Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Latest webtoon dropped. Things went from bad, to "now the lectures are about to start" real fast.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I just read TFZ #12, it was underwhelming.

Thankfully, it doesn't hurt Jason's status quo as the solicits had made me fear but it also highlights how Jason was just forced into this book without a clear plan for him other than driving up sales. In practical matters is almost as if this past year was utterly meaningless for him.

spoilers:
    Jason talking down Gotham and lecturing about revenge is the first time that I see Jason from Lobdell and Martinbrough's issues shine through but in the context of this series, it makes him come off like a complete hypocrite. Literally, his entire driving force through the series was getting revenge on everyone so he has no ground to stand with anything he says to Gotham. The final scene with Harvey was the best part of the book (and I guess it pretty much confirms that Penguin being the one who "killed" Willis is still canon) but it also gets undermined by the ending since it seems that Two Face is back and now with a bunch of powered zombies as his goons.

And then, much like Freeze literally walked out of the book to be on Detective, Jason is literally shipped off to the Joker's book. So we're looking at yet another period where Jason will be dragged around in a book that is not his and that ultimately will be meaningless.
    end of spoilers

Well, Jason and Steph at least being friends is one step forward in something at least.

And maybe, hopefully, Jason puts the Joker out of our misery until the next reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Jason and Steph at least being friends is one step forward in something at least.

And maybe, hopefully, Jason puts the Joker out of our misery until the next reboot.
    Putting aside the Jason and Steph have little to no interactions, the few interactions they've had recently like in Robins already show them on friendly terms so there at most, this is just lining up with those interactions.

And there's absolutely no way DC is killing Joker, much less on a title he's the main character of.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Putting aside the Jason and Steph have little to no interactions, the few interactions they've had recently like in Robins already show them on friendly terms so there at most, this is just lining up with those interactions.
    I also kind of feel that they seem to close for the little interactions they had before, and I think it is not even clear if Robins is canon.

I've read the last issue of Task Force Z.
    spoilers:

Honestly? I liked it a lot. It ties the story pretty well. But I don't know why it was Steph the one who looked for him and not anyone else /who has more of a relationship with, I mean). I guess all the others were still a bit mad at Jason for tricking and stealing them before. Anyways, it's nice, I like her being friends with Jason.
    Anyways. I think, the thing that I liked the most about this series, besides all the fun action and bizarre horror pulpy style and gore, it was Harvey's dynamic with Jason. Harvey is a baddie that I like quite a lot and have a soft spot for (same as I have for Deathshot). And the actual villain, Bloom, was pretty good.
    end of spoilers

For me, I think this book has become one that I could recommend to people who look for plain fun with a nice end.

-------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I also kind of feel that they seem to close for the little interactions they had before, and I think it is not even clear if Robins is canon.
    Edit: Everything is canon. They have thrown any sense of canon out the window and they stick with whatever the next writer likes from previous works for the continuity in every new story. So, I guess Robins could be somewhat canon for this story.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-27-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

And there's absolutely no way DC is killing Joker, much less on a title he's the main character of.
    I think the book is only a Joker book in name like Tynion's run, I imagine the book will be in Jason's POV like how Gordon was the main character of the last run.

Incredible Member

It really seemed like TFZ #12 was supposed to end differently.
    I guess things changed, and so everything in the recent issue was just kind of meh.

We got Jason apologizing to Bruce in a letter. We got Steph, of all members of the batfam, now being the closest to Jason. There was no building up to that, and it mostly felt like Rosenberg burnt the bridges with Dick and Tim, Babs is too much involved with Dick at the moment, and as Steph no longer seems close to Tim, Rosenberg decided to pair her with Jason with no context as to when they became such great friends.

Overall, this entire series was skippable and the grand status quo change that was promised is literally non-existent.

I haven't read #12 yet, but is Jason going to appear on The Joker's new book coming next week?

