their potential from other mediums.

Defenders UK variant by Alan Green

Anyway.

Wanda and Mags

By BossLogic
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-28-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Was browsing on my phone today, through my images and noticed these 3. Was near the bottom of images so they may have been shared here before though I don't think 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678
    Nakayama is quite good. We don't know yet what role if any Wanda will have in Judgment Day or what role Lorna might have for that matter. Magneto will be in it though we don't know alot about his role.

Polling question: What is your favorite/preferred home base for the House of M?

Krakoan House of M

Asteroid M

Last edited by jmc247; 05-29-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Genosha