Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Wandas association with the Avengers was always shaky to begin with. She only joined up because she had nowhere else to go. Especially after Pietros death and not because of altruistic reasons or a want to play a hero. And even while she was in it we saw that she only harbored relationships with very few of them. Vision, Clint and Steve to an extent. Can't remember her and Tony even talking with each other which would make sense. That kind of resentment doesn't suddenly disappear and Civil War was the final nail in the coffin if anything.

So I can certainly see her not being involved with the Avengers anymore which is not really a bad thing. I mean Strange never was an Avenger to begin with and other members like Thor have also left.

Now if that road leads to the X-Men is still a big question mark though. Everything about the MCU X-Men is still pure speculation at this point.

When it comes to Wanda it's not hard to also imagine a more independent path. Since Secret Wars is being teased a connection with Doom could also be a way.
    Wanda was associated with The Avengers for decades
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Wanda was associated with The Avengers for decades
    We were talking about the MCU

Extraordinary Member

Even in MCU it's better for her to just continue on her mystical path.
    Seriously I am mad at MoM for regressing her character progression.
    Why would I want her to be completely repurposed so she can join X-franchise, feels like a bloody waste of time for her more trivial connecitons.

Sure people are excited by her connection with mutants, but it has more to do with her ability to bring them in, it's about her being a plot device than an actual character, so more reasons for me to reject that direction for her.
    For me she should just stay away from more crossovers in general but finish her own self-contained stories. They already like to isolate her and strip her of the actually meaningful relationships I have, I would rather not less important relationships take those void. Just leave her be and send her off with some respect I hope. Get her things done and peace out, it's that simple.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-15-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Even in MCU it's better for her to just continue on her mystical path.
    Seriously I am mad at MoM for regressing her character progression.
    Why would I want her to be completely repurposed so she can join X-franchise, feels like a bloody waste of time for her more trivial connecitons.

Sure people are excited by her connection with mutants, but it has more to do with her ability to bring them in, it's about her being a plot device than an actual character, so more reasons for me to reject that direction for her.
    For me she should just stay away from more crossovers in general but finish her own self-contained stories. They already like to isolate her and strip her of the actually meaningful relationships I have, I would rather not less important relationships take those void. Just leave her be and send her off with some respect I hope. Get her things done and peace out, it's that simple.
    I don’t see it as a regression as more of continuity after WandaVision. It was hinted at the end, though poorly, that something nefarious was going on with her and the Darkhold. MoM is just showing how far into the dark the Darkhold drew her into. I personally knew Wanda was going to outshine Strange in his own movie and that they where going to have her as an antagonist cause they seesawed her character as being good, but not completely against committing horrible acts.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I don’t see it as a regression as more of continuity after WandaVision. It was hinted at the end, though poorly, that something nefarious was going on with her and the Darkhold. MoM is just showing how far into the dark the Darkhold drew her into. I personally knew Wanda was going to outshine Strange in his own movie and that they where going to have her as an antagonist cause they seesawed her character as being good, but not completely against committing horrible acts.
    No it was not hinted at that she'd try to kidnap someone else's kids. Nor go on some killing spree. Wanda did not kill anyone in her show. And the Darkhold wasn't always something that caused someone to be corrupted. So that could go either way.

Outshining Strange in his solo is one of the problems because they reduce Wanda down to feats, don't progress magic any. Don't even go into exploring Chthon. It's just all bs being done because. Strange has to wait until his third movie to get any sort of progression. When they could have given Wanda a solo or a second season. It's not a win for Wanda fans that Wanda is boiled down to such a one note villain based on one of the most sexist stories told about her just for kicks. Meanwhile she gets nothing of her own. It's all in Strange's movie. And doesn't really progress her either. Because she learns some of the same lessons she learned in WV. She's even told by another character (herself this time) that they'd do the same. Then realizes what all she's done at the end. It's just more violent in the middle. When it doesn't make sense, because she could have just run off to some remote location and recreated her family. She's not even concerned about her whole family, just her babies she spent 6 days with.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Wandas association with the Avengers was always shaky to begin with. She only joined up because she had nowhere else to go. Especially after Pietros death and not because of altruistic reasons or a want to play a hero. And even while she was in it we saw that she only harbored relationships with very few of them. Vision, Clint and Steve to an extent. Can't remember her and Tony even talking with each other which would make sense. That kind of resentment doesn't suddenly disappear and Civil War was the final nail in the coffin if anything.

So I can certainly see her not being involved with the Avengers anymore which is not really a bad thing. I mean Strange never was an Avenger to begin with and other members like Thor have also left.

Now if that road leads to the X-Men is still a big question mark though. Everything about the MCU X-Men is still pure speculation at this point.

When it comes to Wanda it's not hard to also imagine a more independent path. Since Secret Wars is being teased a connection with Doom could also be a way.
    She joined because Hawkeye gave her a pep talk.

Feige said no more Avengers movies for a whle.

I think next is Secret Wars too because the F4 are expected by the end of the Phase. And I think all of this will involve Reed, Doom and Kang. Probably Wanda, Strange and Spidey will play the role in trying to help stop the incursions that their actions caused to begin.

One scene that got axed involved Evan Peters' Ralph Bohner, Darcy, Monica, Tommy, and Billy meeting up in Agatha's basement to potentially try stealing the Darkhold. Their attempt would be foiled by Señor Scratchy, the mysterious bunny from early in the show, who would transform into a demon from which the group had to escape from.

Artist Chris Nichols posted some new concept art from WandaVision on his Art Station page, where fans can see a look at one of the many deleted scenes of the series.

https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...ed-scene-photo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In terms of Jean all they really need to do is focus on her as Xavier’s first great female acolyte instead of trying to make the cosmic bird work for a third time.

