Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm not up to date with all of Jason's stories when he was Robin [back issues aren't so easy to come by sadly]

I haven't read that one. is it a batman story or a Titans one?
    New Teen Titans Volume 2 #20+#21

Didn't get to expand much before on WKRH but issue #1 is honestly my favourite Jason centred comic of the year(so far). I'm guessing issue #2 is gonna have the characters fall, and fall hard thanks to Jasons hubris, but for now, despite the differing universe it still felt true enough to the character, and even though the portrayal is not meant to be in a completely flattering light, with the whole, 'drifter and down on his luck drunkard' vibe, it still managed to remain respectful and kept Jason well rounded and competent enough to not feel too bogged down by this characterisation. I mentioned before that ever since Steph Robin, I've had a soft spot for plucky and positive female sidekicks and Gan did not disappoint. Her upbeat, bold and brave attitude is such a great foil to Jasons cynicism and grumpiness here, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing her within the main continuity forging this mentor/student bond with Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    With two weeks to go, what are your hopes and fears for Outlaws?

I'm having low expectations, just having Jason drop the angst and constant back and forth about whether he and Bruce are on good terms or not is enough for me. But looking at the writer's Twitter I worry he's going to go full Tumblr fanbase pandering instead of delivering an actual, solid story. From what I've seen, I have no worries about the art.
    Oh considering it is on webtoon, and webtoon has a 'particular demographic', I imagine there will definitely be some pandering for sure. Although personally I'm not really holding it to the same standards as I would with a regular comic title, it still would be very nice if it did have a strong enough story to keep up interest.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-06-2022 at 07:39 AM.

Jason showing up in the previews for Worlds Without a Justice League - Green Lantern

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dark...ern-1-preview/

A page from Gotham Knights: The Official Collector’s Compendium

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1555916631007805443

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Jason showing up in the previews for Worlds Without a Justice League - Green Lantern

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dark...ern-1-preview/
    Still an odd choice for Jason to be in the Green Lantern part. I don't think he's ever formally met John and when they were on a team, he and Kyle were only kept from killing eachother by Donna. And we're not even sure that's still canon.

Didn't get to expand much before on WKRH but issue #1 is honestly my favourite Jason centred comic of the year(so far). I'm guessing issue #2 is gonna have the characters fall, and fall hard thanks to Jasons hubris, but for now, despite the differing universe it still felt true enough to the character, and even though the portrayal is not meant to be in a completely flattering light, with the whole, 'drifter and down on his luck drunkard' vibe, it still managed to remain respectful and kept Jason well rounded and competent enough to not feel too bogged down by this characterisation. I mentioned before that ever since Steph Robin, I've had a soft spot for plucky and positive female sidekicks and Gan did not disappoint. Her upbeat, bold and brave attitude is such a great foil to Jasons cynicism and grumpiness here, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing her within the main continuity forging this mentor/student bond with Jason.
    Have you read Hawkeye, @Redbird? (both Matt Fraction's and Kelly Thompson's, I guess her West Avengers count too) Because Gan has a very Kate dynamic to Jason's Clint. I like Gan (way) more, but still. Just in case you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Still an odd choice for Jason to be in the Green Lantern part. I don't think he's ever formally met John and when they were on a team, he and Kyle were only kept from killing eachother by Donna. And we're not even sure that's still canon.
    Frenemies, they call them, I think. And two characters who share a couple certain traits conflicting and also definitely don't share certain others also* conflicting. Which is hilarious and great foil. Also, I guess, they both were competing for Donna's attention, which is also hilarious.

Maybe John just knew about Jason's story and wanted to somehow fix it unconsciously. I don't know, whatever. Weirder things have happened in elseworlds.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-07-2022 at 03:30 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

A page from Gotham Knights: The Official Collector’s Compendium

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1555916631007805443

Pretty nice. I might pick that artbook down the line.

Unrelated but the way the writer of the webtoon keeps pandering to the "horny for Jason" crew is really souring me on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Frenemies, they call them, I think. And two characters who share a couple certain traits conflicting and also definitely don't share certain others algo conflicting. Which is hilarious and great foil. Also, I guess, they both were competing for Donna's attention, which is also hilarious.
    Couldn't agree more. Donna is quite popular among the superhero community (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Donna is quite popular among the superhero community (LOL):

Well, Jason and Donna do go back to the New Teen Titans days.

Well, Jason and Donna do go back to the New Teen Titans days.

Dude, I already know about that. But thanks, anyway.

I think Donna is one of the few Titans, besides Raven (for some random reason) that pre-New52 Jason has no qualms against.

I think Donna is one of the few Titans, besides Raven (for some random reason) that pre-New52 Jason has no qualms against.
    Ha! Jason & Raven. Now there's another "random relationship" I'd definitely like to see get explored...

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-07-2022 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Ha! Jason & Raven. Now there's another "random relationship" I'd definitely like to see get explored...
    I don't think they could canonically have much of an relationship.

Jason teamed on panel just twice up with the Titans. The first time it was just him and the original team (Donna, Wally, Roy, Garth and Hector Hall) and the second time he joined when they were going to rescue Dick and Raven who got brainwashed by the church of Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think they could canonically have much of an relationship.

Jason teamed on panel just twice up with the Titans. The first time it was just him and the original team (Donna, Wally, Roy, Garth and Hector Hall) and the second time he joined when they were going to rescue Dick and Raven who got brainwashed by the church of Blood.
    Sympathy for being mind controlled I guess?