Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Darkseid. Generally I think the Surfer would do well interacting with Kirby's New Gods, and an uneasy alliance with the more warlike Orion would be a great dynamic to work with.

It's quite easy to imagine Norinn in Starlin's Cosmic Odyssey, or as a guest-star in the classic Great Darkness Saga.
    I agree, that's why Byrne's Darkseid/Galactus crossover worked so well.

Starlin on some level despises the Surfer. Marz' Surfer is basically Starlin's surfer minus the disdain.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Issue #2 was a good read. I like how for the most part Norrin and Thanos actually discussed the situation without there being a 10pg fight and 4 panels of rushed exposition to explain the matter.

So Jack of Hearts is being manipulated. We get him here in a "lost tale" story and he's just recently shown up in....I think the new She-Hulk book?

I read the ideas behind who the big bad may be and it'll be interesting if it is him. Especially if the cover to issue #5(which I've not looked up) is correct OR that character is also being manipulated by whomever the big bad truly will be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Dude on the cover #5 is not manipulatable.

In addition to his mini, the Surfer can also be found in The Thing #4 and Fantastic Four #40-41.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Issue #2 was a good read. I like how for the most part Norrin and Thanos actually discussed the situation without there being a 10pg fight and 4 panels of rushed exposition to explain the matter.

So Jack of Hearts is being manipulated. We get him here in a "lost tale" story and he's just recently shown up in....I think the new She-Hulk book?

I read the ideas behind who the big bad may be and it'll be interesting if it is him. Especially if the cover to issue #5(which I've not looked up) is correct OR that character is also being manipulated by whomever the big bad truly will be.
    I assume this is happening somewhere between the end of his mini series from the 80's where he leaves to travel space and his appearances in the Quasar series in the 90s where he was a prisoner of The Stranger. It has to be after Infinity Gauntlet, but seems to be before War, so that also fits that time frame.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Well straight up, the bad guy is Tyrant. Sorry to spoil if someone hasn't already spoiled it for themselves. So the mini takes place after Tyrant's creation, and before the fight that ended Tyrant. Basically late SS vol 3 in the realm of 80 to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Norrin completely free from Galactus again? He can do what he wants? What happened with that fight with Knull?
    As far as I can tell, yes. Norrin no longer serves Galactus. The Knull fight was...weird? He broke out the enigma force which, among other things, cured him back to his silvery self.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Galan View Post
    I agree, that's why Byrne's Darkseid/Galactus crossover worked so well.

Starlin on some level despises the Surfer. Marz' Surfer is basically Starlin's surfer minus the disdain.
    Really? May I ask why you feel this way? Just curious...
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    In addition to his mini, the Surfer can also be found in The Thing #4 and Fantastic Four #40-41.
    Nice. Worth a read?
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I assume this is happening somewhere between the end of his mini series from the 80's where he leaves to travel space and his appearances in the Quasar series in the 90s where he was a prisoner of The Stranger. It has to be after Infinity Gauntlet, but seems to be before War, so that also fits that time frame.
    Well straight up, the bad guy is Tyrant. Sorry to spoil if someone hasn't already spoiled it for themselves. So the mini takes place after Tyrant's creation, and before the fight that ended Tyrant. Basically late SS vol 3 in the realm of 80 to 100.
    LOL! Whatever the timeline, I'm just glad Jack of Hearts is wearing his OG costume (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-10-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Silver Surfer Rebirth #3 came out today. What do you think?

BANNED

Nice art, but I read it in 5 minutes. Not what I was looking forward to.

Mmm, I gather Marz is waiting until the last issue to spring upon us in what way the Silver Surfer will be reborn, lol?

I mean, at this point we know that spoilers:
    1) Tyrant has the reality gem, 2) Thanos has taken issue with it and enlisted the Silver Surfer's aid in recovering it, 3) Mar-Vell was brought back only to be slaughtered by Thanos, 4) Nebula has been brought back, 5) the Jack of Hearts is back to serve as an agent for Tyrant. We also know Jack of Hearts will appear in the April and May issue of Fantastic Four (2022).
    end of spoilers...how do we anticipate this will resolve?

Anyone have any theories?
    Last edited by Cronus; 03-31-2022 at 10:19 PM.
    ----------------------

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Nice art, but I read it in 5 minutes. Not what I was looking forward to.
    That is about 75% of monthly comics today. They are writing long form for the trade.

However, issue #3 was good and I enjoyed the Thanos/Nebula moments.
    I know this takes place during SS vol.3 but I don't recall SS once again becoming Galactus' herald of his own free will. I'm guessing faulty memory on me cause that would be a big continuity error.
    They are drawing out the Jack of Hearts confrontation, he was only on two pages. I guess next issue he gets his due.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's about to go down!

Silver Surfer Rebirth #4.

Get'em while they're hot!
    ----------------------