Page 1 of 77 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2022

"I'm my own man! Me, Jason Todd!"

(Batman #408)

Jason Peter Todd, born and risen in Lady City of Gotham's crudest part, came to become the second Robin, the Red Hood and the Wingman; the Arkham Knight of a different, grimmer universe; The damned prince of Gotham who suffered and died by the hand of the clown prince of crime - but also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest and who made his way back from the grave.

Vigilante, avenger: he fights for fairness, for setting the wrong right and for defending and protecting those who cannot fend themselves, and he will do so crossing lines into dark areas or delivering a brutal brand of justice. A daring and sassy adventurer who has traveled not only this world and the space, but other universes. A flawed man who fights not only the monsters out but also inside, who fears the ghosts of memories and suffers from them and despite that will fight back with determination. A man who can despise himself as much as he despises others; Who makes mistakes but also rights; Who can love as much as long for being loved, and hate as much as he loves. Who can lose himself in anger as well as in loneliness.

Jason Peter Todd is a complex character, product of a complex editorial history. This is his appreciation thread and this is how we come to appreciate and ramble about him.

------------------------

Current/Upcoming Appearances:

• The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing, written by Matthew Rosenberg, art by Carmine Di Giandomenico.
    • Beyond the White Knight written/drawn by Sean Murphy (Batman: White Knight elseworld)
    • Lazarus Planet: Next Evolution #1 (oneshot), Written by RAM V, BRANDON T. SNIDER, CHUCK BROWN, and DELILAH S. DAWSON. Art by LALIT KUMAR, LAURA BRAGA, ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES, and RO and STEIN
    • Batman: Legends of Gotham #1 (oneshot), written by Andy Diggle, art by Karl Mostert.
    • (webtoon) Red Hood: Outlaws, written by Patrick R. Young with art by Nico Bascuñán
    • (webtoon) Batman: Wayne Family Adventures S2, written by CRC Payne, with art by StarBite
    • Batman: Gotham Knights – Gilded City (elseworld based on the game)
    • Minor appearances in Batman vs Robin.
    • Shawn Martinbrough upcomming 6 issues miniseries.

Recent notable comic appearances

• Task Force Z, written by Matthew Rosenberg, with art by Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira
    • Future State: Gotham written by Joshua Williamson and Dennis Culver, with art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    • Beyond the White Knight: Red Hood (2 issues mini set in the Batman White Knight elseworld)
    • Minor appearances in the Dark Crisis event.
    • Worlds Without a Justice League – Green Lantern (elseworld tied to Dark Crisis)
    • Robins written by Tim Seeley, with art by Baldemar Rivas (DC Round Robin)
    • Suicide Squad: Get Joker! written by Brian Azzarello, with art by Alex Maleev
    • DC vs Vampires, written by James Tynion IV and Matthew Rosenberg, with art by Otto Schmidt
    • Titans United, written by Cavan Scott, with art by Jose Luis
    • Future State: Dark Detective #2 and #4: The Red Hood written by Joshua Williamson, with art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    • Batman: Urban Legends (Anthology) #1-#6: Batman/Red Hood written by Chip Zdarsky, with art by Eddy Barrows (collected in Batman: Urban Legends Vol. 1)
    • The Road to Task Force Z - back-up in Detective Comics #1041 - #1043, written by Matthew Rosenberg, with art by Darick Robertson

Other media:

• Gotham Knights game (10/25/2022)
    • Harley Quinn S3 flashback cameo.

Quick reading guide

Step 1: Watch Batman: Under the Red Hood
    Step 2: Read the current Rebirth run of Red Hood and the Outlaws (renamed Red Hood: Outlaw with issue 27
    • and Red Hood with issue 51), trades:
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 - Dark Trinity
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 - Who is Artemis?
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 3 - Bizarro Reborn
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 4 - Good Night Gotham
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 - Requiem for an Archer
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 2 - Prince of Gotham
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 3 - Generation Outlaw
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 4 - Unspoken Truths

Old Threads
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2021
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2020
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight, Prince of Gotham Appreciation 2019

Fanfic recommendations:

List of recommended fanfics (info)

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree(s) of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree(s) of this thread. No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

------------------------

This info wouldn't be so thorough and organised without @Sergard's help.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-18-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Sorry about the blurry pics. I guess it's just how this forum deals with uploading pictures. I'll try find some other place to upload them later. I also want to upload a pic with the classic costume, but I can't decide which one.

