Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

To me, this is the problem so comic books fans have. The MCU has gone mainstream, and if we’re really honest Feige does not give a crap about old school comic fans when pretty much any MCU movie makes over one billion at the box office. MCU fans would love the Scarlet Witch in an X-Men movie.

Feige does not care about old school comic book fans because there are too few of us to affect the MCU’s bottom line. Why would he? He’s an executive, not some dude hanging out at the comic book store. He will continue to make billions because he gets A lost screenwriters, directors, and actors in his films. Some people went to see Dr. Arrange 2 because they are fans of Raimi, and Feige knows this. Ditto for other movies, some people go see them because they are fans of the actors like Robert Downey, Jr, Scarlet Johansson, Elizabeth Olsen, etc.

These are important reasons on why these movies make so much money.

None of this means a comic book fan has to like any of these movies. Hate away if that’s how you feel. We all have the rights to our opinions.

But Feige doesn’t care about the ipnuoms of random people. I accept that and I’m happy because it’s my choice to purchase tickets to the films I want to see. I love the MCU overall, so that’s why I go see the films. What other people do is on them and not up to me or under my control.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    As someone who was a fan of Wanda back to the early 90s I understand your grief, but I knew it was a blessing and a curse when the MCU picked her up with the divided studio issue going on.

They didn't answer how they are going to deal with the relations to Magneto and the rest in this film and could be going through revisions now. I actually do think the next film she is in will settle at least the question of if or how they will tie Wanda to Magneto and mutants which I believe is what has been tripping up her ability to move forward. They might have come close to doing some of it with this film in the cut scenes we don't know. I do think they will tie her to mutants, but exactly how is not a given.

That said a nucleus of a 616 House of M exists now. We just don't know where they live or any particulars and hopefully the gala will sort some of that out.

Anyway alot of new good Wanda art some of it House of M related and some of it horror related.

Link
    That is quite striking.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    To me, this is the problem so comic books fans have. The MCU has gone mainstream, and if we’re really honest Feige does not give a crap about old school comic fans when pretty much any MCU movie makes over one billion at the box office. MCU fans would love the Scarlet Witch in an X-Men movie.

Feige does not care about old school comic book fans because there are too few of us to affect the MCU’s bottom line. Why would he? He’s an executive, not some dude hanging out at the comic book store. He will continue to make billions because he gets A lost screenwriters, directors, and actors in his films. Some people went to see Dr. Arrange 2 because they are fans of Raimi, and Feige knows this. Ditto for other movies, some people go see them because they are fans of the actors like Robert Downey, Jr, Scarlet Johansson, Elizabeth Olsen, etc.

These are important reasons on why these movies make so much money.

None of this means a comic book fan has to like any of these movies. Hate away if that’s how you feel. We all have the rights to our opinions.

But Feige doesn’t care about the ipnuoms of random people. I accept that and I’m happy because it’s my choice to purchase tickets to the films I want to see. I love the MCU overall, so that’s why I go see the films. What other people do is on them and not up to me or under my control.
    We'll see what Feige does, but the MCU is partially why they changed Wanda's origin. And they had the opportunity to go into that in WV and didn't. And they've said there is no season 2 nor a solo lined up for her.

They were gonna have Magneto in ITMoM but he was gonna be alt universe and they cut that. It's always possible that a Wanda is Mags daughter (like Foxverse and Noir).
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We'll see what Feige does, but the MCU is partially why they changed Wanda's origin. And they had the opportunity to go into that in WV and didn't. And they've said there is no season 2 nor a solo lined up for her.

They were gonna have Magneto in ITMoM but he was gonna be alt universe and they cut that. It's always possible that a Wanda is Mags daughter (like Foxverse and Noir).
    True. I’m wondering if they will even use the Wanda we know going forward. Because she became Lore, mass murderer and kidnapping.

That’s why I think the incursions are key. And Wanda could have killed Fassbender’s Magneto because it would affect things if you’re going to do a multiversal reset.

I think Marvel can’t say there were mutants all along because where they, but we see there are mutants and inhumans on 838. Maybe they will destroy 616 and reset it or perhaps another universe will become the main reality in some sort of multiversal reset. Or maybe 838 merges with 616.

