Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Because groups of Romani don't work like that and Mags isn't Romani. And the Maximoffs already have their ancestry told in comics. Their ancestors showed up recently in a Cap OGN.

Could you explain more about why Roma family could not adopt Sinti kids? I admit I barely know anything about Romani people. Before you said what Magda was Sinti, I didn't even know what and what they are separate group from Roma.

What series these characters are from? Was it already released?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Assuming they decide to biologically reconnect Magneto to the twins and making them mutants again, I think they would just establish Magda and Wanda has the same person and do away with the WW2 references. Magneto does not look like a 90 year old Holocaust survivor. He is drawn much younger, so it would have been easier for him marry w younger woman. In fact Anya does t have to be born after WW 2 either.

The riot where Anya dies could have happened at any time.
    Magneto was deaged several times, and he died at least once on Krakoa, so now it could be just said what he was resurrected in his prime, as 40 years old or something. His origin is tied to Holocaust and his story with Magda was shown in Magneto Testament series. They knew each other from at least 1935. I don't see the need to change any of what.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Magneto was deaged several times, and he died at least once on Krakoa, so now it could be just said what he was resurrected in his prime, as 40 years old or something. His origin is tied to Holocaust and his story with Magda was shown in Magneto Testament series. They knew each other from at least 1935. I don't see the need to change any of what.
    Correct one can choose the age you want to come back to.

He was reaged from being a child in the 70s to “the prime of his life” which would be maybe 25-35.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-24-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Could you explain more about why Roma family could not adopt Sinti kids?
    Nothing prevents adoption, nor marriage. But things change with each type of thing. Depending on the situation that adopted person would never take on some of the traditions or anything and wouldn't magically ever become Romani (in Magneto's case). Because it's not a lifestyle. It's an ethnicity of Indian people. So it would not work out like how you suggested. And I wouldn't want any non-Romani writer or editor to handle it if they ever got that wild hair. They changed Wanda and Pietro a few times from being Roma to Sinti to Roma and had them always raised by Roma. But the way it's been handled has had it's share of bad stereotypes and depictions. So I keep hoping, they'll eventually get it right. But they'll only get there if they get Romani writers involved.

What series these characters are from? Was it already released?
    It was from Captain America the Ghost Army that released last year.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-24-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda in Limbo Spa Magik The Alligator Loki infinity comic

https://twitter.com/DazzlerAOA/statu...32282745815040

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Nothing prevents adoption, nor marriage. But things change with each type of thing. Depending on the situation that adopted person would never take on some of the traditions or anything and wouldn't magically ever become Romani (in Magneto's case). Because it's not a lifestyle. It's an ethnicity of Indian people. So it would not work out like how you suggested. And I wouldn't want any non-Romani writer or editor to handle it if they ever got that wild hair. They changed Wanda and Pietro a few times from being Roma to Sinti to Roma and had them always raised by Roma. But the way it's been handled has had it's share of bad stereotypes and depictions. So I keep hoping, they'll eventually get it right. But they'll only get there if they get Romani writers involved.

It was from Captain America the Ghost Army that released last year.

Sorry if I missed this, but are you Romani, GenericUsername? I only ask because I am, and it'd be cool to know another of us are on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but are you Romani, GenericUsername? I only ask because I am, and it'd be cool to know another of us are on the boards.
    Yes, partially of descent from my father's side, on his mother's side. They came to the US in the mid 1800s.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-29-2022 at 03:03 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Marvel Studios producer Richie Palmer addressed the chatter surrounding Magneto's reportedly scrapped role in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

When asked if Magneto was ever on the board for inclusion, Palmer indicated that a Magneto appearance was briefly discussed between himself and writer Michael Waldron, stating in a double-negative that he's "not going to say those things (about Magneto) never came up in conversation." However, the producer also admitted that Magneto was "[not] seriously talked about" as it may have been too much to explain in the film and it might have "detracted from the experience." Palmer also teased the idea of introducing another version of Wanda Maximoff who might actually be Magneto's daughter:

Chris Hewitt: "You're dealing with different realities here. Wanda, in the comic books, as you know, is a Mutant. Her father is Magneto. Was that something that you toyed with at any point, to introduce us to Wanda who was a Mutant, who had a dad who was Magneto, or was that just too much heavy lifting to do?"

Richie Palmer: "I don't know if that was ever seriously talked about, again, that [Michael] Waldron's got a head full of crazy ideas, so, I'm not going to say those things never came up in conversation, but I think once you start getting into Magneto and explaining Mutants, you know, I think that the Illuminati appearances in this movie are pretty self-explanatory. I think you get them and you know... I think it's all right there for you. To go any further with it, and to try to explain that stuff, might've detracted from the experience. However, who's to say in this universe, that's a different Wanda than our Wanda with a different backstory, there is a Professor Xavier there, there are Mutants, there are Inhumans. So, you got to believe she definitely has her own version of that story going on."

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...2-magneto-show

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Marvel Studios producer Richie Palmer addressed the chatter surrounding Magneto's reportedly scrapped role in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

When asked if Magneto was ever on the board for inclusion, Palmer indicated that a Magneto appearance was briefly discussed between himself and writer Michael Waldron, stating in a double-negative that he's "not going to say those things (about Magneto) never came up in conversation." However, the producer also admitted that Magneto was "[not] seriously talked about" as it may have been too much to explain in the film and it might have "detracted from the experience." Palmer also teased the idea of introducing another version of Wanda Maximoff who might actually be Magneto's daughter:

Chris Hewitt: "You're dealing with different realities here. Wanda, in the comic books, as you know, is a Mutant. Her father is Magneto. Was that something that you toyed with at any point, to introduce us to Wanda who was a Mutant, who had a dad who was Magneto, or was that just too much heavy lifting to do?"

Richie Palmer: "I don't know if that was ever seriously talked about, again, that [Michael] Waldron's got a head full of crazy ideas, so, I'm not going to say those things never came up in conversation, but I think once you start getting into Magneto and explaining Mutants, you know, I think that the Illuminati appearances in this movie are pretty self-explanatory. I think you get them and you know... I think it's all right there for you. To go any further with it, and to try to explain that stuff, might've detracted from the experience. However, who's to say in this universe, that's a different Wanda than our Wanda with a different backstory, there is a Professor Xavier there, there are Mutants, there are Inhumans. So, you got to believe she definitely has her own version of that story going on."

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...2-magneto-show

They needed a build up to her turn and Wandavision could have been that build up but they didn't force the issue. DS 2 was going to be the build up before an Avengers Disassembled type story and they changed it because the DS 2 creators wanted to own her bad ass witch story. Wanda's turn also needed confrontations with her old Avengers friends to have emotional weight. She hardly knows Strange so there was little emotional weight there.

In terms of the Magnus family they could have done alot more to add them into both Wandavision and especially DS 2. The only real inherent benefit of the multiverse stuff is to test out the Fox cast and include which characters they want and recast the characters they don't. Unsure about using the younger Fox Magneto or Fox Lorna? Give them a test in a multiverse film and decide for themselves.

The MCU being tepid about bringing in Fox Lorna/Magneto to the multiverse is why I believe the comics have been so tepid in reattaching their parentage after the screw you Fox retcon.

Anyway custom statue.

And classic Polaris.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-10-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Scarlet Witch Puts New X-Men Team Together In Hellfire Gala Leaks
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scar...re-gala-leaks/