Have a happy New Year you all!
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-01-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Happy New Year to Jason and his fans .

And we are back.

The Robin gravitated towards and gave a Great Bat Movie.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Jason

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And here we go again.

I'm a little late, but still, Happy New Year everyone

Thanks for making the thread! And happy new year to all!

2022 should be interesting for Jason. Off the top of my head, there's Gotham Knights, which looks genuinely fantastic (even if I'm a tad wary of how they'll handle the split narrative and the loot). Exploring an actually populated open-world Gotham City as Red Hood is what I've always wanted.

Then, there's the conclusion for TFZ, which I guess could be interesting in its own right and also, maybe, regarding a new status quo. And, of course, Martinbrough's thing. I'm surprised it was "announced" that way and no one echoed the news, because I think it's pretty straight-forward that, at the very least, he's in the process of writing some RH-related stuff. I hope it's picked-up and that it's a solo ongoing with an exciting status quo shake that maybe sees him do his own stuff far from the Batfamily for a while. I'd take anything, though, as long as it's well written and drawn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In any case, I caught up with TFZ the other day and, while I'm still largely uninterested in this (at least as Jason's main gig), I thought last two issues were better than #1 and overall fun. There's still a lot I don't love, but yeah.

I liked the Crispin thing, as well as the Bane stuff. Sadly, it'll likely be immediately reversed, but I'm glad they actually addressed the elephant in the room and showed Jason still conforming to his own ideology and thought process even after letting go of the guns. I hope it's not framed, as some said in the last thread, as him being childish, emotional and wrong, as well as I hope that he's not remorseful or anything.

Also:
    https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...730308/photo/1
    Red Ronin 1.jpg
    https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...421312/photo/1
    Red Ronin 2.jpg
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 01-02-2022 at 04:53 AM.

I'm hoping that his fanfics update more frequently, as a lot of them either slowed down drastically, or were just outright abandoned. Not that I don't understand why, as Covid has affected everyone, everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm hoping that his fanfics update more frequently, as a lot of them either slowed down drastically, or were just outright abandoned. Not that I don't understand why, as Covid has affected everyone, everywhere.
    It's been a slow year since late in the summer, yeah. But I think it may gain some momentum after February.

Apparently Martinbrough's stuff is gonna be 6 issues long:
    "Shawn is writing a new, soon to be announced Gotham City project for DC Comics.
    The six part series will be released in 2022…"
    REDHOOD-Logo.jpg
    https://shawnmartinbrough.com/2021/1...c-comics-2022/
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/shaw...om-dc-in-2022/

Really wanted an ongoing, but hey. Red Hood's Hill arc was fun, and I'm curious to see this book's angle. Gotham City seems to be the setting, in any case, so they're likely keeping Jason in the Batfamily's vicinity.

I assume it won't be released until halfway through 2022 at the earliest, as this hasn't yet been formally announced and I suppose we'll have to see TFZ conclude before this releases.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 01-03-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Well, disappointing is yet another mini instead of an ongoing but I trust Martinbrough to make the most out of those six issues. I hope this series does drop before TFZ ends because the sooner Jason is in another series, the better. March solicits just dropped and since Martinbrough is being more and more open about it I'm hoping is going to be revealed either in this month's solicits or in February's at the latest.

I've finished updating the opening post. And changed the pictures too: they look fine now.

I'll change or add whatever thing you guys think that should be in. I also happen to have posted the second post, so there's still space to fill in case we need to.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-03-2022 at 05:53 PM.

happy new Year Jason and fans. Wishing you a 2022 full of good and varied content.

I wonder if Get Joker will actually get finished, some online shops are listing issue 3 for March