Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

For anyone interested here's a thread from the artist Nico Bascuñán giving some behind the scenes and process shots of the Webtoon.

https://twitter.com/nbascunan/status...67947424075778

Character illustrations (like the one above) of the other outlaws are within the thread

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Awesome info - love how much care it seems the whole team is taking with this story!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    More Red Hood gameplay tomorrow

The emphasis on "HIGH LEVEL gameplay" makes me think they've heard the complaints about the gameplay shown so far being really poor
    Is live, a brief trailer showcasing two Red Hood builds Marksman and Brawler. Personally, I think Brawler looks better but I still can't tell if the combat just sucks or is just whoever is playing the one who sucks.

Ever since that Nightwing/RH demo a few months ago I've been really on the fence re: Gotham Knights, which is a fucking shame considering how excited I was for it.

The character-focused trailers look very good, but everytime they try to showcase short or long non-cinematic gameplay sequences I'm the same: does the combat suck or is it the person playing it? Because it looks fucking clunky. The city also, despite liking the design a lot, looks kinda lifeless.

I still think the marketing probably is to blame for a lot of these sensations, but I'm not too confident. I hope it turns out OK, it's not like we have many games where we can play as these characters in a meaningful way. I don't expect it to set the world on fire and I'd be fine with a competent game even if it's not great.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Ever since that Nightwing/RH demo a few months ago I've been really on the fence re: Gotham Knights, which is a fucking shame considering how excited I was for it.

The character-focused trailers look very good, but everytime they try to showcase short or long non-cinematic gameplay sequences I'm the same: does the combat suck or is it the person playing it? Because it looks fucking clunky. The city also, despite liking the design a lot, looks kinda lifeless.

I still think the marketing probably is to blame for a lot of these sensations, but I'm not too confident. I hope it turns out OK, it's not like we have many games where we can play as these characters in a meaningful way. I don't expect it to set the world on fire and I'd be fine with a competent game even if it's not great.
    I think it's because of whoever plays the game, honestly.
    The city does look a bit empty, but it could be because those areas lack life themselves because they are areas for missions.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-16-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Generally its accepted that the people who demo these games for these gameplay videos have absolutely no idea how to actually play games.

There are several infamous cases I recall where a game looks worse than it actually is because the reporter playing sucks ass at it.

Otto Schmidt was asked if he could gift the fandom with a sketch for Jason's Birthday.

And he delivered.

https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...14470178766848

Nevermind.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-20-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Here's one by Nico Bascuñán

https://twitter.com/nbascunan/status...41902773227522

Happy Bday Jace!

Here's another one from the artist assistant for the RHO Webtoon, Relajavo

https://twitter.com/relajavo/status/1559744273163190274

Happy birthday boy (kratos voice)

Last edited by RedBird; 08-16-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Last edited by RedBird; 08-16-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Is that...Talia there!?