Not just Foxverse, it was possible a Magneto is 838 Wanda’s father as mutants exist on that world.

True. I’m wondering if they will even use the Wanda we know going forward. Because she became Lore, mass murderer and kidnapping.

That’s why I think the incursions are key. And Wanda could have killed Fassbender’s Magneto because it would affect things if you’re going to do a multiversal reset.

I think Marvel can’t say there were mutants all along because where they, but we see there are mutants and inhumans on 838. Maybe they will destroy 616 and reset it or perhaps another universe will become the main reality in some sort of multiversal reset. Or maybe 838 merges with 616.

Not just Foxverse, it was possible a Magneto is 838 Wanda’s father as mutants exist on that world.
    At this point I have no idea what they'll do other than Secret Wars. And Liz said she's taking a bit of a break. She might appear in Agatha in a year or two. We have to wait and see.

BANNED

At this point I have no idea what they'll do other than Secret Wars. And Liz said she's taking a bit of a break. She might appear in Agatha in a year or two. We have to wait and see.
    We do. They haven’t announced Phase 5 projects outside of Deadpool. Other mutant projects see early in development, new i g at the script writing stage snd they are not ready to release true details to the public. We will get news though, perhaps later this year or next.

We do. They haven’t announced Phase 5 projects outside of Deadpool. Other mutant projects see early in development, new i g at the script writing stage snd they are not ready to release true details to the public. We will get news though, perhaps later this year or next.
    No that's not having an idea of what they'll do. That's speculation based on the slots open. We still have to wait for them to announce things to have any idea what those things are.

BANNED

No that's not having an idea of what they'll do. That's speculation based on the slots open. We still have to wait for them to announce things to have any idea what those things are.
    We can have ideas now. They just may turn out to be false. We won’t know for sure until they make official announcements.

We can have ideas now. They just may turn out to be false. We won’t know for sure until they make official announcements.
    Sure you can have ideas, but that isn't the same of knowing what they'll do. What actually will happen. We have to wait and see.

BANNED

Sure you can have ideas, but that isn't the same of knowing what they'll do. What actually will happen. We have to wait and see.
    I know that. That doesn’t mean we can’t say what we think will happen. Any of us could be right or could be wrong. Keep that in mind, these types of discussions are fun so long as everyone admits nobody really knows until details are released, whenever that it is.

We don’t know yet where was the cut Magneto scene from MoM. I imagine three options.

As one of the Illuminati Wanda kills though this option is probably the least likely

A scene with alternative Wanda and/or the twins at the end.

A post credit scene with say Wanda being picked up by Magneto akin to the end of Avengers Disassembled. It actually could help explain Trial of Wanda I mean Magneto if the scene was there a year ago.

Hopefully when the actual films come along they can do a lot better with family dynamics then that mini.

I know that. That doesn’t mean we can’t say what we think will happen. Any of us could be right or could be wrong. Keep that in mind, these types of discussions are fun so long as everyone admits nobody really knows until details are released, whenever that it is.
    I'm not saying at all that you can't speculate. Just that we don't know from empty slots what they will do. I was just responding to the post saying we do know. One of the rumors is an Agent Carter show for a Disney+ slot. But that's just a rumor for now.

We don’t know yet where was the cut Magneto scene from MoM. I imagine three options.

As one of the Illuminati Wanda kills though this option is probably the least likely

A post credit scene with say Wanda being picked up by Magneto akin to the end of Avengers Disassembled. It actually could help explain Trial of Wanda I mean Magneto if the scene was there a year ago.

Hopefully when the actual films come along they can do a lot better with family dynamics then that mini.
    If it's 838 Mags, it could be a reference to Noir Wanda. Who did not have powers and was always Mags' daughter. I don't think it'd be something really involved or they wouldn't just cut him out. I think with a lot of 838 versions, they'd appear for a moment, since it was primarily a Doctor Strange film.

BANNED

At this point exploring Wanda’s family needs to be its own Disney+. That way you could include Magneto/her dad, show her mother in flashback, somehow bring a Quicksilver back, and show her half sister Polaris.