Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The $300 Collectors edition

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Mixed feelings on the Gotham Knights, like everyone else. Nice they're kind of leaning into the mystical side of Jason, but it seems they missed the actual mystical parts of Jason in favor of mystical characters in other video games. I like they also have numerous costume designs with different benefits as well. But Jason being like an un-Venomed Bane kind of big is a bit off. Dick isn't much better, and only smaller in comparison to Jason. Jason is supposed to be 6 foot even. Which is not that big.
    In the game footage Dick doesn't that much shorter than Jason.

And I'm not even sure if they are really that tall or just look like that because Tim and Barbara are so tiny. And that's at least some how accurate to the "official stats" since Tim is (depending on the source) 6-7 inches shorter than Jason. And at least the picture of them in the beyond suits seems to line up with the common heights heights (Jason 6'0'', Dick 5'10'', Barbara 5'7'', Tim 5'5'' or 5'6'').

Might be that Jason just looks that big is that he is build like brig wall.
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-10-2022 at 10:40 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

In feel like the biggest issue with his model is the hair. It’s just doesn’t look aright. If you change that, I think, his overall look would improve quite a bit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Twitter comparing Jason to The Rock

Comments are amazing
    "They turned Jason Todd into a fucking cop"
    "Jason looks like he turns off his body cam"
    "GK Jason wasn't beaten by a crowbard but with an ugly stick"
    30 april - Jason has been relieved of his ugliest man in DCU (shows pictures of Roy)
    16h - Jason has retaken his ugliest man in DCU title (shows GK)
    "Jason is trending but at what cost"
    "New look of Jason and Dick in GK" (picture of Shrek)
    "He looks like he's gonna beat up Peter Parker and steal his lunch money"
    "Take him back to Lazarus pit he's not done cooking"

Since Jason's trending because of his GK mug others have started to spam
    "CLEAR THE SEARCHES! JASON CUTE HOT SEXY BEST BOY"
    "Therapeutic thread of my favorite Jason panels"
    (insert pictures of AK, UTRH, DITF, Rocafort, Soy, Fabok Jason)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-11-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    In feel like the biggest issue with his model is the hair. It’s just doesn’t look aright. If you change that, I think, his overall look would improve quite a bit.
    Yeah, I feel like the janky 'military' style haircut is what's causing the 'issue', otherwise he literally doesn't look all that different from the Arkham Knight version of the character. Didn't expect to see the character trending for this long though, wonder if this will be a sonic situation and they'll actually successfully bully the creators in giving an alternate haircut, aka, 'If Jasons barber didn't didn't mess him up' DLC. XD

Also check out some tweets from Phillip Kennedy Johnson, the writer for this Green Lantern special.
    https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...37815214366722
    https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...67654206066690

PKJ - I love Jason as a GL. NEVER quits, holds firmly to what he believes, and will happily fight 'til there's nothing left but blood and dust. He's never been associated with GLs all that much, but if he'd never fallen in with Batman, I think he would have made a DOPE Lantern.

And in response to Jason being more thought of by people as a Red Lantern as opposed to a Green Lantern.

PKJ - On his face, yeah, but I don't think that's the core of him. I don't see him as super rage-driven as much as just... "I dare you."

Honestly, that's pretty spot on, I like what I'm reading here. Also, this is the same writer for that one Tales of the Multiverse Batman Hush book.
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-11-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Found the horny one!

"This Jason is built like a tank and he looks like he'll disrespect me correctly. Yeah he may be trash, but I'm a fucking garbage collector"

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Also check out some tweets from Phillip Kennedy Johnson, the writer for this Green Lantern special.

PKJ - I love Jason as a GL. NEVER quits, holds firmly to what he believes, and will happily fight 'til there's nothing left but blood and dust. He's never been associated with GLs all that much, but if he'd never fallen in with Batman, I think he would have made a DOPE Lantern.

And in response to Jason being more thought of by people as a Red Lantern as opposed to a Green Lantern.

PKJ - On his face, yeah, but I don't think that's the core of him. I don't see him as super rage-driven as much as just... "I dare you."

Honestly, that's pretty spot on, I like what I'm reading here. Also, this is the same writer for that one Tales of the Multiverse Batman Hush book.
    My issue is that being a GL is way out of Jason's field and interests. Without Bruce pulling him into the crazy world of superheroes he would be the kind of guy that would remain focused on the streets and trying to help people to avoid going through the same hardships he went. Something that has been consistent whenever he has been shown in alternate takes where he didn't join Bruce. And PKJ also shows either a biased or incomplete understanding of a Red Lantern's nature. The Red Lanterns' core creed is to avenge all those defenseless beings that suffered unfairly at the hands of the powerful, not just rage for rage's sake. And that lines perfectly with Jason's own views of justice since he has always been about standing up for the little guy through any means necessary.

