Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Requests have been made here for Sue to have acquaintances and friends. Darkstar seems like a good potential rival or frenemy (if the term is still used).
    That term definitely is still used, Frenemies will even be the subtitle of DC's Stargirl season 3 (in reference to the main character's new next door neighbours being a family of villains, who have apparently changed and want to be friends).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A look at Fantastic Four #47 the beginning of the Sue-focused two issues: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...47-first-look/
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    A look at Fantastic Four #47 the beginning of the Sue-focused two issues: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...47-first-look/
    The villain is kind of funny because I just saw the upcoming "X-Treme" 90's cover with Sue sporting a similar exposed thighs look .

But Sue saving the day while rocking that skirt .

In the interview below Ryan North said that his favorite member was Reed when he was younger, but now it's Sue followed by Johnny:

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio...r-ottawas-ryan

I really hope this means that this will be a great run for Sue and she won't be treated like a background character!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

From She-Hulk (2005) #35: This is the second Lady Liberators (She-Hulk, Thundra, Valkyrie, and Sue) facing off against the Winter Guard with Sasha Roerich as the new Darkstar, who opens a portal to the Darkforce Dimension that increases gravity around it.

The idea of Sue and Darkstar having a rivalry is growing on me. For kicks, I'd like to see Val get Darkforce powers and see her interact with her mom.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    From She-Hulk (2005) #35: This is the second Lady Liberators (She-Hulk, Thundra, Valkyrie, and Sue) facing off against the Winter Guard with Sasha Roerich as the new Darkstar, who opens a portal to the Darkforce Dimension that increases gravity around it.

The idea of Sue and Darkstar having a rivalry is growing on me. For kicks, I'd like to see Val get Darkforce powers and see her interact with her mom.
    Although I've enjoyed the idea of Val not having powers, just genius IQ

- - wouldn't it be a kick if *she* ends up being mutant, possessor of an X-gene?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Although I've enjoyed the idea of Val not having powers, just genius IQ

- - wouldn't it be a kick if *she* ends up being mutant, possessor of an X-gene?
    After the various experiences with Franklin and his powers issues (from a Reed and Sue point of view), it's hard to believe that Reed wouldn't go through every possible test to see if Val had anything resembling an x-gene. I'm not crazy about Val having powers either, but a surprise x-gene seems odd considering the Richards situation with their first child.

Now some sort of accidental powering up, I think would make much more sense. Exploding chemicals, radiation, maybe she absorbs cosmic rays to power her up kinda like Kryptonians and yellow sun rays.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

After the various experiences with Franklin and his powers issues (from a Reed and Sue point of view), it's hard to believe that Reed wouldn't go through every possible test to see if Val had anything resembling an x-gene. I'm not crazy about Val having powers either, but a surprise x-gene seems odd considering the Richards situation with their first child.

Now some sort of accidental powering up, I think would make much more sense. Exploding chemicals, radiation, maybe she absorbs cosmic rays to power her up kinda like Kryptonians and yellow sun rays.
    I still think Val should learn magic. It would give her abilities that keeps her unique in her family and it plays into her character. Magic is a learnt skill, so it fits a genius girl as well as play into her parallels with Doom.

Outside of that I'd rather she'd be an Inhuman than mutant.

I still think Val should learn magic. It would give her abilities that keeps her unique in her family and it plays into her character. Magic is a learnt skill, so it fits a genius girl as well as play into her parallels with Doom.

Outside of that I'd rather she'd be an Inhuman than mutant.
    Magic is good. I've often mentioned the Wall Street thing with Val bouncing between Reed and Victor. My main point here is that Reed (and probably Xavier) would have been checking her out for mutant status. If the kids are staying their current ages, it makes a lot of sense to be developing them in their own different fashions. I really hope Ryan North has kids in order to be able to cover the family stuff well.

Magic is good. I've often mentioned the Wall Street thing with Val bouncing between Reed and Victor. My main point here is that Reed (and probably Xavier) would have been checking her out for mutant status. If the kids are staying their current ages, it makes a lot of sense to be developing them in their own different fashions. I really hope Ryan North has kids in order to be able to cover the family stuff well.
    Reed has definitely checked, multiple times if I'm remembering correctly.

That would require Slott actually caring about the character enough to read books about her.
    And it is noticeable 'cause Slott may know the most obscure piece of trivia lol.

Plus, is there even anyone besides Doom who uses both magic and science in Marvel? I can't think of anyone else, Valeria having that would be cool.