I've been very out of the loop, so I didn't know/remember that this was even part of the first issue, I figured Jason would appear later on:
    The world once again holds its breath as The Joker strikes again! But how far is he willing to go this time? From the twisted minds of Matthew Rosenberg (Task Force Z, What’s the Furthest Place from Here?) and Carmine Di Giandomenico (Batman: The Knight) comes a violent, mind-bending new series that picks up from the cataclysmic end of The Joker and follows the mayhem across the United States. With the Clown Prince of Crime setting out on his most bizarre caper yet, will a fan-favorite vigilante be able to prevent certain tragedy? Or is he in on the joke?

In the back-up—Joker’s got a hot date but he’s going to need a mirror to make sure he looks nice. Maybe Mirror Master can help.
    If only this was a definite way for Jason to deal with Joker **** in the main continuity... It defines him, yes, but going in circles with this and with the conflict with Bruce is so annoying, the character is trapped in some perpetual hell.

Killing him here is something I don't expect to happen, but I hope he moves on and hopefully goes on to do his own **** mostly detached from Gotham.

Also, now that there are no zombies, I hope they give him a more streamlined outfit, but I doubt it. At least let him wear a jacket or a cloak.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 09-28-2022 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Also, now that there are no zombies, I hope they give him a more streamlined outfit, but I doubt it. At least let him wear a jacket or a cloak.
    Agreed. I'd even settle for him wearing a vest...

I haven't read #12 yet, but is Jason going to appear on The Joker's new book coming next week?

I've been very out of the loop, so I didn't know/remember that this was even part of the first issue, I figured Jason would appear later on:

If only this was a definite way for Jason to deal with Joker **** in the main continuity... It defines him, yes, but going in circles with this and with the conflict with Bruce is so annoying, the character is trapped in some perpetual hell.

Killing him here is something I don't expect to happen, but I hope he moves on and hopefully goes on to do his own **** mostly detached from Gotham.

*Sad Grundy noises*

For what is worth, covers with Jason in them revealed in the past two months have him back on the Rebirth costume or something that looks a lot like it.

And yeah, Jason is on the Joker book next week which is a direct follow-up to TFZ. Honestly, I don't see how can make something interesting of that premise. The only acceptable closure for Jason/Joker is one of them killing the other, and there is no way that editorial is going to let either of the die, much less on a random series like that. If you just want to have a story of Jason on the road fighting baddies or whatever you don't need to use Joker as an excuse, the reasons for Jason to have a bone to pick with Joker are both extremely obvious and addressed to death by now -unlike Gordon's- and you can't really have them to bond somewhat without completely assassinating Jason as a character.

For what is worth, covers with Jason in them revealed in the past two months have him back on the Rebirth costume or something that looks a lot like it.

And yeah, Jason is on the Joker book next week which is a direct follow-up to TFZ. Honestly, I don't see how can make something interesting of that premise. The only acceptable closure for Jason/Joker is one of them killing the other, and there is no way that editorial is going to let either of the die, much less on a random series like that. If you just want to have a story of Jason on the road fighting baddies or whatever you don't need to use Joker as an excuse, the reasons for Jason to have a bone to pick with Joker are both extremely obvious and addressed to death by now -unlike Gordon's- and you can't really have them to bond somewhat without completely assassinating Jason as a character.
    Only clown Jason may not have a bone to pick with is The Jester.

Jason's most likely the POV of that book, so, yeah.
    I don't think there's a soul that expects them to kill Joker in any shape or time, but I do think they're going to bring back the jacket.

A five-figure set of all the bat family is up for preorder on Amazon. The version of Jason included is the Three Jokers one without the helmet and with a cracked helmet as an accessory. Not bad but personally I don't think it is worth $100

Also, Jason's head looks oddly big.

The preview for the Joker book is out, no Jason, and I hope he isn't the one narrating because that is the most generic and trite explanation about Joker. And Harve is back into full Two-Face mode with no zombies at his side so not a great follow-up to TFZ.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/30/dc...ed-laughing-1/