Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ya'll do realize that with all the retcons and genetic manipulation and tampering thats been involved that Magneto can be her bio father without ever even meeting her mother
    Personally I prefer Magneto not being her father however if they are going to retcon a biological connection I would prefer it to be due to genetic manipulation with the High evolutionary using Magneto's DNA to enhance the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Nah, they’d say he met Natalya after Magda died. There’s no reason to tie Natalya to the same time period Magda was in, one of the reasons for the retcon was to not tie Wanda and Pietro to WWII (so their ages can more ‘flexible’. )
    Exactly

Hope the Avengers editors change soon this "choosen family" thing is very nice. BUT no for them

The found family thing allows them freedom with the characters. Ages and all that don't matter as much when there isn't a biological link. There are many families in real life that aren't biologically related.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The found family thing allows them freedom with the characters. Ages and all that don't matter as much when there isn't a biological link. There are many families in real life that aren't biologically related.
    Kinda makes the idea not work though since you then have to figure out WHY.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Kinda makes the idea not work though since you then have to figure out WHY.
    But it is why Marvel moves to make most families kind of weird. Like alt earth children and such. So they aren't saddled with the horrid age question.

Werent Pietro and Wanda subjected to suspended animation in one of their origin stories? That accounted for their ages regardless of when they were actually born.

Werent Pietro and Wanda subjected to suspended animation in one of their origin stories? That accounted for their ages regardless of when they were actually born.
    It was only in a handbook decades ago. It never made it into comics.

So the official stance is that Magneto is now considered her adopted father....I guess its the best they could do without completing retconning their retcon. Glad to see the family united
    I like this. I think they finally solved the ridiculous last retcon without creating more ridiculous retcons. In the future, they can just refer to each other other daughter and father and leave it like this. In a couple of years we will have forgotten the last retcon ever existed.

They are family. end of story.

As far as media, merch, and the rest of the Marvel money making machine is concerned my general sense is if they go with the concept of them being family again even if not genetic family and cement it in a crossover it would effectively wipe away the retcon as an impediment to promotion of them as such. So far merchandisers have been shying away from the idea they are a family or annoyingly to me as a Lorna fan going back to a early 90s concept. I just hope as the family returns all direct members are respected. I understand not giving much face time to the indirect members like Crystal though they shouldn't be forgotten about.

Well, Multiverse of Madness is upon us and it could mean a fair bit indirectly for the HoM. We will have to wait and see.

Link

Thanks Juan

By Yusuf Idris

Wanda coming up in Marvel Future Revolution
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-27-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Wanda is everywhere these days. When are we getting another solo book?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Wanda is everywhere these days. When are we getting another solo book?!
    Wanda is more popular than she has ever been before, but has no presence in the comics. She should be in something every month. Marvel apparently doesn't want the money.

Magneto is clearly Wanda and Pietro genetic father, they are just waiting for the mcu to revisit the subject in detail
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda is more popular than she has ever been before, but has no presence in the comics. She should be in something every month. Marvel apparently doesn't want the money.
    Wanda went though a super spike in interest according to google tends to rather stratospheric levels interestingly that spike directly cause a spike in interest in Polaris as well near to the highest levels she was at when she had a TV show running along with the rest of the HoM. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens again when MoM airs.

I just noticed no one posted Wanda’s gala costume here.

Link

Duggan provided a tiny bit from the script.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Wanda went though a super spike in interest according to google tends to rather stratospheric levels interestingly that spike directly cause a spike in interest in Polaris as well near to the highest levels she was at when she had a TV show running along with the rest of the HoM. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens again when MoM airs.

I just noticed no one posted Wanda’s gala costume here.

Link

Duggan provided a tiny bit from the script.

This was So Lovely to See and Read Duggan, I am Certainly Hoping that she is not only in the Gala this Year but has a MAJOR Part and gets to finally ineract with longtime friends of her on Krakoa that sadly where seperated cause of the how long they dragged on the HoM event to long.

It might make me cry to see this if Wanda is handed well like this.

I am so Happy to see Wanda come out so beautiful and it is reflective of her new status and state of mind in the comics! ;_;
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It defies belief that Wanda is not a regular presence in the comics. The X-office should appropriate her if the Avengers office insists on keeping her out of their books.