With Wanda what they need to do is build a connection with her and Magneto and his family and there are all sorts of ways to do that which I listed. Wanda would work best presenting the more human prospective her family which actually was what happened in the House of M.

For Lorna the character and her fans stand to lose a lot perhaps even everything from Wanda being factored in as it would be very easy to just say she isn’t needed or to go with some really shitty hand me down dynamics. Certainly Williams in Trial of Magneto among other places absolutely trashed Lorna and Magneto’s previous relationship in service of building up Wanda and Magneto.

Having her stand for the more radical mutant prospective and for Magneto himself to be somewhat in the middle is a winning proposition I feel. A too reformist Magneto which X-Men TAS and even the Fox X-Films got into is a big problem though.

Magneto has to be the leader of his own faction or AWOL with his kids running the ship or else there isn’t a faction and it’s Wanda, Lorna, and Jean all on the X-Men and that doesn’t work.
    I think Jean might end up in a Disney + series first. Dr. Strange 2 has made over 700 million at the box office.

Would Feige replace Jean with Wanda in the first MCU movie? You bet he would. In fact Liz Olsen is already talking about being in X-Men movie. So the MCU would have her as a mutant/witch hybrid, to justify her being in the XMen she’d have to be a mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She joined because Hawkeye gave her a pep talk.

Feige said no more Avengers movies for a whle.

I think next is Secret Wars too because the F4 are expected by the end of the Phase. And I think all of this will involve Reed, Doom and Kang. Probably Wanda, Strange and Spidey will play the role in trying to help stop the incursions that their actions caused to begin.
    Yes. The incursions led to a multiversal reset and the merger between the Ultimate universe and 616. They may do something similar here to officially bring in mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Popular for the wrong reasons is the worst type of popular, I have no interest in seeing Wanda amnesiac, moping around, etc.
    Nor am I interested in X-franchise where she simply doesn't belong and waste others' time without even getting much benefit herself.

This is exactly what happened in MoM, she crash-landed her own character while delaying Stephen Strange's progression.
    I am pretty territorial and I was always against pointless cameos in DS2, as well as Wanda getting too big of a role to overshadow Stephen.

Why would I ever want Wanda to replace Jean? It's not fair for Jean and I have no interest in seeing Wanda getting Jean's stories/position what so ever.
    Yea, you can talk from the perspective of an executive but all that just sound like you want to milk the character to death without thinking about actually giving her a satisfying story arc.
    Don't make her a waste of resources for others and herself really.
    I’m not the executive in charge of her. Feige is. Dr. Strange 2 already brought in 700 million globally. It was a huge success for Marvel.

Meaning it’s quite clear he is going to include the Scarlet Witch in the upcoming X-Men film, as Liz Olsen is already talking about it.

Now I’m not telling anyone to like this or anything else. I personally enjoyed MoM. Some people here hated it. To each his own.

BANNED

If Wanda does appear in a film that you don’t want her to be in, you don’t have to watch it. I will watch her wherever she appears next, Secret Wars, X-Men, or wherever and I will enjoy it just as I enjoyed MoM.

Re: WandaVision certainly implied Agatha would be corrupted by the Darkhold. Not only that, there a lot of articles saying Wanda was going to be the villain in this film. I mean there was almost no way to miss what would happen. Those leaks were pretty accurate, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If Wanda does appear in a film that you don’t want her to be in, you don’t have to watch it. I will watch her wherever she appears next, Secret Wars, X-Men, or wherever and I will enjoy it just as I enjoyed MoM.

Re: WandaVision certainly implied Agatha would be corrupted by the Darkhold. Not only that, there a lot of articles saying Wanda was going to be the villain in this film. I mean there was almost no way to miss what would happen. Those leaks were pretty accurate, for the most part.
    I think after a couple disappointing fan servicey things that just ended up being slight of hand, I don't think anyone should get their hopes up too much with fan wishes. They'd probably introduce all the X-Men, but they aren't the main universe X-Men, Wanda snaps all their necks and then retires.

I know it's unlikely, and it breaks my heart to say this (I mean, just look at my avatar. I'm obviously a fan), but I think Wanda needs a beak. MOM left such a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm hearing similar things from a lot of people. I know people in this thread have described it as a character regression. I see it more as a character assassination. Wanda wouldn't kill innocent people over and over again like they weren't real. She wouldn't take someone's bodily autonomy away from them over and over again, and she wouldn't attempt to kidnap that same person's children. Or, if she would, that's not the character as I understand her and it's certainly not a character I have any interest in rooting for, regardless of how much trauma she might have been through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think after a couple disappointing fan servicey things that just ended up being slight of hand, I don't think anyone should get their hopes up too much with fan wishes. They'd probably introduce all the X-Men, but they aren't the main universe X-Men, Wanda snaps all their necks and then retires.
    I doubt it will happen, I will get my hopes up. There is no need to worry about me or how I react to things.

I have loved everything the MCU has done with Wanda.

I tend to check the leaks to know if I’m even going to see a film, so I already knew what Wanda would do in this film.

So whenever she appears in X-Men film, I’ll check those leaks too, like I do always. It’s too early for their to be leaks, but Liz Olsen and Feige are talking.

And I’m not responsible for the unhappiness of anyone here. I like the overall direction of MCU and really of Marvel itself. I’m not the cause of anyone not likely anything.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 05-16-2022 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And I’m not responsible for the unhappiness of anyone here. I like the overall direction of MCU and really of Marvel itself. I’m not the cause of anyone not likely anything.
    I never said this, but people were hopeful for Pietro being back and it wasn't really him. People were hopeful about Xavier and he was killed off. It seems like they are having fun trolling fans.