Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Better Than Your Fav - Big Nate - The X-Man Appreciation Thread Vol 2022

Who wants to go ONE on ONE with the Great One?

Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Nate Grey

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Nate Grey
    Would be nice to see him again.

Astonishing Member

Tbh, I kinda wish instead of Extermination ending with Kid Cable, we'd gotten Age of X-Man ending with them ending the threat of Nate by putting HIM back to like, teenage age, that way we could have had Scott and Jean raising a teenage Nate AND kept Old Man Cable simultaneously and preserving his dynamic with Hope. Best of both worlds kinda thing IMO. But that could just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh, I kinda wish instead of Extermination ending with Kid Cable, we'd gotten Age of X-Man ending with them ending the threat of Nate by putting HIM back to like, teenage age, that way we could have had Scott and Jean raising a teenage Nate AND kept Old Man Cable simultaneously and preserving his dynamic with Hope. Best of both worlds kinda thing IMO. But that could just be me.
    That would’ve been much better than what we got. I agree.

Everything about the Kid Cable storyline was idiotic.

Cannot wait to see him

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Would be nice to see him again.
    Agreed. It would also be interesting to see him re-connect with "Madelyne Pryor" & renew their "friendship" (XD)

Happy New Year to Nate and his fans .

I have an idea for a theory/potential future storyline concerning Nate Grey and the X-men overall.
    In Jonathan Hickman’s Inferno #3, Omega Sentinel states that in the future that she is from the machines had taken control of the Celestials in order to combat the mutants.
    Celestial vs Child of the Sun.jpg

She then goes on to say, “But the mutants captured the celestial powers – life and death – and, using the Phoenix blade, the child of the sun – who wielded it with vigor – destroyed Titan after Titan.”

I propose two possibilities for this “Child of the Sun”, the first is that it is literal, and they are a mutant with some form of fire/solar powers.
    The second possibility, which I’m leaning more towards, is that it is more figurative, a title or allegory. The Child of the Sun being someone who has held a name or title related to the sun, or “Child of the Sun” could be an allegory for a member of the Summers’ family children.
    Something that Nate Grey is both of…
    Nate Grey Sun King.jpg

The next part of this idea stems from the line “the mutants captured the celestial powers – life and death”, I 100% believe this refers to the Life Seed and the Death Seed. Both being artifacts of the Celestials that grant immense power over their titular domains. As we know, currently the Life Seed is in the possession of Nate.
    Life Seed Nate.jpg
    Meaning he already has 50% of the forementioned ‘captured celestial powers’.

Default Better Than Your Fav - Big Nate - The X-Man Appreciation Thread Vol 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
    I have an idea for a theory/potential future storyline concerning Nate Grey and the X-men overall.
    In Jonathan Hickman’s Inferno #3, Omega Sentinel states that in the future that she is from the machines had taken control of the Celestials in order to combat the mutants.
    Celestial vs Child of the Sun.jpg

She then goes on to say, “But the mutants captured the celestial powers – life and death – and, using the Phoenix blade, the child of the sun – who wielded it with vigor – destroyed Titan after Titan.”

I propose two possibilities for this “Child of the Sun”, the first is that it is literal, and they are a mutant with some form of fire/solar powers.
    The second possibility, which I’m leaning more towards, is that it is more figurative, a title or allegory. The Child of the Sun being someone who has held a name or title related to the sun, or “Child of the Sun” could be an allegory for a member of the Summers’ family children.
    Something that Nate Grey is both of…
    Nate Grey Sun King.jpg

The next part of this idea stems from the line “the mutants captured the celestial powers – life and death”, I 100% believe this refers to the Life Seed and the Death Seed. Both being artifacts of the Celestials that grant immense power over their titular domains. As we know, currently the Life Seed is in the possession of Nate.
    Life Seed Nate.jpg
    Meaning he already has 50% of the forementioned ‘captured celestial powers’.
    As for the Death Seed, there is a version of it in the possession of Jean Grey from the Age of Apocalypse, since Astonishing X-Men #61 (2013).
    Death Seed AoA Jean.jpg

Finally, the Phoenix Blade, a sword forged by the Shi’ar that hold a fragment of the Phoenix Force within it. This weapon is currently wielded by Korvus Rook'shir, who has had possession of it since Uncanny X-Men #479 (2006). It should also be noted of Korvus’ brief romance with Rachel Summers (aka Nate’s sister).
    Phoenix Blade.jpgPhoenix Blade.jpg

Thus far Nate Grey fits 2 of the 4 criteria, being a possible “Child of the Sun” and possessing the “Celestial Power of Life”.

So, I propose that at some point in the future Nimrod and Omega Sentinel will somehow gain control of the Celestials and use them in an assault against the X-Men and mutant-kind as a whole. Possibly with Mars/Arroko being the battleground. Either at this time, or sometime earlier Nate Grey will have returned from the Age of X-Man pocket dimension.
    The X-Men will see Life Seed Nate as their best bet against the Celestials given his immense power, arguably being the strongest mutant ever. However, Nate with the Life Seed isn’t enough against the entirety of the machine gods.
    So a plan would be devised that would see Nate be given the Death Seed and Phoenix Blade.
    For the Death Seed, given AoA as his home world and his ability to walk between realities, it is well within possibility for Nate to acquire the second seed. This would give a storyline where Nate would need to return to Earth-295 and confront his mother who is that world’s current Apocalypse.
    As for the Pheonix Blade, Korvus could potentially be persuaded to hand-over the sword by Rachel. Or, it could be retrieved after an event that led to Korvus’ death.
    After this the Child of the Sun will destroy Titan after Titan.

What do you think plausible, or nah?

Additional small theory.
    Deathbird or winged Dani.jpg
    At first I believed this winged figure to represent Deathbird. But what if instead of Deathbird it is Dani Moonstar in her Valkyrie form, after being given some type of winged power-up, (similar to how Jane Foster is given wings as a Valkyrie).
    Last edited by The Myth; 01-20-2022 at 06:20 AM. Reason: To make it more coherent.

Incredible Member

Just give him a couple more years so Age of X-Man is truly forgotten and we might have him back.

art by Magickmarker

[img]121419[/img]
    Art by Rebelwarrior217
    https://www.deviantart.com/rebelwarr...ebox-917412395
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Myth; 05-27-2022 at 05:16 PM.