Going back to GK, I just find the backlash about Jason's design to be completely baffling. For years, one of the biggest criticisms I've seen thrown around at him and his brothers is that all of them look like mini versions of Bruce so much that standing out among them is one of the main justifications for keeping the white streak; so I'd assumed that getting an entirely distinctive look -that also is informed by fanon takes like being bigger and more muscular than Dick and Tim, the scars- would be exactly the thing they always asked for. Even the buzzcut fits into this take since this version of Jason is one that has gone through more hardships compared to other takes. And isn't like this is the first time he has been sporting a buzzcut anyway.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t even mind the buzz cut itself, it’s just a bad looking buzz cut. Give the man a proper looking fade and he’ll look just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    My issue is that being a GL is way out of Jason's field and interests. Without Bruce pulling him into the crazy world of superheroes he would be the kind of guy that would remain focused on the streets and trying to help people to avoid going through the same hardships he went. Something that has been consistent whenever he has been shown in alternate takes where he didn't join Bruce.
    In complete fairness, I don't think becoming a GL is something he'd choose to do if not for Bruce, generally becoming a GL isn't exactly a career option that people simply take up, the rings choose the bearers. I think if we were assigning rings for Jason based on his character, a ring of Willpower would be just as plausible as a ring of Rage.

Going back to GK, I just find the backlash about Jason's design to be completely baffling.
    Well, that haircut is a little much, like Arsenal said, at least give the man a proper fade XD.
    But, I am surprised by the intensity of this backlash.
    I reckon complaints would largely cease if he simply had a longer hairstyle, similar as he did in Rebirth or Three Jokers or something.
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-11-2022 at 09:45 AM.

I actually kind of dig Jason's design here.

I could take or leave the buzz. The scar and having Jason as the biggest, is all good. Looking jacked enough to bench Venom'ed out Bane is a little weird though.

As for twitter, some of those comments are why I usually avoid the place. And then there's comments like this;
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Found the horny one!

"This Jason is built like a tank and he looks like he'll disrespect me correctly. Yeah he may be trash, but I'm a fucking garbage collector"
    Funny, yet disturbing all at the same time. Twitter in a nutshell.

Yeah, I feel like the janky 'military' style haircut is what's causing the 'issue', otherwise he literally doesn't look all that different from the Arkham Knight version of the character. Didn't expect to see the character trending for this long though, wonder if this will be a sonic situation and they'll actually successfully bully the creators in giving an alternate haircut, aka, 'If Jasons barber didn't didn't mess him up' DLC. XD
    Are you kidding? Jaw and chin, eyeshape even, and built, are straight different to his 3D model in AK. Who was muscular and big, but still looked like someone not from the WWE. Darn, Jason here is even bigger thsn John Cena. Dick too is just tooo big and muscular).

Edit: nevermind. I thought you said that he did look like, not didn't look like. I'm too tired from work it seems.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-11-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Shares my thoughts and views overall. I choose to like him and hope for something good here.

(Edited: reds may be about vengeance, ok. But Jason isn't driven by it enough to fuel a ring by rage all the time. The thing about Jason being street level is a good point. But then, it's not even the first one yo give him something cosmic. Lobdell made him go space adventure, Dini did, too, with the multiverse hopping. And then, he goes global again with Lobdell and Tynion and Bendis for different stuff from dealing with Luthor, to the League, to the egyptian amazons. Never epic, but not always too local either. This seems to be just a fun idea for a what if anyways, anything goes)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-11-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Are you kidding? Jaw and chin, eyeshape even, and built, are straight different to his 3D model in AK. Who was muscular and big, but still looked like someone not from the WWE. Darn, Jason here is even bigger thsn John Cena. Dick too is just tooo big and muscular).

Edit: nevermind. I thought you said that he did look like, not didn't look like. I'm too tired from work it seems.
    Bit confused, but I think your first assessment was correct hah. You're right, the nose, jaw and chin, (especially in a profile comparison) are pretty different.

I think I do prefer the Arkham Knight face model, and no I don't think the character models look exactly alike, of course they differ, but to be clear my point was more so they are both the same 'face type', as in built dude with strong bone structure. I didn't think the general design was that far of a departure, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Shares my thoughts and views overall. I choose to like him and hope for something good here.
    At the end of the day it's just a one shot, which is probably for the best given how much 'fighting for the spotlight' there already is among the Green Lanterns.

Even the buzzcut fits into this take since this version of Jason is one that has gone through more hardships compared to other takes.
    Is this about the scar or was there other information about his resurrection in this universe that I missed? (or forgot about, it's been a while)
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-11-2022 at 11:12 AM.