Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Batman White Knight Presents: Red Hood

https://twitter.com/SimoneDiMeo_/sta...20198072369155

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That is a really cool Jason.

If nothing else, the mini is going to be a visual treat

I don't like the WK mask as a Red Hood one (it's cool in isolation), but it looks fantastic in that piece and the suit I've always liked a lot. I'll read it for sure, although I can't say I'm a big fan of WK (beyond the fantastic art).

Man, when are they gonna show Gotham Knights

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I don't like the WK mask as a Red Hood one (it's cool in isolation), but it looks fantastic in that piece and the suit I've always liked a lot. I'll read it for sure, although I can't say I'm a big fan of WK (beyond the fantastic art).

Man, when are they gonna show Gotham Knights
    The video game or the now potentially canceled show?

Quoting myself from the other thread:

Issue #7 was nice. A transitional issue, but I liked the catch'em all vibe it gave. It confirms that Jason indeed was given the resin. His back is scarless now, unlike in issue 2 or 3. The Twins were experimenting with him most likely. And they love to just go get him by surprise. Especially when he's naked. The creeps.

I liked Two-Face this issue. You feel the guy trying his best to intimidate the CEO. And then Jason facepalming when everything but that (hard to do) part of the plan goes screwed was funny. That was such a Brucey thing to do. And Jason's way to win the fight with Zsazs was nice too.

Not a great chapter, but it was a nice, alright read.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-03-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Quoting myself from the other thread:
    Yeah, with Jason busy trying to keep zombies and corporate backstabbing from hitting the rest of Gotham, Deathstroke, I believe, wanted to talk to him more than the other Batman-associated characters in Shadow War. I guess to find out "what is going on between him and Rose". Plus, like Damian, he has ties to Talia.

I keep forgetting about Jason's current book releases, despite enjoying both TFZ and FS:G.

I really hope we get info on Martinbrough's mini sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The video game or the now potentially canceled show?
    Definitely not the show lol.

I'm very excited about the game. I love the Arkham series, but I think GK has a way more appealing aesthetic for both the characters and the city, and I couldn't be happier about finally getting a open world Gotham City that's actually populated, looks a livable (if dangerous) city and where I can free-roam as Jason. There's some stuff that I'm wary about (the potential loot problems and the shared narrative), but I can't wait.

I think I enjoyed the more slower pace of this TFZ issue. It still somehow managed to squeeze in yet another betrayal, but it also felt a little more mellow thanks to the 'collectathon' and the lack of imminent threats. By far Harvey is the most entertaining part of the series, especially with how much he is 'out of his depth' in this entire operation.

When it comes to Jason, I do enjoy more of his ruthless side coming out when dealing with these villains, nice to see he hasn't gone completely soft on Gothams worst. (pretty sure Zsasz was dead on the table lined up with other villains, so, was the implication in the story that Jason choked Zsasz out with his boot while freeing him?) Also Jason working smarter, not harder, feels much more aligned with his old self.

All in all, same thing as most other weeks, still difficult to quantify what this series is trying to say, but it's been quite the ride, so gonna have to see it through to the end I suppose.
    Three things though, One, where is Astrid? Unless I missed something, it seems, she just disappeared from the story, and hasn't really been mentioned since. Did she die (again)? Was her body not recovered?
    Two, Oh, so Zsasz doesn't like the new costume either? Well you know what they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    And Three, usually I'll dock a point for the dual crowbars. But I think this week is the first time I've seen the crowbars actually being used as crowbars should, so I'll let this one slide.
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-04-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    When it comes to Jason, I do enjoy more of his ruthless side coming out when dealing with these villains, nice to see he hasn't gone completely soft on Gothams worst. (pretty sure Zsasz was dead on the table lined up with other villains, so, was the implication in the story that Jason choked Zsasz out with his boot while freeing him?) Also Jason working smarter, not harder, feels much more aligned with his old self.
    I guess he was? I though he was merely leaving him unconscious. But it does makes sense if he killed him. Didn' get to notice his corpse there. Zsasz is very, very nasty as far as rogues go, by the people he preys on, and why and how.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-04-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I guess he was? I though he was merely leaving him unconscious. But it does makes sense if he killed him. Didn' get to notice his corpse there. Zsasz is very, very nasty as far as rogues go, by the people he preys on, and why and how.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Jason has a list of people that he wouldn't mind putting on a slab. With Zsasz pretty close to the top.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I think I enjoyed the more slower pace of this TFZ issue. It still somehow managed to squeeze in yet another betrayal, but it also felt a little more mellow thanks to the 'collectathon' and the lack of imminent threats. By far Harvey is the most entertaining part of the series, especially with how much he is 'out of his depth' in this entire operation.

