Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

So I recently visited a "scoop site" for the first time in months, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that there's a chance MCU audiences could see Norrin Radd in live action as soon as 2024. I have not been a fan of Disney introducing huge numbers of characters in such a short period of time, and was losing a bit of interest in what Marvel Studios is doing as a whole. BUT, I've always liked dudes like Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider because of their unique "modes of transportation". Plus, Marvel Studios REALLY needs to improve the "cosmic corner" of its cinematic universe. I don't feel the Eternals and Love & Thunder got the job done (in my opinion):

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/what...isney-special/
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-22-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    So I recently visited a "scoop site" for the first time in months, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that there's a chance MCU audiences could see Norrin Radd in live action as soon as 2024. I have not been a fan of Disney introducing huge numbers of characters in such a short period of time, and was losing a bit of interest in what Marvel Studios is doing as a whole. BUT, I've always liked dudes like Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider because of their unique "modes of transportation". Plus, Marvel Studios REALLY needs to improve the "cosmic corner" of its cinematic universe. I don't feel the Eternals and the Love & Thunder got the job done (in my opinion):

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/what...isney-special/
    If this turns out to be true, I wonder will they do the same as before with an actor doing the motion capture but someone else doing the voice. Laurence Fishburne was a good Norrin voice.

Plus, any "new" Silver Surfer actor has to be okay with a silver outfit or mo-cap suit for the entire length of the shoot. And of course, Norrin has no visible pupils/irises, not traditionally. (Will this change?) And Norrin's covering is not a "costume", so the typical comic book movie conceit of him losing his mask during some point, like the climax, just doesn't make any sense at all.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There's actually some rumors he's in the Guardians Holiday Special, so it may be just a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If this turns out to be true, I wonder will they do the same as before with an actor doing the motion capture but someone else doing the voice. Laurence Fishburne was a good Norrin voice.

Plus, any "new" Silver Surfer actor has to be okay with a silver outfit or mo-cap suit for the entire length of the shoot. And of course, Norrin has no visible pupils/irises, not traditionally. (Will this change?) And Norrin's covering is not a "costume", so the typical comic book movie conceit of him losing his mask during some point, like the climax, just doesn't make any sense at all.
    I've never seen Silver Surfer in live-action before. Curious to see how Disney handles it.

Theis potential Silver Surfer movie, if it is made, is said to be released in 2024, ahead of the 2025 Fantastic Four movie.

Makes me wonder if the Silver Surfer will then appear in the FF movie.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd just like to add a bit of nostalgia about the Silver Surfer that received a brief mention in the local papers. When Fox released the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer movie back in 2007 the theater I went to had a really great display that was placed in the theater by Fox as a promotion. I happen to have my camera with me and took a picture. Later on, this piece would become a part of the display in comic book shop in the area. After a while, it sort of disappeared and I didn't see it there.

My brother and I happen to talking about that statue a couple of weeks ago. Then by some odd coincidence the local newspaper had a story about this comic shop changing locations and move to a larger space. So now I know what happened to that piece and it will be back on display again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd just like to add a bit of nostalgia about the Silver Surfer that received a brief mention in the local papers. When Fox released the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer movie back in 2007 the theater I went to had a really great display that was placed in the theater by Fox as a promotion. I happen to have my camera with me and took a picture. Later on, this piece would become a part of the display in comic book shop in the area. After a while, it sort of disappeared and I didn't see it there.

My brother and I happen to talking about that statue a couple of weeks ago. Then by some odd coincidence the local newspaper had a story about this comic shop changing locations and move to a larger space. So now I know what happened to that piece and it will be back on display again.
    That is very cool!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I would expect in the age of Josh Brolin as a successful CGI Thanos, we'd prob get a similar treatment for Norrin. Looking back on the last live action Surfer from RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER, Doug Jones did wear a silver suit that just got some "polishing" by special effects. But that worked so well because of Jones's willowy frame as the foundation. I always felt bad that we didn't get to hear Doug Jones voice performance as well. IIRC, it was uncertain during production if they were going to dub over him for the final product.

Last edited by Thirteen; 10-24-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess the director figured Lawrence Fishburne had a voice more suited to the role.

February solicitations:

SILVER SURFER: GHOST LIGHT #1 (OF 5)
    JOHN JENNINGS (W) • VALENTINE DE LANDRO (A)
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    Planet of the Apes Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Toni Brooks and her family have moved into the quiet town of Sweetwater. But nothing is quite what it seems in their new home. What mystery did Toni and her family unravel that would call upon the Sentinel of the Spaceways – the Silver Surfer?! And just who, or what, is GHOST LIGHT? Eisner Award winner JOHN JENNINGS and artist VALENTINE DE LANDRO (Bitch Planet) introduce a new Marvel super hero over 50 years in the making!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Get to Know the Silver Surfer's New Ally in This Ghost Light Preview
    https://gizmodo.com/silver-surfer-gh...ics-1849801876