Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Heads up, this weeks free WFA episode dropped, it features Jason and Tim in a funny little ransom situation
    It's great

It was a fun one. WFA needs more Jason.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It was a fun one. WFA needs more Jason.
    I use coins so... If you're a Jason fan you have a few really meaningful episodes coming up.

Extraordinary Member

Red Hood: Outlaws, Zatanna Set Premiere Dates for Webtoon's New DC Series
    WEBTOON and DC just announced the premiere dates for their latest collaborations—Red Hood: Outlaws and Zatanna & The Ripper.

The two upcoming series are the latest titles to come out of the partnership between the two entertainment companies, which began in August 2021. Fans everywhere can read the new series exclusively on the WEBTOON platform, with Zatanna & The Ripper premiering first on July 11 and Red Hood: Outlaws launching on August 14. The release dates were announced at a panel at the Collision Conference in Toronto, which featured a discussion between WEBTOON's head of content David Lee and DC's editor-in-chief Marie Javins about the future of comics.

WEBTOON describes the story of Red Hood: Outlaws, written by Patrick R Young with art by Nico Bascuñán, as follows:

The Outlaws try to go legit—and fail spectacularly. The Justice League has issued a challenge to Red Hood, Artemis of Bana-Mighdall, and Bizarro, who have to try and replace their goody-two-shoe counterparts as the heroes the world neither deserves nor needs. In this original series, the Outlaws will battle some of DC’s biggest Super-Villains and Super Heroes—but their biggest battles are among themselves. Can this team last? And can they find their own identities separate from Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman?

Looking good .

August is a little later than I expected, but otherwise, excited for an actual release date.

The art is pretty cool although I find it curious that Jason has tattoos and the use of the eyes in his red bat is bugging me a lot. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Sweet! New art and a release date And damn that art is nice.

I prefer the full jacket but this design is still pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The art is pretty cool although I find it curious that Jason has tattoos and the use of the eyes in his red bat is bugging me a lot. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.
    Not 100% if it will be consistent throughout the comic, but it looks like the 'eyes' are only on the logo but not on Jasons chest emblem, so that's a potential plus at least.

I wonder what the significance of the tattoos are though. Are they linked to the All-Caste? The League? (Depending on how this story goes) could they be from the Bana-Mighdall? Is it a tribute to Roy since it seems similar to his pre-flashpoint tattoo?
    Or is all speculation wrong and this is just something added for the cool factor?

Between this weeks WFA episode and now this new webtoon art, I find it almost absurd that of all platforms, webtoons can give Jason guns, but not the mainline comics.

While I prefer the full jacket as a whole too, the art and the design are fantatic and I find it a refreshing update that I don't mind sticking around. I can see this becoming one of my favourite Red Hood designs tbh.

I'm not too bothered about the tattoos, but I find them an interesting choice. I also wonder if they'll have some significance or if they'll just be there as a visual element.

And guns! :_

Extraordinary Member

The guns look like he stole them from Robo Cop

People are asking about whether or not the markings on Jasons arm are a tattoo and the artist seems to be giving strangely vague, 'kinda' or 'something like that' answers. Hmm, perhaps they are meant to be magical inscriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The guns look like he stole them from Robo Cop
    You're right, I didn't even notice that, that's awesome

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Hmm, perhaps they are meant to be magical inscriptions?
    Question is if they are using the All caste in this series or if they are going to ignore it.

Man, thinking of it, I really like the design.

Which makes the lack of an ongoing all the sadder. I'm really hopeful for Martinbrough's stuff (and RH's potential design), but that being a limited series is a bummer. Tim is getting an ongoing iirc, so maybe in the future Jason will be as lucky.

Fingers crossed after Martinbrough we finally get a proper RH ongoing