Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    - The relationship with Simon?
    I'd rather the last one be Witches Road or whatever her newest solo ends up being than the toxic relationship with Simon.

And WandaVision was basically everything HoM was where Wanda was concerned. Her imaginary world where she and others were happy for once.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd rather the last one be Witches Road or whatever her newest solo ends up being than the toxic relationship with Simon.

And WandaVision was basically everything HoM was where Wanda was concerned. Her imaginary world where she and others were happy for once.
    Hmm... Since that world wasn't real does it count as canonical reality since people remember it?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Hmm... Since that world wasn't real does it count as canonical reality since people remember it?
    I hate to be that guy but we are talking about reality warping here. Of course it was real. That's the entire point of it. It's not an illusion or a dream or what have you. It's as real as the air you are currently breathing.

Again I apologize but I see this so often that I can't help but nitpick everytime someone implies something from a reality warper is not real when it's literally in the name of that power.

As for the question. Technically it should be just like the comic version has it's own designation but since the scale was a small town and not the entire world like in the comics probably no one will be bother with it in-universe.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I think they need to swing Wanda a different way to avoid repetition. She never used reality warping that much in comics so it shouldn't be most of what she's doing in the MCU.

They should have some decent character development as well. And it just would make as much sense as ITMoM did if she turned around after her sacrifice and just made the same mistakes.

She needs a different plot.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1575315032124149760

Elizabeth Olsen, whose time as Wanda may not be over, would like the Scarlet Witch to team up with the X-Men, “I think [Michael] Fassbender is my dad in some world?

Other members of the family will appear in the Scarlet Witch book, according to Steve Orlando:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/03/x-...ndo-interview/

Last edited by juan678; 10-05-2022 at 05:28 AM.

Judgement Day continues to have a massive impact on the family or at least it should if they weren't pretending it was in a vacuum with certain members they don't want to deal with existing outside the vacuum.

A mutant genocide just happened and where is Lorna? Meh, the only interest publishing has is keeping Lorna in their 90s X-Factor love interest nostalgia bubble and ignoring her being a survivor of the Genoshan genocide is key to that.

I think they need to swing Wanda a different way to avoid repetition. She never used reality warping that much in comics so it shouldn't be most of what she's doing in the MCU.

They should have some decent character development as well. And it just would make as much sense as ITMoM did if she turned around after her sacrifice and just made the same mistakes.

She needs a different plot.
    I think there is a high likelihood while they are still playing with alternate realities of dumping MCU Wanda on a reality where her family exists, but a version of her in that reality is dead. Nothing actors say in major interviews is not pre-scripted on some level and we have seen the idea of Magneto up repeatedly in reference to MCU Wanda.

I think they play with alternate realities for a few years before its time to bring in the MCU's cast of X-Men. Some Fox versions popular enough will survive to become the official MCU versions and some won't.

Also for Lucyinthesky your PM box is full.

Alex Ross covers for Marvel protagonists and antagonists.

Last edited by jmc247; 10-05-2022 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Judgement Day continues to have a massive impact on the family or at least it should if they weren't pretending it was in a vacuum with certain members they don't want to deal with existing outside the vacuum.

A mutant genocide just happened and where is Lorna? Meh, the only interest publishing has is keeping Lorna in their 90s X-Factor love interest nostalgia bubble and ignoring her being a survivor of the Genoshan genocide is key to that.

I think there is a high likelihood while they are still playing with alternate realities of dumping MCU Wanda on a reality where her family exists, but a version of her in that reality is dead. Nothing actors say in major interviews is not pre-scripted on some level and we have seen the idea of Magneto up repeatedly in reference to MCU Wanda.

I think they play with alternate realities for a few years before its time to bring in the MCU's cast of X-Men. Some Fox versions popular enough will survive to become the official MCU versions and some won't.

Also for Lucyinthesky your PM box is full.
    With them getting Waldron for Secret Wars now, it's probably best Wanda is on break. I don't know what they are thinking with that.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Thanks Jmc247, it´s open now, I made some space

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed, I hope marvel makes a funeral for Magneto so Lorna and the rest of the family can react to his death at least, I would love to see her, Wanda and Pietro meet again. Tecnically Lorna is fighting alongside the other X-men but if we don´t see her interacting those small cames doesn´t serve much to her character.

Yes it seems that way, hopefully we can see a little more of her pov to all this in the story Kelly Thompson is doing with her.

Maybe Fassbender´s Magneto, or an AU version of Magneto made a cameo with her and that´s what she was talking about, after all, the Wanda who had her kids was supposed to be Magneto´s daughter.

Agreed
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

With them getting Waldron for Secret Wars now, it's probably best Wanda is on break. I don't know what they are thinking with that.
    I am beggining to think they are going to kill MCU Wanda and introduce another Wanda who´s connected to mutants, I hope this is not the case but then again they really went out of their way to assessinate MCU Wanda for no reason at all. I liked where they were going with WandaVision but MoM doesn´t made any sense.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am beggining to think they are going to kill MCU Wanda and introduce another Wanda who´s connected to mutants, I hope this is not the case but then again they really went out of their way to assessinate MCU Wanda for no reason at all. I liked where they were going with WandaVision but MoM doesn´t made any sense.
    Judging from the way they write 838 Wanda, that will be the functional death of said character. With all her character reduced to a single trait, usually about her family.

I don't really know what will happen. But if she never returns, I'll just hope for her in cartoons and to be in comics more. I wouldn't doubt if they just focus on other things, since they have so many irons in the fire. But also would never be surprised to see her again in the MCU.

Kevin Feige confirmed she´s going to be back, I hope they just have a better story than MoM for her this time.