Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Also Reed's slap is a trope. It's practically a cliche to hit people out of mind control and things like it.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...dOfYourselfMan
    This just made me think. Can you imagine how few female characters there would be if there was no coming back from slapping men. Even as a kid i never really got that. The energy should be the same for anyone being slapped just because someone is beyond using their words.

And context does matter. Like the context of slapping someone because they are possessed in a sense makes sense because it's unnatural and so maybe an unnatural response will bring someone back to their senses. And a slap is a lot nicer than lighting a match which most are taught to do when confronted with the occult.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-20-2022 at 06:06 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This just made me think. Can you imagine how few female characters there would be if there was no coming back from slapping men. Even as a kid i never really got that. The energy should be the same for anyone being slapped just because someone is beyond using their words.
    Reminds me of a "curb your" meme where judges are fine w/ a woman admitting to slapping her bf(s) but loose their minds when a guy says he slapped her gf after she cheated/lied IIRC.Worst part is I had a similar reaction, still don't know why.

It should be the same for both, and people IRL need to keep their hands to themselves

Came to the thread to say i wish Slott gets off the book so we can get a better Sue, been a while since she's done smth big.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Came to the thread to say i wish Slott gets off the book so we can get a better Sue, been a while since she's done smth big.
    Me too. It's really sad and disappointing that every book she's appeared in outside of the Fantastic Four has done more with her these past 3 years.

I hope he leaves after his event.

Sue is really cool in Devil's Reign. Issue 4 preview shows how awesome she is. It also has Reed and Sue be so annoyingly in love like they should be lol.

Devil's Reign is definitely the book to get good Sue content right now.

Please expound, with or without spoilers.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

spoilers:
    Sue and Reed are arrested and sent to jail with power dampers put on them. Sue slyly steals a paperclip when talking with a lawyer and uses it to break free from her restraints and free all the other captured heroes. It's pretty cool and you can see it in the preview for the nest issue: https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...s-reign-4-of-6
    end of spoilers

If you could put Sue on a different team for a year or two, what team would it be?

Can be an existing team or one you've made up.

If you could put Sue on a different team for a year or two, what team would it be?

I'd like to see the Lady Liberators or another female team with Sue on it.

I think there was an outing with the LLs, some 10 or so years ago. New version I think and different.

That would work for me, or even more with Daughters of Liberty.

Maybe these groups could merge even.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to see the Lady Liberators or another female team with Sue on it.
    I don't think an all female team is as important a step as Sue needs right now. She is powerful. She is very capable of handling diverse and other strong conflicting personalities. She is very intelligent. Not Moon Girl or Valeria smart, but enough to maintain Reed's interest. She has shown leadership abilities in the past and has often taken command when needed.

She's capable of being on an A-list Avengers team going toe to toe with Tony and Steve. There are groups out there which would provide some interesting personality matches, but if she is to be shown as a competent superhero, Avengers or nothing.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

It was nice to see Sue be an important part of saving the day in Dark Ages. I hope something similar happens in the final issue of Devil's Reign next week. I'm not holding my breath for her even showing up in the Fantastic Four book next week...

BANNED

It was nice to see Sue be an important part of saving the day in Dark Ages. I hope something similar happens in the final issue of Devil's Reign next week. I'm not holding my breath for her even showing up in the Fantastic Four book next week...
    I didn't know there was a story titled "Devil's Reign" -- how the hell did I miss that? I don't even recall seeing a thread on the title arc. Thanks for the heads up

For me, leading a new team, recruited from the Future Foundation kids