Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Myt Fave Lorna costume was her Acolyte one. too bad she wore it so rarely :/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Myt Fave Lorna costume was her Acolyte one. too bad she wore it so rarely
    She had three of them. Blue and red was one of my favorite team outfits she ever wore. As for the green darker take on her classic outfit it was really good.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-20-2022 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She had three of them. Blue and red was one of my favorite team outfits she ever wore. As for the green darker take on her classic outfit it was really good.

Hmm yeah that first one is what I meant.

But the second.. feels more... Brotherhood, than Acolytes to me. It's a GOOD outfit, but not what I'd expect of the Acolytes.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 07-20-2022 at 02:59 PM.

We now know Tom Brevoort is an editor on the AXE event, so the question with regard to Lorna is which of two paths he'll take. Will he pretend Lorna doesn't exist at all, or will he do like he did with Children's Crusade and Axis and take it a step further to pretend his not wanting Lorna to be one of Magneto's daughters should be canon.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm yeah that first one is what I meant.

But the second.. feels more... Brotherhood, than Acolytes to me.
    The second one was more 'edgy princess' then being on a member of any team by that point in the story. Her Genosha story when the island existed was a collaborative story, so you had different writers not wholly on the same wavelength. The Alan Davis stuff was when she was in the blue and yellow and red and blue Acolyte uniforms. That was certainly the part that depicted her as very much trying to build a mutant nation and certainly devoted to the cause of it.

Some of the later writers while she was there tried to retcon she was on Genosha to find Havok and other crap so they could exit the story and keep her virtue. I was happy UXM later obliterated most of that in the retelling of the islands last days from Lorna's perspective. But, yes I agree with you the Acolyte era was too short lived. They very much based it on her classic 60s story including the Iceman/Lorna/Magneto conflict.

On the topic of Judgement Day #1 I am still processing my thoughts and will have to see how it plays out. Its a small-scale version of Morrison dropping the hammer on Genosha for those on Mars and it may have interesting long-term consequences.

The second one was more 'edgy princess' then being on a member of any team by that point in the story. Her Genosha story when the island existed was a collaborative story, so you had different writers not wholly on the same wavelength. The Alan Davis stuff was when she was in the blue and yellow and red and blue Acolyte uniforms. That was certainly the part that depicted her as very much trying to build a mutant nation and certainly devoted to the cause of it.

Some of the later writers while she was there tried to retcon she was on Genosha to find Havok and other crap so they could exit the story and keep her virtue. I was happy UXM later obliterated most of that in the retelling of the islands last days from Lorna's perspective. But, yes I agree with you the Acolyte era was too short lived. They very much based it on her classic 60s story including the Iceman/Lorna/Magneto conflict.

On the topic of Judgement Day #1 I am still processing my thoughts and will have to see how it plays out. Its a small-scale version of Morrison dropping the hammer on Genosha for those on Mars and it may have interesting long-term consequences.
    Yeah, this era of comics was very interesting in terms of characterizations. You knew peopel had a good idea as to who they were and didn't just throw words at them.

X-Men 97 looks heavily based on the 1980s. Magneto is headmaster and Sinister is the big bad. Also an 8th season has already been green lite.

I suspected when they first announced a TAS remake they would be difficult to include any of his kids with Magneto a full protagonist and head of the X-Men.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-24-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Spectacular Member

AXE Spoilers

spoilers:
    So Magneto is dead in an Avengers and X-Men event when none of his kids are on either team... That sucks especially with his repaired relationship with Wanda
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    AXE Spoilers

spoilers:
    So Magneto is dead in an Avengers and X-Men event when none of his kids are on either team... That sucks especially with his repaired relationship with Wanda
    end of spoilers
    I could maybe accept Wanda is off training kids in a far-off magic realm and can't be involved. Not so much Lorna is just too busy chillaxing with her mochaccino to be bothered enough to get involved in an ongoing attempted mutant genocide. Either way the emotional beats from such a potential story are something basically spoon fed to publishing here if they are willing to take it up.

Anyway art by vinillaxbiscuit

I could maybe accept Wanda is off training kids in a far-off magic realm and can't be involved. Not so much Lorna is just too busy chillaxing with her mochaccino to be bothered enough to get involved in an ongoing attempted mutant genocide. Either way the emotional beats from such a potential story are something basically spoon fed to publishing here if they are willing to take it up.

Anyway art by vinillaxbiscuit

Not in a far off realm, but she's in Strange Academy in October, so she just could be back there teaching.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

... Fred Ian is a pretty good artist.

Magneto family, by AliDevilSta @DeviantArt.com

BANNED

It's the biggest I could find, and I don't know the source, but...

I LIKEd IT!!! It's cute.

Trial of Magneto papered over any issues from Decimation between Lorna and Wanda. I thought that was a real mistake as I wanted their relationship to have to deal with it before moving beyond it. Their current closeness wouldn't seem OOC to me if they dealt with and surmounted that massive hill instead of ignoring it. It's entirely possible they just put it aside for later, but there were five issues to deal with it.

All New X-Factor #14 papered it over too, but left it in the background of their relationship by bringing it up and making clear it was a wedge they had to deal with.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-02-2022 at 05:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Speaking of Genoshan mutants -- just how many of them have been brought back via Krakoan technology?
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I'ma gonna say... *SPECULATIVELY*

Figured this has the *potential* to be... EXTREMELY RELEVANT 2 this thread, and the 616 House of Magnus'... FUTURE?!

ALSO... https://twitter.com/milywitching/sta...01244476985348
    Mily
    @milywitching

Jewish and Roma queens.

#XSpoilers

SO PLEASED that RD gave them back their wavy curls, and Wanda a darker skin tone, just... ADORE IT!! 😙
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-02-2022 at 04:30 AM.