Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Going back to GK, I just find the backlash about Jason's design to be completely baffling. For years, one of the biggest criticisms I've seen thrown around at him and his brothers is that all of them look like mini versions of Bruce so much that standing out among them is one of the main justifications for keeping the white streak; so I'd assumed that getting an entirely distinctive look -that also is informed by fanon takes like being bigger and more muscular than Dick and Tim, the scars- would be exactly the thing they always asked for. Even the buzzcut fits into this take since this version of Jason is one that has gone through more hardships compared to other takes. And isn't like this is the first time he has been sporting a buzzcut anyway.
    Agreed. Definitely, can't argue with that. Distinction is key (IMHO):

You can be in the camp of wanting every Robin to be visually distinct with Jason being big, scarred, short-haired and having a white streak and still dislike the GK design :shrug

As in, I like all of those things (even though my favourite design is Dexter Soy's) and his Hush and his FS designs, two of my favourites, are very much in line with those elements. But yeah, the GK in-game model is really not doing it for me. The CG model they showed with the reveal looked better, but it might have just been the angle/lighting and all of that (it's been ages since I last saw it).

Regardless, it's about the last of the game's potential problems. Hopefully they can get it up to speed, since it looks rougher than it did in 2020 (when it was clearly still in development, but the presentation was better). Hell, maybe they'll even tweak some things in his character model (doubtful) or let us change his hairstyle like we see with Dick (although that's for the hero outfits, I don't know if the casual skins can be changed and the hair is not my only gripe with his looks).
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 05-12-2022 at 03:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Remind me again, All-Caste training is still canon after Infinite Frontier right? How about the League of Assassin's training, Tynion version, or international training, Winnick version?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Remind me again, All-Caste training is still canon after Infinite Frontier right? How about the League of Assassin's training, Tynion version, or international training, Winnick version?
    Isn't everything canon after Infinite Frontier?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Isn't everything canon after Infinite Frontier?
    No but yes.

All stories are canon, but the reboots are also canon, and with every reboots come new history. Some are the same, some are not, some are new. That's how you get Infinite Crisis happening, Conner dead but Bludhaven survived, Dick quit BPD not because Blockbuster found out his identity but because there's too much corruption, Rose still has both her eyes, Tim has a crush on Bernard that he didn't realize, Antiope can revisit Themyscira, and so on.

Of course, right now I'm not counting alternate timeline that can weave out from main timeline, creating a different canon, then combined back with the main timeline and carrying that alternate experience with it... if that's the case, then it's truly everything is canon... but from the changes in Tim, Rose, and Dick's history, I don't think that's the case. I think there's only one version.

The authors can mix different versions together to create a new version, but that's still one version.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-12-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No but yes.

All stories are canon, but the reboots are also canon, and with every reboots come new history. Some are the same, some are not, some are new. That's how you get Infinite Crisis happening, Conner dead but Bludhaven survived, Dick quit BPD not because Blockbuster found out his identity but because there's too much corruption, Rose still has both her eyes, Tim has a crush on Bernard that he didn't realize, Antiope can revisit Themyscira, and so on.

Of course, right now I'm not counting alternate timeline that can weave out from main timeline, creating a different canon, then combined back with the main timeline and carrying that alternate experience with it... if that's the case, then it's truly everything is canon... but from the changes in Tim, Rose, and Dick's history, I don't think that's the case. I think there's only one version.

The authors can mix different versions together to create a new version, but that's still one version.
    Just stick to whatever each writer likes, until next one choses differently. Everything is potentially canon until it's not for certain stories is my way of seeing it.

Extraordinary Member

Thing with the All-Caste training is that it allways just come up very infrequently, when it comes to the rest of his training I guess it will be handled similar to Bruce training, meaning the details will constantly change...

Spectacular Member

over the mystic leap I remember at least thee occasions in which he uses the all blades, something similar can be seen although not the same
    aaredhod.jpg
    aared.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kalethas31; 05-12-2022 at 06:27 PM.

New Gotham Knights Funkos - https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/st...46447115423744

Additional exclusive glow in the dark version for Batgirl, black light version for Red hood and jumbo version for Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    New Gotham Knights Funkos - https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/st...46447115423744

Additional exclusive glow in the dark version for Batgirl, black light version for Red hood and jumbo version for Nightwing.
    It's Eerie how much the Tim Robin looks like Damian Robin.

The additional exclusive Red Hood and Batgirl versions sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    It's Eerie how much the Tim Robin looks like Damian Robin.

The additional exclusive Red Hood and Batgirl versions sound cool.
    Yeah, was thinking that myself. On another note;

When Sanity Runs Out, a series where Jason and Roy get sent to the Star Wars Clone Wars series, actually had its first update in quite a longtime.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/27461338

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Finally an easily accessible Red Hodd funko. Is ridiculous how pricey the previous releases are because they are retailer exclusives.

Can I just say...Jason Todd/Red Hood is one amazing character.

I am hoping with a great writer and artist we can get a great series down the line.

I will say this, what they did with Jason Todd on the Titans show on HBO Max was awful and very upsetting. Hoping we see the character in a movie some day to get it right.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Can I just say...Jason Todd/Red Hood is one amazing character.

I am hoping with a great writer and artist we can get a great series down the line.

I will say this, what they did with Jason Todd on the Titans show on HBO Max was awful and very upsetting. Hoping we see the character in a movie some day to get it right.
    Agreed. Though, Gotham Future State is a Jason Todd series in all but name, with him being the central character.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

GK's developers are holding a Q&A next week and are taking questions from the fans on the discord server

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/st...48529429041154

At this point the only thing I'm really curious about is if we're going to see more nods/references to the All-Caste.