Incredible Member

Is she talking to Jason here?

What comic / issue is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

Looks like Dceased: Unkillables.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

And, to continue Drako's post; its either Jason or Slade. Don't remember which.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It's from issue #1 of Unkillables, she's talking to Slade.

Sigh

Not even Waid can tell a different story.

Yep. Glad I skipped Batman vs Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    He did the same for Black Panther's mask in Ewings Ultimates

Its a weird thing with Rocafort
    I actually think it works pretty well here, it's a bit weird on Jason though
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Do they not get tired of rehashing the same shit, especially with this weird portrayal of Jason during his Robin days.

Also, how are there still not news about the Martinbrough series? Three possibilities:
    1. It got delayed (most likely).
    2. It's being retooled as an ongoing (lol, right).
    3. It's getting canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That was because at that point even Lobdell and Pantalena were sick of the look but editorial had mandated that there wouldn't be a new outfit for Jason until after Three Jokers was published. Evidently, they expected it to be a massive hit and use that look for Jason moving forward but since it flopped, we got stuck with the MK suit.
    Well, I'd say they should have kept it if the alternative was the MK thing :P It looks very stylized and simple, yet identifiable. Also easy to cosplay, if they wanted that..

Like, the MK outfit isn't awful. In isolation I actually like it. But man, is it worse than most of his other outfits, feels artificial despite its simplicity and is just... tired. At least the Joker book's artist draws it really well and looks cool there. I like his Jason, as well.

As for the Three Jokers getup, I did like it a lot, but lot of it was due to Fabok's amazing art (his Jason is one of my favourites by far, too). The Robin shit is too tacky and on the nose, but I genuinely like the leather hoodie a lot and the colour scheme is good.

The foolish hope is that Martinbrough's series gives him a new outfit and that DC will for one stick with it for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 11-08-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Hmm, are we sure this was the work of the 'sword of sin' and not the 'sword of saying heinous crap to your kid'?

For real though, I haven't read any issues, but I've seen plenty of panels on twitter so far, and not a single one of them has convinced me there's anything remotely 'good' in this book.
    This was an easy skip.

Sigh

Not even Waid can tell a different story.
    A writer treating Jason like dirt? That's not even remotely shocking, at this point that's the rule at DC not the exception.
    What's actually surprising is that Waid couldn't get ANY of the Robins right, not even Dick, the one getting great writing over at Worlds Finest.

Nightwing #98 has Jason on the jacket.

Not just the jacket, but the whole Rebirth suit, exposed wrists and all, it's truly the best.
    Another great thing about this outfit is that where as some of Jasons other outfits can look goofy or lame depending on the artist, this one looks good every time.
    My only dilemma for designs is that, I love Jason with a black jacket as well, but I feel like I've come to associate him with the brown one more. The brown, grey/black, and red colour scheme just looks so great.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-15-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Nightwing #98 has Jason on the jacket.

This took an Imp turn, didn't it?

BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS – GILDED CITY #5

Infected with the Golden Iris Virus, Red Hood’s innermost desires have bubbled to the surface, and he is overcome by one thing: the desire for revenge against Batman! Elsewhen, in the Gotham of the 1800s, the Runaway and Vandal Savage continue their investigation into the mysterious illness overtaking the city. Join us for this penultimate chapter in the prequel to the action-packed game Gotham Knights. Each issue will also offer a code for readers to redeem in the Gotham Knights game for an exclusive item. For issue #5, readers will receive a code for an exclusive skin variant for Gilded Age Bo Staff! Readers who redeem the codes for all six issues will receive a special seventh item!

BATMAN: BEYOND THE WHITE KNIGHT #8

It all ends here! With the future of Gotham City at stake, Bruce Wayne leads an attack on the Wayne-Powers building to take down Blight and his minions once and for all. And with the new Batman, the Robins, and GCPD’s Barbara Gordon at his side, anything seems possible. But not all endings will be happy: Bruce is still an escaped felon, and the FBI is hot on his tail. Could this be the end of Batman? Not if the mysterious Agent Prince has anything to say about it!