Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And from Beyond The White Knight #4

I love the art in that RH spin off. It's a bit too dramatic, but really pretty and manga like.

The Nightwing, Robin... in the SDCC art aren't from anything in particular, right?

I wouldn't read too much into RH being there, but man, if only. Although it's not like I trust WB/DC to do right by the character (generally, but specially in film/TV). They had a great opportunity with Affleck's older Bruce, as much as I dislike the overall DCEU's take on the characters. I remember that, initially, it was Dick who Joker killed lmao. So I'm glad they didn't go that route, it'd have been a disservice to both Jason and Dick.

I couldn't be happier with The Batman and Pattinson, although deep down I'm sad that we're unlikely to get live-action Jason (beyond CW-tier stuff). Then again, the DCEU is such a mess right now that they could do anything they want.

Glad to see the UtRH getup in any case. One of his greatest designs.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 06-29-2022 at 05:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

Does anybody else here listen to music while reading comics?

Just wondering if you have any music suggestions for reading some Red Hood. Gonan be starting Lost Days in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    The Nightwing, Robin... in the SDCC art aren't from anything in particular, right?
    They're wearing their Gotham Knights outfits. You can also see GK Babs in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    They're wearing their Gotham Knights outfits. You can also see GK Babs in the back.
    Oh, you're right. Robin is very obviously the GK incarnation (Nightwing is pretty nondescript, but is clearly the one from the game too. Same for Babs).

Uh, interesting, especially since Jim Lee has already drawn GK Red Hood: why would he be the only one looking different? A silly dream, but a Jason-centric animated movie or, better yet, show would be amazing too tbh.

I wouldn't mind this Red Hood becoming his new design after TFZ, although I guess that art piece mostly focuses on non-comic stuff.

Yup, from what I can tell the Nightwing looks like Titans Nightwing, (thanks to the blue shoulders) and the Robin looks like it's Tim from Gotham Knights. Barbara shows up three times on the poster, as Oracle from Titans, as Batgirl from Gotham Knights and also Batgirl from the upcoming live action film. Basically all the other DC characters costumes are fairly accurate or otherwise close enough to whatever film/show/game counterpart that they are trying to depict, and it just seemed odd that only Jason had a costume that wasn't even close to the game or tv show counterparts that we've seen so far.

In all likelihood, it's most likely just a colouring error, and nothing more, but if we could have fun making speculations, I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that there could perhaps be a reveal of upcoming alternate costumes for the Gotham Knights? Or maybe a Red Hood skin for the Suicide Squad game?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    In all likelihood, it's most likely just a colouring error,
    I think the combination of the black jacket and no symbol on the chest has only been used in the comic version of UTRH and other pre flashpoint comics, so seeing that design here seems a little odd.

But the Flash and Green Lantern designs seem also not really connected to any projects outside of comics (but they seem at least the current Designs in the Comics), and I'm also not sure about the Harley Quinn Design (maybe thats from the Suicide Squad game), and there is also the already cancelled CW-Batwoman.

It might be a coloring mistake after all, if you zoom in a lot you can see what it looks like a hoodie and arm guards on Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But the Flash and Green Lantern designs seem also not really connected to any projects outside of comics (but they seem at least the current Designs in the Comics), and I'm also not sure about the Harley Quinn Design (maybe thats from the Suicide Squad game), and there is also the already cancelled CW-Batwoman.
    I'm fairly certain there was talk of a Green lantern series coming to HBO, though details about the series have been scarce, (perhaps there will be details revealed during SDCC) and I assumed the two flashes were representative of the tv series flash and the new upcoming movie flash. Harley's design appears to be from the Suicide Squad game, although the pants seems to have been swapped out for the classic shorts, but the jacket, the top and the hair are all accurate to the game. Which was why I said though, that the character designs in the image are either 'fairly accurate or otherwise close enough', where as the Jason design is nothing like the GK design and even assuming it was meant to be Titans Red Hood, is missing the chest emblem, the red hoodie and the jacket is coloured black as opposed to brown. Aside from the helmet, no element of the costume is accurate to any known outside media featuring the character, and instead has him looking closer to the UTRH version, which is strange.

No one talking about WFA?
    Latest issue tackles Jason's trauma from being tortured and killed by Joker. Somewhat tackled in RHATO and in 3 Jokers. PTSD, awful.

I honestly lost track and hadn't realised THIS particular episode dropped for free today.

It's nice to see Jason finally get an arc to himself, though of course, because this is Jason, it has to be tragic, even in webtoons, some things never change. XD
    Last edited by RedBird; 06-29-2022 at 11:14 PM.

I honestly lost track and hadn't realised THIS particular episode dropped for free today.

It's nice to see Jason finally get an arc to himself, though of course, because this is Jason, it has to be tragic, even in webtoons, some things never change. XD
    Well, all of his other appearances have either been for a laugh, or for sage advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, all of his other appearances have either been for a laugh, or for sage advice.
    Indeed. It took a while for Jason to get a story of his own, but in the meantime he'd made some nice appearances and cameos throughout the webtoon.

Extraordinary Member

Indeed. It took a while for Jason to get a story of his own, but in the meantime he'd made some nice appearances and cameos throughout the webtoon.
    It might have been a more Damian centric story, "Dirty Little Secrets" was my favourite WFA story for Jason sofar.