All in all, same thing as most other weeks, still difficult to quantify what this series is trying to say, but it's been quite the ride, so gonna have to see it through to the end I suppose.
    Three things though, One, where is Astrid? Unless I missed something, it seems, she just disappeared from the story, and hasn't really been mentioned since. Did she die (again)? Was her body not recovered?
    Two, Oh, so Zsasz doesn't like the new costume either? Well you know what they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    And Three, usually I'll dock a point for the dual crowbars. But I think this week is the first time I've seen the crowbars actually being used as crowbars should, so I'll let this one slide.
    I don't see anything smarter about what Jason is doing.

Let's go killing a bunch of psychos to raise them as zombies, why? Being turned into a zombie doesn't do anything to guarantee their loyalty and their only leverage, the promise of bringing them back, is gone because they don't have resin. But you do know who can make good of that promise? Powers, so if anything their zombified grunts can be bought by the enemy.

And why do they need zombies in the first place? They don't offer any tactical advantage, they're as vulnerable as a regular human with the added risk of them going feral or just outright falling apart in the middle of a mission if their resin runs low. Coercing them while being alive to join the team makes a lot more sense since at least that way Jason won't have to worry about his team blowing into pieces midway through the mission. Oh, and killing bad guys is a moot point if the whole point is bringing them back immediately.

And how didn't he see Freeze's betrayal coming a mile away? Hell, why he didn't do the logical thing and secure their supply of resin before going on a killing spree? At this point, he must be aware that the twins are Two-Face are unreliable and incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I don't see anything smarter about what Jason is doing.
    I was literally just referring to the line Jason says to Zsasz before flipping the car onto him, not so much the very concept of the series.

You're gonna have to take all that up with the writer, cause (and I do agree btw) the whole 'bringing villains back as zombies despite the lack of control' thing, has been a glaring issue for the series since day one.

Here's just the final version for the White Knight Red Hood 2 cover
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CdJySQHrj4w/

Also if I'm not mistaken isn't Get Joker 3 finally, FINALLY being released this week? A ten month long, three issue series XD
    I'm gonna have to go back and reread the other two issues, I don't remember where it left off anymore.
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-05-2022 at 04:57 PM.

I was literally just referring to the line Jason says to Zsasz before flipping the car onto him, not so much the very concept of the series.

You're gonna have to take all that up with the writer, cause (and I do agree btw) the whole 'bringing villains back as zombies despite the lack of control' thing, has been a glaring issue for the series since day one.

Here's just the final version for the White Knight Red Hood 2 cover -
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CdJySQHrj4w/

Also if I'm not mistaken isn't Get Joker 3 finally, FINALLY being released this week? A ten month long, three issue series XD
    I'm gonna have go back and reread the other two issues, I don't remember where it left off anymore.
    Jason, Harley, and a few others ditch a bar/club after slashing Joker's throat, and findout kiddy diddler Toyman is a robot and a mole for Joker. And Waller died.

Honestly, probably the most sane interactions between Harley and Jason in most writings in general.

Gameplay for Nightwing and Red Hood is dropping tomorrow.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/st...94379239882752

edited: whoops too slow

But anyways, it's about damn time. We still haven't heard anything from Jasons V.A, and no proper gameplay from either Nightwing or Red Hood, so I'm looking forward to this one.
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-09-2022 at 09:33 AM.