Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I just imagine Sue trying to stay up or trying to force herself to fall asleep when Reed keeps babbling about random science @#$% .
    Force field earplugs.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The moment she nodded off, she'd drop the forcefield... and probably soon be woken up. She needs to be awake to use her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I loved this issue. It shows that Sue is extremely intelligent (many of us thought that as otherwise attracting Reed would be a lot more difficult) The pillow talk comment I took as being pretty much all Reed. Space Boy was a Marvel Boy knockoff heavy on the Kree weaponry. The easiest reasoning behind Sue's knowledge would be Jo, Ben's son. It's hard for me to imagine Jo not being debriefed and hit up for information and knowledge. Now as for the Caldwell Expansion Point, I am unable to find much with a brief cursory search. It does appear to be mixed up with dark energy, so Sue using her powers cosmically and her powers being tied into hyperspace or whatever fits in nicely here. Both she and Johnny went far beyond what I thought they had the science backgrounds for.
    Space Boy even used a version of Marvel Boy's logo. He was definitely an expy of Noh-Varr.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There is one incidence of Sue's powers working when not awake. Avengers when Sue and Reed joined, she unconsciously (they were asleep in Avengers mansion) protected her and Reed from being shot by Nanny and the Orphan Maker.

Earlier when the FF was caught in a nuclear blast (around v. 1 #40, when they lost their powers due to nuclear) she saved them all by a force field that stayed in place though she lost consciousness.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

2022 has had its up and downs for Sue.

Here's to hoping that 2023 is nothing but ups!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Happy New Year for my favorite female character.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Here's to a strong 2023 for Sue .