Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I mean, using magic for a double jump is a common thing in hack and slash games like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.
    I don't play those so I can't say. The magic double jump I know is in Kingdom Hearts where the character also bounce on a magical glow, but she has a more graceful pose, spinning then landing elegantly like a dancer, and it's only used vertically, not for crossing a chasm. So while it can look spring loaded, they don't happen often enough for the goofiness to be noticeable.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't play those so I can't say. The magic double jump I know is in Kingdom Hearts where the character also bounce on a magical glow, but she has a more graceful pose, spinning then landing elegantly like a dancer, and it's only used vertically, not for crossing a chasm. So while it can look spring loaded, they don't happen often enough for the goofiness to be noticeable.
    Here

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/de...path-prefix=es

The thing with the double jump is that those games use it for combat and light platforming where long distances aren't really covered. Here, there's not enough momentum or visual spectacle to work perfectly as a traversal move that gets you across miles in a metropolis. I love double jumping (it can be incredibly satisfying), so that's my only gripe.

Still, it's the silliest thing to complain about and there's always room for "improvement" (if one thinks it needs as much) and good thing that every character has a grappling hook (duh). In any case, it definitely was a surprising design choice. They really seem to be focusing on Jason's relationship with the supernatural.

I'll rewatch it as soon as I'm done with work. But yeah, I'm a bit bummed because I thought it looked a bit jankier in both visuals and combat than I was anticipating. However, I still trust they can create a great game, WB Montreal is a talented studio and what a lot of what they've shared of the game (in interviews and footage) was promising.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 05-10-2022 at 09:43 AM.

So...Green Lantern Red Hood I guess

https://www.cbr.com/worlds-without-j...t-kyle-rayner/

"When Pariah and his forces of the Great Darkness laid waste to the most powerful superheroes of all time, all hope was lost...but the spirit of the Justice League can never truly die. John Stewart takes flight to defend his planet as the Emerald Knight of Justice alongside allies Red Hood and the blind prophet Kyle Rayner!

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/st...72354481160199

At least there will be some comic accurate suits.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    "When Pariah and his forces of the Great Darkness laid waste to the most powerful superheroes of all time, all hope was lost...but the spirit of the Justice League can never truly die. John Stewart takes flight to defend his planet as the Emerald Knight of Justice alongside allies Red Hood and the blind prophet Kyle Rayner![/I]
    That's so random and not in an "it might be cool" way.

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/st...72354481160199

At least there will be some comic accurate suits.
    The Jim Lee set is cool but the Beyond one is silly. It looks like they are bonded with Symbiotes.

Tumblr is mourning the death of Jason's good looks in Gotham Knights (the standard being Arkham Knight)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-10-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Tumblr is mourning the death of Jason's good looks in Gotham Knights (the standard being Arkham Knight)
    Weird, they're the ones that love seeing him with autopsy scars and the like.

It is a bit strange to see him not model-worthy but I guess they wanted to show his resurrection wasn't a pretty affair and he does give me vibes of Dean Winchester, so I can live.

https://www.cbr.com/worlds-without-j...t-kyle-rayner/

"When Pariah and his forces of the Great Darkness laid waste to the most powerful superheroes of all time, all hope was lost...but the spirit of the Justice League can never truly die. John Stewart takes flight to defend his planet as the Emerald Knight of Justice alongside allies Red Hood and the blind prophet Kyle Rayner!
    Wait.
    It's not an elseworld?

Man, this is going to make a lot of people go crazy (some of them, against it). And the JayKyle shipping is going to turn crazy too. Not that it was a small thing nowadays, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Wait.
    It's not an elseworld?

Man, this is going to make a lot of people go crazy (some of them, against it). And the JayKyle shipping is going to turn crazy too. Not that it was a small thing nowadays, though.
    It's an elseworld, kinda. It takes place in Jon Stewart "perfect reality" were he is trapped in.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Wait.
    It's not an elseworld?

Spoilers about Dark Crisis, I guess

spoilers:
    Pariah doesn't kill them, simply traps them in a fictional world custom-tailored to be their perfect world. Barry is stuck in essentially the silver age with all of his family and not bad guys, Superman is stuck in a world where he can see Jon growing up as his Robin (literally) and now Stewart is stuck in this weird reality with a blind Kyle and Green Lantern Jason Todd
    end of spoilers

Not surprised.
    For different reasons in my case, but some of you may remember how little I like the idea of scars like those in general. They really, really, really need a good story behind, because, if not, it's just a scar to make him look cool and tortured and interesting and whatever.
    Now, if they give him some "cool looking" scar (I would say edgy, but whatever), at least, do it with an actual good story behind. That way, it may look the edgiest dream of a teenager: it will be a scar with a good story behind.
    Besides all that, well... Too bulky for me. And the same foes for Dick's 3D model.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's an elseworld, kinda. It takes place in Jon Stewart "perfect reality" were he is trapped in.
    Spoilers about Dark Crisis, I guess

spoilers:
    Pariah doesn't kill them, simply traps them in a fictional world custom-tailored to be their perfect world. Barry is stuck in essentially the silver age with all of his family and not bad guys, Superman is stuck in a world where he can see Jon growing up as his Robin (literally) and now Stewart is stuck in this weird reality with a blind Kyle and Green Lantern Jason Todd
    end of spoilers
    Oooh, alright then.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-10-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Weird, they're the ones that love seeing him with autopsy scars and the like.

It is a bit strange to see him not model-worthy but I guess they wanted to show his resurrection wasn't a pretty affair and he does give me vibes of Dean Winchester, so I can live.
    No, the scar is fine, Dean Winchester is super fine, some of them even like him build tanky, but they don't like him looking like a drill sergeant. Dean still count as pretty. Most of them want him boyish, since he was still 18-19 when he became Red Hood.

Mixed feelings on the Gotham Knights, like everyone else. Nice they're kind of leaning into the mystical side of Jason, but it seems they missed the actual mystical parts of Jason in favor of mystical characters in other video games. I like they also have numerous costume designs with different benefits as well. But Jason being like an un-Venomed Bane kind of big is a bit off. Dick isn't much better, and only smaller in comparison to Jason. Jason is supposed to be 6 foot even. Which is not that big.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't like how Jason looks like a HS jock fresh off the football field. He's straight out of National Lampoon