Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The more interesting comments are about telling Marvel to stop obsessing over HoM in Wanda's comic recommendatiom when it's barely about her.

Elizabeth Olsen answers which Magneto she wants to be Wanda's father.

Ian McKellen weighs in.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-10-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The more interesting comments are about telling Marvel to stop obsessing over HoM in Wanda's comic recommendatiom when it's barely about her.
    Yeah, I forund her stories with Ultron and Agatha Harkness to be more interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Elizabeth Olsen answers which Magneto she wants to be Wanda's father.

Ian McKellen weighs in.

I want Ian McKellen as Wanda's dad, only if he is playing Gandalf though.

ET: With that said, I think a lot of people were going into this, especially after WandaVision, looking for a conclusion to the House of M saga that a lot of people applied to what was happening with Wanda. Did you guys discuss that at all? You know, the whole “no more mutants” moment and how or if that was going to actually be featured here and what that would mean for the X-Men in the MCU?

Michael Waldron: Yeah, we talked about House of M, and there’s plenty of examples of Wanda doing bad things throughout the comics in an effort to get her kids back. But ultimately this story didn’t need mutants to be powerful, I guess was our feeling. And, you know, wherever that lies on the timeline for the MCU, it didn’t feel like this was the right place to introduce it -- because then it suddenly would have just been about mutants. And this is really a story about Wanda and her grief and her descent into darkness in this movie.

https://www.etonline.co m/doctor-strange-writer-on-the-sequels-cameos-and-why-they-didnt-want-to-introduce-mutants-exclusive
    The writer of Multiverse of Madness talks to ET online.

The same thing that happened during Wandavision is happening again across all of social media since Multiverse of Madness aired. There is one big difference I have noticed this time around from then and that is the House of M increasingly is used to refer to various members of the family so people aren't simply using it as a phrase to talk about the comic event.

Anyway art.

The Royal Family by Devante.Mosby.56
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2022 at 01:50 PM.

New pic Days Future Past and Apocalypse by Simon Kingberg Instagram Histories

Multiverse of Madness Gave Scarlet Witch the Story She Can Never Escape From

The debate about Wanda's actions in Multiverse of Madness continues.

fred.ian: Upper Deck Official Announcement:

Marvel Unbound is Returning to Upper Deck e-Pack® for a Second Year!

Upper Deck is excited to announce that the fan-favorite weekly product, Marvel Unbound, will be returning to Upper Deck e-Pack® for a second year!

Collectors will once again get the opportunity to chase their favorite Marvel characters week in and week out with cards that feature original artwork from the esteemed artist, Fred.Ian. Fans will notice that Marvel Unbound Year 2 will present a slightly different product structure than in the past. Stay tuned for a future announcement covering more details!

Please Note: There will be a brief pause between Marvel Unbound Year 1 and Year 2. Follow along to the news page to see all the latest updates regarding Marvel Unbound!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdfYi0OMrjU/
    Fred Ian is a pretty good artist.

I do agree that MoM wasn't the place to bring in House of M and No More Mutants just yet. Though I wish it had managed to inch toward the Magnus family, ideally with Lorna coming into it.

In the comics, both the mutant concept and Wanda as a character had been established for decades. An awareness of each was built up prior to HoM, and that awareness is what resulted in HoM being so impactful. Decimation wouldn't have been as powerful in a narrative sense if it was an X-Men villain or a brand new character. Who Wanda is and was served as key elements to how memorable the story is.

The MCU is honestly just starting on Wanda, and it's only lightly teased regarding mutants. I think a lot of new fans digging into House of M is precisely for this reason. They're wanting to understand these things that haven't been developed enough to happen in the MCU yet, and they don't want to wait for however long it takes for the MCU to get there.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I do agree that MoM wasn't the place to bring in House of M and No More Mutants just yet. Though I wish it had managed to inch toward the Magnus family, ideally with Lorna coming into it.

