Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    My question though, what if HoM Wanda is the version I hate most? HoM Civil War Wanda is okayish but she just felt trapped to me. I feel the same way about WATXM Wanda. Locked in a position unable to tap into her own narrative and stories.

I am fine with Wanda being somewhat of a guest role in the family, not her main line of story, just be there when there is a event or something. This is me being most charitable since Wanda being in HoM related stories ranges from tolerbale to disastrous.
    And even if they did a passable job, it's just dodging a bullet than actually gain something for me.

Also House of M 7 emotion is also manufactured and forced, those characters barely appear and one of them is a glorified plot device.

They had the glaring problen of simply not belonging in the same franchise, let alone the same narrative/storyline. So for them to get together, it will need to be some big event, which means someone is bound to get fucked over for drama points.
    If I understand correctly from your past posts, and please correct me if I'm wrong, your chief complaint isn't the family. It's Decimation, and how Wanda was written leading up to and after it.

This thread is called House of M Appreciation, but in reality it's about the family. House of M is just what they're called and what people know them most for because a) it's what Marvel has used most, and b) it's a setting where they're most shown as mutant royalty. They pre-date House of M as a family.

Most people don't know that Wanda was presented as "human" in the family in the regular House of M universe. Of course we know she really wasn't, but when people think of the House of M broad concept, they're not thinking of "human" Wanda. Or about Decimation. They're thinking about an idealistic concept where all the characters would be treated well, including (perhaps especially) Wanda. And "treated well" here doesn't mean they're all perfect angels with no faults or conflicts, it would just mean any faults or conflicts fit who they are and serve everyone involved.

Any character misused as a plot device doesn't help. You get a lot better results for story and for reader interest if they're all treated respectfully.

Maybe House of M isn't the right template to think from. Maybe it's Genosha. WatXM was based off Genosha with no House of M factoring in, after all.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    If I understand correctly from your past posts, and please correct me if I'm wrong, your chief complaint isn't the family. It's Decimation, and how Wanda was written leading up to and after it.

This thread is called House of M Appreciation, but in reality it's about the family. House of M is just what they're called and what people know them most for because a) it's what Marvel has used most, and b) it's a setting where they're most shown as mutant royalty. They pre-date House of M as a family.

Most people don't know that Wanda was presented as "human" in the family in the regular House of M universe. Of course we know she really wasn't, but when people think of the House of M broad concept, they're not thinking of "human" Wanda. Or about Decimation. They're thinking about an idealistic concept where all the characters would be treated well, including (perhaps especially) Wanda. And "treated well" here doesn't mean they're all perfect angels with no faults or conflicts, it would just mean any faults or conflicts fit who they are and serve everyone involved.

Any character misused as a plot device doesn't help. You get a lot better results for story and for reader interest if they're all treated respectfully.

Maybe House of M isn't the right template to think from. Maybe it's Genosha. WatXM was based off Genosha with no House of M factoring in, after all.
    I think it's all of Marvel's failures with families that aren't the Fantastic Four, really. It's something they need to get better at. Maybe they will with this family. And I feel like they just made the family bigger because the Maximoffs are still their bio family, but now the Magnus family is considered to still be family in a way. So they just added more to it. But they need to actually do something with it, damn it Marvel. My whole problem personally has been that they had them as family for 30 years and did basically nothing and are still really doing that. Because they only tease somethings.

And I hate AD/HoM, not just for it treating Wanda bad but having Mags murder Quicksilver was garbage. I just wish that event could be erased sometimes. But at least ToM put it to rest. I feel better about the family after ToM... because it feels like maybe they can get to a point where Wanda isn't wallpaper anytime the family is a subject. Maybe... hopefully they get better at it. But it's all Marvel's fault.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it's all of Marvel's failures with families that aren't the Fantastic Four, really. It's something they need to get better at. Maybe they will with this family. And I feel like they just made the family bigger because the Maximoffs are still their bio family, but now the Magnus family is considered to still be family in a way. So they just added more to it. But they need to actually do something with it, damn it Marvel. My whole problem personally has been that they had them as family for 30 years and did basically nothing and are still really doing that. Because they only tease somethings.

And I hate AD/HoM, not just for it treating Wanda bad but having Mags murder Quicksilver was garbage. I just wish that event could be erased sometimes. But at least ToM put it to rest. I feel better about the family after ToM... because it feels like maybe they can get to a point where Wanda isn't wallpaper anytime the family is a subject. Maybe... hopefully they get better at it. But it's all Marvel's fault.
    I seriously could not agree with you more. This family has seriously been held in stasis at a time when (with MCU's Wanda, The X-Movieverse's standout version of Pietro and Fassbender as Mags, and Lorna being the breakout character of the Gifted) their popularity was at an all time high. And when we get anything at all, it feels wrong and disjointed. I could not stand ToM. It felt poorly conceived and even more poorly executed, but I was so starved for content, I was happy just to see them in panels together.

BANNED

The series was cool in 05 but it is better to move on.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

For the Family this was good to seem Wanda getting some text time befoe the Gala and her importance to Krakoa!

Now we just need story from the Gala and on to push these new narratives for Wanda, Mutants and the Magnus Family;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Source Instagram Marvel Thanks jmc247

https://www.instagram.com/p/CejsqDVLruY/
    Last edited by juan678; 06-09-2022 at 01:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

I think they will do nothing more with the family until the MCU fleshes out it’s mutants plans and what they will do with Wanda moving forward.

Maybe we will get announcements during September when Phase 5 is announced. Phase 4 ends this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think they will do nothing more with the family until the MCU fleshes out it’s mutants plans and what they will do with Wanda moving forward.

Maybe we will get announcements during September when Phase 5 is announced. Phase 4 ends this year.
    Phase 4 ends with the Fantastic Four which has a 2024 release date. It was pushed back a year due to covid pushing everything. Phase 4 was originally supposed to end in 2023. It was never gonna end this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks CJStriker

Top 100 Penguin Random House Trades

3 HOUSE OF M TPB 05/06/2012 TR $24.99
    10 INFINITY GAUNTLET TPB [NEW PRINTING] 13/09/2011 TR $24.99
    49 VISION & THE SCARLET WITCH: THE SAGA OF WANDA AND VISION TPB

Link

Vision and the Scarlet Witch managed a top 50 birth which is very good. It’s strong enough so they will be getting a new trade for the series in 2023.

By Moonjantly
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-14-2022 at 10:46 AM.

I had been wondering of late if Wanda had been starting to replace Anya in Magneto’s eyes.

The answer came in X-Men Red #3. spoilers:
    No, Anya is still very much the Uncle Ben figure for Magneto. The one who died and can’t be resurrected whose death very much motivates his life decisions even now.
    end of spoilers

Bloopers

Could it be possible that’s Wanda is Anya’s reincarnation?

The true affects of Chthon's influence.