Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He's so traumatized his lips disappeared in one panel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I assumed the two flashes were representative of the tv series flash and the new upcoming movie flash.
    But non of the costumes looks imo like the movie Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But non of the costumes looks imo like the movie Flash.
    I'm pretty sure it's the one on the right side of the SDCC poster.

Red suit, lightning bolts on side of head, gold boots with red cutting through them, gold armbands, white circle on chest with lightning symbol.

I don't see anything that doesn't necessarily match the new films suit, it even looks like the artist tried adding all those 'bluish' lines that are found running all over the costume (I think those are leds that light up in the film at times). All in all, it's a close enough rendition.

https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...53140809261056
    Last edited by RedBird; 06-30-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

We really need a higher resolution of that picture.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the one on the right side of the SDCC poster.

Red suit, lightning bolts on side of head, gold boots with red cutting through them, gold armbands, white circle on chest with lightning symbol.

I don't see anything that doesn't necessarily match the new films suit, it even looks like the artist tried adding all those 'bluish' lines that are found running all over the costume (I think those are leds that light up in the film at times). All in all, it's a close enough rendition.

https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...53140809261056
    Ok I was assuming they would still use a costume similar to the one from the JL movie.

All the new Robin footage for Gotham Knights looked quite fine btw. I hope the game comes out in a good state and that whatever awkward thing from the demo a few months ago can be chalked up to it being a work-in-progress (duh) and, perhaps, not a great player. The new stuff reminded me more of the Batgirl presentation two years ago, at least.

I'll still dislike Jason's face and hair :P I'd wish for a redesign, but I know it's unfeasible this late in development. A slight retouch of certain things would be great, though. Or at least the ability to use a different hairstyle, like the other characters. But Jason usually wears helmets, so I don't think that'll happen.

I also hope they give him some Rebirth-like getup (so far all jackets are sleeveless iirc).

The skins they've shown so far for all characters have been too... gimmicky.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 07-01-2022 at 03:54 AM.

I'm probably reading too much but I looked at Martinbrough's site and was revamped. The mention of a Red Hood mini is gone but now he's described as "the writer of Red Hood for DC Comics" in a wording that comes off like a regular job and not a temporary one.

https://shawnmartinbrough.com/bio/

I'm curious how do you all feel about the Webtoon. So far we have the Red hood mini series by Sean and the WEBTOON comic.

Hard to have a definitive posture about the webtoon when the only thing we've seen is a single piece of promotional art and what could've been sketches about the Trinity. The art at least seems to be really good but there's nothing to get a feeling of what the writer could do. That said, I'm just happy for more Jason solo content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm probably reading too much but I looked at Martinbrough's site and was revamped. The mention of a Red Hood mini is gone but now he's described as "the writer of Red Hood for DC Comics" in a wording that comes off like a regular job and not a temporary one.
    Could just be a simple revision to be more direct, but who knows.

There's been another tweet of the writing process continuing though. https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...28744385925122
    I'm kinda surprised by how early this book was announced, (back in January) considering there hasn't been any word since of a creative team or a solicitation yet.

I miss this dynamic between Bruce and Jason. Source is Batman #402

Maybe after Task Force Z's umpteenth repetition of the "Batfamily vs angry, out of line Jason" plot beat, we'll get a new status quo for Jason and his family starting with Martinbrough's stuff.

If only.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 07-04-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Maybe after Task Force Z's umpteenth repetition of the "Batfamily vs angry, out of line Jason" plot beat, we'll get a new status quo for Jason and his family starting with Martinbrough's stuff.

If only.
    Well, Martinbrough has mentioned multiple times that his story is a direct followup to this Hill story and that one ended with Bruce welcoming him back so hopefully it means he will ignore everything that happened in Urban Legends and TFZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well, Martinbrough has mentioned multiple times that his story is a direct followup to this Hill story and that one ended with Bruce welcoming him back so hopefully it means he will ignore everything that happened in Urban Legends and TFZ
    That's really encouraging, as I quite liked the ending. For as short and kinda sudden as it was, it was very effective.

Foolishly hoping that that SDCC Red Hood drawing is a tease for a new (hopefully now ongoing instead of limited) solo book with that as his new design. Although it's unlikely, as the art seems to be focused on stuff outside of comics.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 07-04-2022 at 11:38 AM.

For those curious, the second and final part of Jasons PTSD themed episode from WFA is out.
    It's as sugary as all these WFA episodes are of course, but the sweet ending with Jason and Bruce is still nice to see.