Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Some cool Ron Lim art.

"Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Yeah! Definitely here for the art of Ron Lim!!

Silver Surfer Rebirth is very good.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Hey folks, if you have not already done so, check out issue # 1 from powerhouse duo Ron Marz and Ron Lim...

Silver Surfer Rebirth

on sale now!

In my read pile for this afternoon! This was a book in my top 3 back when Ron Lim was on it in the late 80s/early 90s.
    Flipped through it and the art is on point!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Silver Surfer Rebirth is very good.
    I enjoyed the first issue too! Can't wait to see where this goes...
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    In my read pile for this afternoon! This was a book in my top 3 back when Ron Lim was on it in the late 80s/early 90s.
    Flipped through it and the art is on point!
    Like picking up where we left off in the 90's right? Yeah, this is the only thing I'm committed to reading right now. I still remember when I actually had a pull list...

Marz/Lim is in my top 3 all time creative teams for the Surfer. I mean, these two guys just get the Surfer. They were able to build on the original mythos of Lee/Kirby and Lee/Buscema, without making him a character we could no longer relate to. Man I can't wait to see where this goes!
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! Definitely here for the art of Ron Lim!!
    Nice.

----------------------

Has Norrin faced off against the Mangog from the Thor books?

No word on any MCU appearances yet, I suppose? He would have to appear someday, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Norrin faced off against the Mangog from the Thor books?
    He did in Marvel Fanfare 51.

It was an alternate universe dealio though.

No word on any MCU appearances yet, I suppose? He would have to appear someday, somewhere.
    I'm reading that director Adam McKay has expressed interest in a Silver Surfer movie on screen rant. This article appears to be corroborated on the direct.
    Last edited by Cronus; 01-21-2022 at 07:32 PM.
    ----------------------

What specifically would you change?

Bonus: in a realm where Marvel and DC comics characters co-exist, which villains from DC comics would make great villains for the Silver Surfer?
    I would add to his rogues gallery. Giving him an ongoing comic would help make that happen.

I’m strictly Marvel, so I would not read any crossover with DC.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I would add to his rogues gallery. Giving him an ongoing comic would help make that happen.
    Yeah, I sure would like to see Marz and Lim stay for an ongoing. I bet a lot of fans would read that! As far as new set of rogues, yes. Definitely. There are plenty of villains the Surfer has not mixed it up with at Marvel (Juggernaut and Mangog come to mind). A rematch with the Abomination would be cool. I wouldn't mind seeing a long story involving the Surfer and some of the X-Men.

I’m strictly Marvel, so I would not read any crossover with DC.
    Loyal Marvel man. Nothing wrong with that!
    ----------------------

Bonus: in a realm where Marvel and DC comics characters co-exist, which villains from DC comics would make great villains for the Silver Surfer?
    Darkseid. Generally I think the Surfer would do well interacting with Kirby's New Gods, and an uneasy alliance with the more warlike Orion would be a great dynamic to work with.

It's quite easy to imagine Norinn in Starlin's Cosmic Odyssey, or as a guest-star in the classic Great Darkness Saga.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Darkseid. Generally I think the Surfer would do well interacting with Kirby's New Gods, and an uneasy alliance with the more warlike Orion would be a great dynamic to work with.

It's quite easy to imagine Norinn in Starlin's Cosmic Odyssey, or as a guest-star in the classic Great Darkness Saga.
    Byrne did a 1995/6 one shot called Darkseid/Galactus: The Hunger where Surfer and Galactus met Darkseid and Orion. Good story.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah, I sure would like to see Marz and Lim stay for an ongoing. I bet a lot of fans would read that! As far as new set of rogues, yes. Definitely. There are plenty of villains the Surfer has not mixed it up with at Marvel (Juggernaut and Mangog come to mind). A rematch with the Abomination would be cool. I wouldn't mind seeing a long story involving the Surfer and some of the X-Men.

Loyal Marvel man. Nothing wrong with that!
    I’d like to see SS interact with the Inhumans!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’d like to see SS interact with the Inhumans!
    A good start might be here?

Not sure if they ever interacted after that.
    ----------------------