Although, a reason I don't see that happening is writers not wanting to deal with magic in a comic like F4, but then again, it's not like Valeria has to be as good as Strange (Back when that meant something).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Although, a reason I don't see that happening is writers not wanting to deal with magic in a comic like F4, but then again, it's not like Valeria has to be as good as Strange (Back when that meant something).
    At the very least she can learn the basics. While she may not cast spells herself she can read them from a spellbook.

As for Sue and Darkstar, Sue's the only FF member without an established rival/frenemy/BFF/arch-nemesis. We got Reed/Doom, Thing/Hulk, and Torch/Spidey. It would be nice to know that Sue, being referred to as the most powerful FF member, has someone who can go toe to toe against her.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    At the very least she can learn the basics. While she may not cast spells herself she can read them from a spellbook.
    It could also be interesting to make Valeria not particularly gifted when it comes to learning magic, a character as intelligent as her struggling could give her an interesting frustration.

Don't really think it should be a case of "She struggles now but becomes super awesome with it later", it's okay for a character to not be good at everything, that way science and magic can have their place, and I'm not saying she shouldn't improve with it ever, just don't make her so good she's comparable with the other good magic users.

Question is though, would Doom be her only teacher? Or she'd try to learn from other characters like Wanda, Strange or whatever?

As for Sue and Darkstar, Sue's the only FF member without an established rival/frenemy/BFF/arch-nemesis. We got Reed/Doom, Thing/Hulk, and Torch/Spidey. It would be nice to know that Sue, being referred to as the most powerful FF member, has someone who can go toe to toe against her.
    Wouldn't really say Spidey and Johnny are really frenemies at this point, they don't even annoy each other that much anymore lol.

But yeah, Sue could always benefit from having someone like that, Darkstar does sound like a decent enough idea at least.

She could maybe have Moonstone being a pain in her ass once in a while too (Though not really as a rival or whatever, it doesn't feel right to go for that), since Karla is a fucking psychopath, and isn't doing much lately, though I wonder if that would mean Karla would eventually have to dress in Sue's costume like it happened with Carol? .

Though Karla would either need a power boost or have to fight very smart, pretty sure Sue is safely above her in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Plus, is there even anyone besides Doom who uses both magic and science in Marvel? I can't think of anyone else, Valeria having that would be cool.

The science/magic combo is rare. Technically, Dr. Strange's surgical talents do qualify as science. In Mark Waid's Unthinkable, Reed was having problems with the basics of magic because of his beliefs. It's probable that not everyone in the MU can do magic even if they had great training. Val, though, is loaded with magical energies from her birth and probably could pick it up. I don't think it would be a good idea to move her along too fast as once she starts successfully casting spells, it's tough to get that genie back in the bottle (literally). At this point in her life, she looks to be using science as her default go to, like her father. She does not seem to have the thought of "you know, magic might work better here". But give Uncle Vic time. He'll perform the proper tweaks to liven up the story.

The science/magic combo is rare. Technically, Dr. Strange's surgical talents do qualify as science. In Mark Waid's Unthinkable, Reed was having problems with the basics of magic because of his beliefs. It's probable that not everyone in the MU can do magic even if they had great training. Val, though, is loaded with magical energies from her birth and probably could pick it up. I don't think it would be a good idea to move her along too fast as once she starts successfully casting spells, it's tough to get that genie back in the bottle (literally). At this point in her life, she looks to be using science as her default go to, like her father. She does not seem to have the thought of "you know, magic might work better here". But give Uncle Vic time. He'll perform the proper tweaks to liven up the story.
    Well, in-universe she has little reason to care about magic, out of universe is why something like that could be better, so she stands out more among other nerds.

Not that magic is the only way to make her stand out, but it is the one that looks he most natural and different, as opposed to "I'm 4% better than my father at gamma radiation!".

Oh and it shouldn't be just this too, I didn't really mind her personality that much under Slott's earliest issues, but after checking her under Hickman, man, her going from the most evil member on the team to some chick who's boy crazy is definitely a downgrade lol.

Like, I can even understand that happening, teenager ****, hormones, figuring out romance or not, that's fine, it's part of growing up, and it happening with her makes sense, it's just silly to delete her most noticeable traits for that, it'd be like making Reed lose interest in science if he decides to spend more time with his family.

So yeah, while her getting magic would be nice to make her stand out, her old personality returning should be a higher priority, even if toned down, characters shouldn't lose such traits completely if it makes them more interesting.