In the comics, both the mutant concept and Wanda as a character had been established for decades. An awareness of each was built up prior to HoM, and that awareness is what resulted in HoM being so impactful. Decimation wouldn't have been as powerful in a narrative sense if it was an X-Men villain or a brand new character. Who Wanda is and was served as key elements to how memorable the story is.

The MCU is honestly just starting on Wanda, and it's only lightly teased regarding mutants. I think a lot of new fans digging into House of M is precisely for this reason. They're wanting to understand these things that haven't been developed enough to happen in the MCU yet, and they don't want to wait for however long it takes for the MCU to get there.
    It wouldn't have been hard to have Lorna and/or one of the two Magneto's appear for a brief scene sure. They could have added in a plug a number of other ways too. Though this was planned and scripted at around the same time as Wandavision so before House of M's popularity exploded among the endless numbers of ordinary Joe and Jane MCU fans. I do agree with your take on why we have been seeing a massive surge in interest in House of M readership.

Anyway new art.

By Dave Doettl

At MoM
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-13-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda started out a mutant only. She then became a mutant/witch hybrid. Post-Axis, she is only a witch. She has had four different sets of parents:
    1. Django and Marya Maximoff
    2. The Whizzer and Miss America
    3. Magneto and Magda
    4. Natalya Maximoff and an unknown father

I believe we will go back to the mutant/witch hybrid. Magneto will be her father again, and Natalya Maximoff will be her mother. Natalya will be someone Magneto fell in love with years after Magda abandoned him because she resembled Magda.
    Though Natalya said their father killed her so just back into them hating Magneto. I would go with an OC character and on the twins mission to find him and get answers have Magneto along with many others who are close in their lives. Have Magneto not doing because he thought they were his children but because he did wrong them in the past and wants to move forward if they let him. Wanda is ok but Pietro is at first against this, but talks from both Wanda, Luna, and Emily makes him realize people deserve a second chance to prove themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Though Natalya said their father killed her so just back into them hating Magneto. I would go with an OC character and on the twins mission to find him and get answers have Magneto along with many others who are close in their lives. Have Magneto not doing because he thought they were his children but because he did wrong them in the past and wants to move forward if they let him. Wanda is ok but Pietro is at first against this, but talks from both Wanda, Luna, and Emily makes him realize people deserve a second chance to prove themselves.
    I don't think I'd want Magneto to be the murderer of Natalya. That puts blood on his hands in a retcon and isn't very fair. I'd rather it be a new character or have Chthon posing as their father. So Natalya thought it was the father but it wasn't.

I'd honestly rather they be full blood Romani because this half Romani stuff where they were born at, especially in the era they were born in was rare to impossible.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Comic Wanda's blood parentage situation is in limbo until the MCU plays its cards. The MCU I am 100% sure will tie her to Magneto in some way, but there is a significant variation in options.

1. Wanda transports to some other universe with Magneto and is basically adopted into his family. A status quo most like the current comic book one, but on some level less realistic as Wanda was saved by 616 Mags when she was a teen.

2. Some High Evolutionary hijinks led to the strange circumstances behind their birth, but the genetic father is Magneto perhaps even by test tube. We are seeing the High Evolutionary alot lately and was connected to her birth even in the MoM kids promotional stuff.

3. Magneto and Wanda's mom had a child the old fashioned way and the truth is still obscure.

The set up and explanation would be rather easy for a 616 Wanda in another universe given the multiverse if often similar. I would wager they need at least one season of a show and movie to sort out the logistics and build the basis of any kind of emotional attachment for the audience for later.

As far as the MCU is concerned Wanda is a human witch right now. That might or might not change. Now that I think about it HoM Wanda was human as far as the House of M world was concerned. As for what her family thought about it that is a complicated issue.

I might review the major House of M and closely allied players and their backgrounds in that universe.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-13-2022 at 08:49 PM.